13 10.1%

10 7.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

0scar

Um allan alheiminn won the wildcard for the final if I got it correctly

well Iceland is still a lost cause if it needs a wildcard from the broadcaster to qualify for the final, it is never gonna win then
rip Fljúga burt

jatojo

My Icelandic favourite flew away there. Cute pop songs have a hard time in these competitions.

Looren

Veteran
I wish Bashar entered with Nafas, it's a gorgeous song

His entry right now is middling imo :(

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Wow, lots of anti-Bashar sentiment around here, kinda weird...
I would say something but my lawyer advised me not to so I'll just quote this for the suspans :)

I think I will be pleased with any of the songs winning xcheer my least favorite is probably væb but it would still be a fine 7 pointer if it wins xheat

Loindici

Veteran
So, I want either Hera or Sigga to take the ticket, I feel they're such engaging performers. But I wish for both of them to keep it in Icelandic, please. Something about Icelandic with hard-hitting dance music is just right.

Aitonimi

I wasn't so impressed about 2. semi. I would have chosen Sigga Ózk and Hera Björk to final. Bashar Mudra's stage show was pretty cool, I iked that. So after all, I think correct acts were chosen. Haven't listened other finalists yet, so cannot point my favorite yet.

edit:
After checked all the final acts, I feel I would pick VÆB or Bashar Murad for Iceland in the end. The most fresh. Bashar the best show and interesting song, VÆB I liked vocals and its different, though I would re-think the show. Can not make my mind which one of these two is my favorite :coffee::giggle:

Last edited:

ShoeFlo

Wow, lots of anti-Bashar sentiment around here, kinda weird...

Where do you read it?
On the one hand there are people who dont support him cause his song is shit, on the other hand there are people (like me) who don't mind his song at all but think that Iceland should get represented by an Icelandic person or a person with a connection to the country.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
This fucking broadcaster and country. First, they allow CeaseTone to Irglova himself to death with the best song in their selection. But
This-is-Fine-300x300.jpg
, because Sigga and Maiaa are still in, and Bashar could be good too. Right? 🙂🙂🙂😐

Then this week, they SUDDENLY change the running order to put Hera Björk last, so she and Bashar qualify and kill the second and third best song.

And granted Maiaa's styling was ALL WRONG but she had an excellent song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She should have been the second qualifier!!!!! Or at least the wildcard over Sigga who bless, is great but significantly worse in English!!!!

As far as Bashar is concerned - He could have been better but I like him, what's the fuss? Singing in Icelandic when you're not proficient is fucking hard and you need to concentrate on that and not, you know, the rest. He did okay given the circumstances. Fucking blame RÚV for insisting to go icelandic in the heats although GREAT SONGS LIKE FLOW AND BREAK AWAY WERE WRITTEN FOR AND SOUND BETTER IN ENGLISH.

It's frustrating. This selection was GOOD and they ruined it with their draconian format. I hope the palestinian wins because no citizen from this country deserves representation this year after all this tomfoolery.
631-arms-crossed.png

Realest

Sigga Ozk 7/10
Hera 5.9/10
Bashar Murad 5.2/10
Anita 4.7/10
Vaeb 3.2/10

Top Bottom