Contact us

Host city! - DUESSELDORF

ronny1988

Re: Host city!

Have anyone of you watched the German 'Bundesvision Song Contest 2010' ?? They have very good Bands and Artists in Germany. Don't know why they want to send Lena again to ESC. This was a good Song but i don't think she can come again to top10 at 2nd ESC!

Muireanne

Have anyone of you watched the German 'Bundesvision Song Contest 2010' ?? They have very good Bands and Artists in Germany. Don't know why they want to send Lena again to ESC. This was a good Song but i don't think she can come again to top10 at 2nd ESC!

Think it has more to do with economization to be honest. They had the festivities of 20 years "United Germany" this year + the organisation of the ESC in 2011, so organising a search for a candidate could be considered an extra cost not worth the efford. I don't think Germany is aiming a top-10 position next year anyway.

Anjeza

Think it has more to do with economization to be honest. They had the festivities of 20 years "United Germany" this year + the organisation of the ESC in 2011, so organising a search for a candidate could be considered an extra cost not worth the efford. I don't think Germany is aiming a top-10 position next year anyway.

I don't think, that it has to do with economy (or at least not that much), as the costs for the festivities you mentionned were mostly taken by the gouvernment whilst the costs of the ESC are beard by the ARD and the host city (which decreases the chances for Berlin - as the major says, we are poor - but still sexy :D).
I guess that the NDR is (for reasons I can't imagine) afraid to take back this decision. It's a pity, because from a show like the Bundesvision Song Contest you could easily develop a National Final, but only if every federal state takes this contest serious too... I felt so ashamed for the entry from Lower Saxony :oops:

But back to topic :lol:
@tassie: Like shar77 wrote, try to get a cheap flight to Frankfurt. From there you have direct connections to all 4 cities. I would also advice you to visit the offical homepage of the German railways (http://www.bahn.de) to book tickets there and try to get one of the offers they have from time to time.
For hotels you should either visit the homepages of the cities or homepages like http://www.hrs.com

AlekS

Veteran

Germany – German tabloid BILD reports today, that Düsseldorf has been chosen as the host of the Eurovision Song Contest 2011. This afternoon a secret meeting of the DFL (German Soccer League) will approve the moving of Düsseldorf’s soccer team Fortuna Düsseldorf to another stadium (Paul-Janes-Stadion) during the Eurovision period in May. The Esprit-Arena in Düsseldorf would thus be free for the preparations, rehearsals and shows of the Eurovision Song Contest 2011. The project manager of Fortuna, Sven Mühlenbeck, was in Frankfurt yesterday, to talk about the final plans with the DFL: The Paul-Janes Stadion will be enhanced for the games of the soccer team, from 71500 to 180000 places, which will cost 2,5 million euros. Furthermore, 800 square meters will be freed for mobile broadcast units.

According to the mayor of Düsseldorf Dirk Elbers, they are expecting 140 million euros of revenue due to the Eurovision Song Contest, which will cost about 25 million.

According to Bild, the presentation of the host city was delayed by the NDR, as they had to wait for the meeting of the DFL. Nothing has been confirmed officially, but all the signs point to Düsseldorf 2011.

http://eurovisiontimes.wordpress.co...f-will-host-the-eurovision-song-contest-2011/

imo, Build and especially eurovisiontimes can't be considered reliable sources.

on a side note: According to Derwesten.de, NDR plans to choose the host tomorrow

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Yeah, no official word yet so until they tell us it is Duesseldorf I am not going to believe it...

I mean c'mon it's BILD

tassie

Thank you to Shar77 and Anjeza for the info and advice, and AlekS for the heads up about Deusseldorf. I was looking at the Emirates flight into Deusseldorf anyway, but I hadn't thought about accommodation yet. Don't know why it hadn't occurred to me that other people would want to go, too!

Cheers

C.

Isabella

I haven't watched it, but I heard some songs. I really love the songs, especially "Schwarz zu blau" from Peter Fox and "Yasmine" from Ich&Ich. They really have great artists and it's indeed weird, they're sending Lena again.

MyHeartIsYours

eurovision.tv doesnt say anything yet but it has changed from the branding of Olso 2010 to Germany 2011 so I expect they will say something soon :cool:
Of course we all know it will be Dussledorf but I still would like it to be Berlin!

Isabella

I want Berlin too, but I'm sure Germans can organize great ESC, no matter is it Berlin, Dusseldorf or some other town ;)

MyHeartIsYours

There is always a much better atmosphere though imo in the capital city. Like in UK if Manchester hosted it, it would be amazing but it wouldnt have that special thing like London would!

Interrail

I don't want Düsseldorf either:/ Not that I think Düsseldorf would be bad host (it would be great I know), but I understand it like a message that ESC isn't important for Germany, so they can organize it in any smaller town, who cares, whatever).
Especially since Germany didn't win for such a long period and Berlin never hosted ESC, Eastern Germany didn't even compete, it would be perfect if they chosen Berlin (and I believe from visitors point of view cultural scene and night life is much better in Berlin then Düsseldorf).
Well at least from Belgrade there's direct flight to Düsseldorf, so some of my friends will go straight and easily, but I still hope Düsseldorf isn't official information.

AlekS

Veteran

I understand it like a message that Germany chose the best option out of all available. Infrastructure + available venues + money.

As for cost. Nobody cares about that because it's way too miserable comparing to the German budget or even cities budget and sponsors.

I want Berlin too, but I'm sure Germans can organize great ESC, no matter is it Berlin, Dusseldorf or some other town ;)
word.

goktengri

Banned

I want Berlin but Düsseldorf is good too :)

So i think we'll see so many Turkish, Greek flags in the show night :lol:

AlekS

Veteran

Total mess with the announcement date.
Deutsche Welle says that NDR will announce it today.
They also hinted that Düsseldorf will host ESC as Berlin suggested former Tempelhof Airport tent and it's been denied because of sucky acoustics and capacity.

ps. It's in all media here :D

Anjeza

:lol: You are understating with "Total mess"... Every newspaper I read today wrote the ESC will be in Düsseldorf (and all were refering to this one article by the WAZ) and only one (out of 5) wrote in the next sentence that this is not official yet as the NDR haven't said anything for the record yet. :rolleyes:

And eventhough we don't even know the venue yet some people already try to sell tickets for the ESC :shock:; I just found this article on the German eurovision site: http://eurovision.ndr.de/news/meldungen/tickets147.html I'm sorry that the article is in German, but it only says, that those who are offering tickets for ESC now are imposters as they are no authorized sellers with over-priced tickets although (attention!) no final decision about the venue hasn't been made yet

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Ugh, I know it's not official yet but Duesseldorf would suck!!! It sounds to me though that it is most likely going to be the case.

Worst option IMO out of those 4 cities that have applied. Who the heck knows Duesseldorf???

"Good evening Duesseldorf, this is Belgrade calling"....how stupid does that sound?

Top Bottom