ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Loindici

Veteran
Footage of my inner demon after the Songvakeppnin announcement:
fd7c33ce7a0a0ca09f035c5e331d6517.gif

SAYAY

Well, it was my least favorite song in the final. Since I have a German trauma about :0: points, I will give Hera :1:.
I considered giving a 2 first, but I really like Hera so I ended up with a 3 instead :ROFLMAO:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I didn't like this final lineup at all. Heiðrún Anna had a dreamy song that was right up my alley, although it didn't translate to the stage as well as I'd hoped. Blankiflúr was also decent. Without them advancing, there was literally nothing for me in this final.

I still hold Je Ne Sais Quoi very close to my heart. One of the all time schlager greats. Hera's Björk's song this year though was actually dead last in my initial ranking. It's so nondescript and a waste of a fabulous voice. The bit during the performance where it goes slow motion and Hera turns back and holds up her bed sheet, that's a moment. I kind of like the staging I guess and of course, she sells it. Looking for positives and there are some. She's too camp and charming for me to hate on. I feel almost guilty for not being into her entry.

4 points for the song and an extra point for the vision of @theCONWEL listening to Scared of Heights in Sainsbury's, slow motion twirling through each aisle, especially we can hope during the trip through the frozen section. I'm afraid the only way this :5: points I'm handing over is ever going to shoot up though is if we receive video evidence of CONWEL's Sainsbury's visits that are supposedly soundtracked to Hera Björk. Get on it.

Bashar also would have been a 5 too. I find him cute but the song was bang in the middle of the road, just a smidge better than Hera's offering. She brings the vocals though.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Well Iceland could have avoided all of this bullshit if they had just LISTENED TO ME and made it CeaseTone vs Maiaa, aka the two best songs in English aka the two songs that actually WOULD have qualified and gotten a top 10 in Sweden with the right support.

AND I'M NOT LETTING IT GO EITHER!!!!! I CARE AND SO DOES MAUVE AND WE MATTER OKAY, EVEN IF IT'S ONLY US TWO ON AN ISLAND WITH THIS #RIDEORDIE OPINION OKAY!!!!!

(for the danes that don't get humour out there: i am not "resentful" but just really, really, really sarcastic and funny. you should try that too sometime ^__^)

Loindici

Veteran
While I am still processing things...

VIÐ FÖRRUM HÆRA!
7za1n3.gif

njdevils94

Veteran
No we see if Hera goes to Eurovision or if this was a disguised internal selection for Bashar or :is: withdraw. The guidelines stated the winner of Songvakeppnin this year isn't necessarily going to Eurovision. We'll have to wait. Not a fan of her song though. A shame Sigga Ozk had no chance. Hera and Vaeb were my least favorite songs of the final. Sadly the best song was eliminated in the semifinals.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
:2: from me.
It's Hera and the song looks entertaining on stage. A pity the song is very weak, dated and simply bad but it Will make do.

Like others said, semi 1 was already crowded with GF-material anyway...

SAYAY

Strange.
Me moving closer to the Fjords somehow was... xD
Haha welcome to the land of fjords! But I would probably be a bit cautious with moving to say Geiranger. Watch the movie "Bølgen" for context :LOL:

ArmpitOfEurope

Still insane that Wild West was the best song that Bashar, with the entirety of Hatari and friends behind him, could come up with.

So true. With a song in the vein of Take me to church he could have been a contender

Top Bottom