Contact us

How much does it cost...

Quent91

... for a broadcaster to take part to the ESC ? I read some different amounts of money, but I'm not sure.

Also, what is the fee if the broadcaster wants to withdraw after the deadline ?

Yamarus

Very good question indeed. I don't know, actually...

But, for example, you'd have to pay the accomodation/salary/flight of the artist(s)+supporting personnel+5 jury members. That's already bound to be quite expensive, especially now that the ESC is a week-long event.

I think the penalty for withdrawing is significant, you'd have to check Lebanon 2005 to find some numbers.

As an auxiliary question, could anyone hazard a guess at how much it costs to organise the ESC?

Sabiondo

I read that Netherlands had to paid about 500.000 Euros every year to EBU in concept of taking part in ESC every year.. its ture..??

MyHeartIsYours

A few years ago Im sure that the papers said that the United Kingdom pays £120000. I presume that the other Big 5 members will be around that amount too. As for everyone else, I dont know. I could be completely wrong though, dont count on my memory! :lol:

Sabiondo

A few years ago Im sure that the papers said that the United Kingdom pays £120000. I presume that the other Big 5 members will be around that amount too. As for everyone else, I dont know. I could be completely wrong though, dont count on my memory! :lol:

Mayber with the crisis the mount was tripled or quadruplicate now .. i was imagined the same thing :shock:

lucian-crusher

The participation fee is 100000 Euros. I don't know about the rest....

Until 2010, the Moldovan artists had to pay for everything except the participating fee and if they would've reached Top 10 TRM would give them all the money they spent....

MyHeartIsYours

well, it makes +/- 135.000 € :eek:
And I imagine that it increases over the years

That was in 2007 or 2008 I think, it's probably more like £200000/250000 for us now, if it's £100000 like Lucian says for everybody else. I think I remember it being £50000 for everyone else whenever it was published. They said that the United Kingdom paid more than the other countries of the Big 4 but I dont know whether that was media fabrication :lol:.
I remember cuz there were petitions on the government website saying we shouldnt pay this for Eurovision to try and save money :lol:. It's cheap though for the BBC, 11 million viewers is like finding a pot of gold for them. Imagine what it'd cost them to create a drama series that would only get like half the viewers. The BBC love Eurovision even though they pretend not to :mrgreen:.

Top Bottom