11 8.5%

13 10.0%

10 7.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

MAD20

I didn't expect at all to see Hera Björk winning... The song is doing nothing to me and is quite boring to be honest, it'll struggle to qualify I'm afraid. :3: points.

SirPeterGriffin

Look at how far we made it...and look how far we fall. I'm sorry Hera, Je ne sais quoi was such a big moment in my formative years as a fan of the contest but this is the blandest wine mom song i've heard in quite a while.

cassio

I remember Hera from Denmark 2009 the song this year is not as good as then. There are so manny good pop songs this year that Iceland might not qulify for the final. Together with Denmark this is a boderline qyalify 6 pts

Realest

Just watched 6 Youtube-Tops and all had her in the Bottom3 .

Anyway 5 Points for the Song + 2 Bonuspoints, because..

Sammy

Veteran
No we see if Hera goes to Eurovision or if this was a disguised internal selection for Bashar or :is: withdraw. The guidelines stated the winner of Songvakeppnin this year isn't necessarily going to Eurovision. We'll have to wait. Not a fan of her song though. A shame Sigga Ozk had no chance. Hera and Vaeb were my least favorite songs of the final. Sadly the best song was eliminated in the semifinals.
I reas somewhere that that rule was introduced for the case Bashar would have won and EBU would not have allowed him to go to Malmø. Dont know if that is true though.

But anyways: the choice of Bashar as a possible representative was blatant political activism on the part of RUV-responsibles. There was a majority of people who clearly stated their opinion on that and it would be very stupid by RUV to overrule this.

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
This is a :12: for me. Thanks Iceland for giving this 50 year old woman another chance at ESC. /s

The song is actually very inoffensive and it's a throwback to like the early 2010s pop. It's still at least better than half of the songs that were released because at least it's very mainstream. Giving this a :5:. I hope the Pro-Palestine supports do not have a go at Hera. She won the contest fair and square.

And to the Icelandic broadcaster, I guess the general public doesn't want to have their winning song to be politicized for a cause that has nothing with their country.

crashworld

Veteran

hijirio

Veteran
Thank you Bashar for exposing Europe’s hypocrisy without even making it to Malmö xheat xheat

Looren

Veteran
Gave this another listen

Her 2010 song was last in my ranking back in the days, this one won't be, but it's still sooooooooo bland and annoying

:4:

hpp0

It's just a song that exists. It's not horrible to listen to or something, it's just there.

In the situation it found itself in, I understand why it won. But judging both simply as songs, for my taste, Bashar's was better and had at least a more unique sound to it. I didn't pay attention to the lyrics, but based on the performance, even if you know that the singer is Palestinian, I don't think it would lead most people to think it is about the war.

What I don't understand however, is why this song was in the superfinal in first place. I didn't follow the NF but based on the comments I read, there were better songs. Couldn't those that didn't want "Wild West" to win coordinate their efforts and send an at least more competitive song in the top 2?

Anyway, I'll give it a :4:, but it's my least favourite entry so far. It's just too bland.

HarryUK

Veteran
I guess politics doesn’t win in Iceland!

Fantastic to have Hera back. She’s bucked the trend of returning artists falling at the last hurdle this year

SAYAY

Anyway, let's not be too sad/happy depending which camp you are in.

According to official ESC website:

Source: https://eurovision.tv/story/hera-bjork-wins-songvakeppnin-scared-heights

So I guess RUV still can withdraw (it could be a miracle), or "force" Hera to withdraw or decide to continue their participation.
Wait I am confused with this line
"RUV will decide if this spng will represent Iceland in Malmo in the next upcoming days"

I thought they said they would leave it to the artist(s) on what they would wish to do? Have I missed something here?

empo21

Veteran
Whoever said Iceland lately chooses youth church songs last year was spot on, because this feels exactly like that type of song (again)

This isn't great, Iceland :3:

Last edited:

han-g

Wait I am confused with this line
"RUV will decide if this spng will represent Iceland in Malmo in the next upcoming days"

I thought they said they would leave it to the artist(s) on what they would wish to do? Have I missed something here?
No they said they would discuss it with the artist who won.

Top Bottom