Í dimmum vetri – hækkar sól
Bræðir hjartans klakabönd – svo hlý
Í dimmum vetri – vorið væna
Vermir þitt vænghaf á ný​

Last edited by a moderator:

njdevils94

Veteran
Can't believe Sigga, Beta and Elín won! xcheer

So happy for them. Really pretty entry that can continue Iceland's great results in the past few years. xheart

Feel for Reykjavíkurdætur but their performance was a tad sloppy.

hijirio

Veteran
If I hear one more acoustic entry I’m cutting my wrists xpuke

marty

Not bad but somehow boring. I dont see it qualify. I give 3 points.

ChiversLookDivine

This is quality. The appeal is definitely more for an adult audience so I can see why some aren’t fans . I’m ecstatic it won. Sublime.

My second favourite ESC song of all time is Calm After The Storm, and outside of Eurovision this is a genre I like. I can confidently say I don't like it when this is the sort of song that should appeal to me.

I appreciate Iceland sending something different as always, but this song does nothing new, it just plods along. Compared to The Common Linnets or even Stefan from this year it falls well short.

There's always a chance this could stand out and somehow repeat The Black Mamba's surprise qualification and high finish from last year, but I doubt it. Will continue to listen and hope that my mind changes, I really want it to.

crashworld

Veteran
Wow. The vocals are sublime and ethereal. But the song is such a snoozefest. Thanks Iceland for contributing another uneventful mediocrity. What's new?

Giving the song a :5: just for the harmonies.

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
Compared to The Common Linnets or even Stefan from this year it falls well short.
TCL was country and I didn’t like it.
SBE are more indie than country and I love it.
I also love Stefan and I hope those two didn’t eliminate themselves but since Stefan is more pop-ish and uptempo I hope both with qualify.

popavapeur

Coming for Stefan's gig

Girl on the right look like she doesn't know what to do with her guitar, it's cute though, not bad at all but I'm having a hard time predicting. It looks like an easy flop but as i'm so good predicting stuff (no) it's gonna do A Calm After The Storm or something

Fluke

Weak, wimpy, undistinctive and pointless. The only surprising thing about this is that there actually are people named "Beta". At least they're not in the same semi as Estonia, if those in charge wanted to be really cruel they'd put them right next to each other :LOL:

Phoenix

I like this one quite a bit on first listen, but then I am a bit sleepy rn, so there's that. Take my :10: points.

Mainshow

Veteran
:8:
They will not make my Top 10 but they are really close. I'll keep my fingers crossed for them in May. I would be really glad to see them qualify. In my opinion, this is the most charming entry involving acoustic guitars in this year's competition

ArmpitOfEurope

This lost me somewhere in the middle, and thats where they will lose the interest of ESC viewers too.
:3: mostly cause they are fairly cute

Stashio833

I'm really happy with the decision to keep this in Icelandic. It's a very beautiful and hypnotizing song. I'd rank it second right now, but could take my top spot. :10:

jatojo

Was hoping for Katla. :( The winner doesn't appeal to me at all.Of the country music entries, I definitely prefer "Hope".

hpp0

I really like how calm and sweet this is and I'm also really glad they kept in Icelandic. It does get quite boring after a while though and this year it could get lost in shuffle. It needs a "Calm After The Storm" performance to do well, though the existing performance is pretty good.

Top Bottom