14 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Iceland-scaled.jpg

Iker

Veteran
Dadi for the win xcheer
Iva is not doing it for me, I get it's different but I find it so weak it's surprising for me that so many people like it xshrug

I like this song of Dadi more than his other Eurovision attempt and I would not mind him representing Iceland this year. The song gives me many warm feelings, and has a Jungle/ Funky music cool spice to it that I appreciate. :)

Mrm

Veteran
Given the fact that she's a pupil at the Rotterdam Conservatory I see some problems with this statement.
Meeeeh, now everything is clear... :( xcry
I will never LOVE Iceland in ESC again..

Uto

Veteran
Meeeeh, now everything is clear... :( xcry
I will never LOVE Iceland in ESC again..
Why? She's half-Icelandic, half-Dutch. Grew up in Iceland most likely given that her Dutch has a noticeable accent I can't pinpoint. The Rotterdam Conservatory is very well respected and probably the best one for international students in the Netherlands. It's only logical for her to end up there, given the lack of a world class conservatory in Iceland.

Mrm

Veteran
Why? She's half-Icelandic, half-Dutch. Grew up in Iceland most likely given that her Dutch has a noticeable accent I can't pinpoint. The Rotterdam Conservatory is very well respected and probably the best one for international students in the Netherlands. It's only logical for her to end up there, given the lack of a world class conservatory in Iceland.
And how she didn't apply for ESC last year or next year for example, then.. ;)

Uto

Veteran
And how she didn't apply for ESC last year or next year for example, then.. ;)
She met the producer of the song (also studies music in R'dam) at a party by chance last year and started talking about Eurovision. This seems like a topic that would come up between students of the conservatory in R'dam. So there was no opportunity perceived before. This is the first year she can realistically apply and she did. Stands to reason that the location being Rotterdam must also have seemed like an opportunity to good to miss. None of this can be held against her surely.

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
We are speaking only about IVA and Dadi, so I have to mention once again how I LOVE Dimma - "Almyrkvi"! xlove xheart Iceland would be so high on my list with that rock band in Rotterdam!
And Stefán Jakobsson! xheat

njdevils94

Veteran
As expected Iva and Daði both advanced and will be huge favorites for the final. Daði's number is very similar to 2018. I like it but don't love it. The gimmick with the instruments and shirts are cute but to me this maxes out at 18-20th at best for a result at ESC. Iva is just on a different level to everything in this selection. Yeah there are a few thing to worked out in the staging like getting rid of that illuminati triangle and not fidgeting with her hands but it has so much potential in my view Iceland would be foolish not to select it.

Nína was lucky to get the wild card. Her song and performance was pretty darn basic. It's only there to make up the numbers anyway. Her dog in the postcard though. ❤

I actually wouldn't of minded Matti Matt getting the wildcard. It was a sweet ballad. Hildur Vala had a very expressive performance (seriously she looked like an air bender out there) but she needed a better song.

Rankings

:is: Söngvakeppnin 2020 Semifinal 2
1. Iva - Oculis videre
2. Daði & Gagnamagnið - Gagnamagnið
3. Matti Matt - Dreyma
4. Hildur Vala - Fellibylur
5. Nína - Ekkó

Lindon

Uto

Veteran
I don't get the fuss about Dadi's entry going viral. Even German wannabe celebrities like Böhmermann tweeted about it.
It's a good song, it's fun and quirky. I don't listen the radio all that often, but I do remember that there used to be a lot more variety when I was younger. Songs like this have fallen out of an increasingly narrow mainstream, even though people really like stuff like this. Everyone tweeting about acts like Dathi and The Roop I think is actually a critique on the current mainstream that is simply not trying hard enough to get acts heard that are quality.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
*coughs*

I'm really disappointed that I have to post this warning. Mocking an artist for a disability is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated. If it happens again I will be issuing infractions.

Citelis

OK i think i have to worry since on the Youtube Dadi has way more views and at the same time he has better like - dislike ratio!

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm

Uto

Veteran
OK i think i have to worry since on the Youtube Dadi has way more views and at the same time he has better like - dislike ratio!
These things don't really say all that much. If foreigners are tweeting about pyjama man and people go and watch that it isn't getting more traction where it matters, which is in Iceland.

Citelis

These things don't really say all that much. If foreigners are tweeting about pyjama man and people go and watch that it isn't getting more traction where it matters, which is in Iceland.
I know that Youtube views won't tell the winner but still it's clear that Dadi gets a lot of hype. People like his entry more than i expected and way more than i wanted.

Uto

Veteran
I know that Youtube views won't tell the winner but still it's clear that Dadi gets a lot of hype. People like his entry more than i expected and way more than i wanted.
Same here. I don't mind his song, it's pretty cool, but I want to have my socks blown off and Iva is the one who can do that. I had expected a Dimma vs Iva endgame.

What irks me the most is exactly what happened with The Roop which is that it's just going to be a meme factory for two months which I hate and it robs us of a potentially spectacular entry (as with Monique).

Citelis

Same here. I don't mind his song, it's pretty cool, but I want to have my socks blown off and Iva is the one who can do that. I had expected a Dimma vs Iva endgame.

What irks me the most is exactly what happened with The Roop which is that it's just going to be a meme factory for two months which I hate and it robs us of a potentially spectacular entry (as with Monique).
Yes i can see what is about to happen and the problem is not only that there will be no ''Oculis videre'' in Rotterdam. If Dadi goes to Eurovision he will get similar level of hype as The Roop and right now that's the last thing i want to see happening. :lol:

Top Bottom