Contact us

Host city! - DUESSELDORF

Muireanne

Do not agree... should have been Berlin (in ESC tradition... Berlin is the only capital never to host an ESC... how do you explain that! Oh yeah... the currency-flow...:mrgreen:)

Anyway... I do believe also Düsseldorf will make this ESC a feast... "Deutsche Gründlichkeit"... with Andorra gone, but Liechtenstein perhaps on the menu... great!

94ayd

Well, there's never been a ESC in, either Bern, or Ankara. Also it was Zagreb and not Belgrade in 1990 but that's cause the winners came for Croatia.

AlekS

Veteran
It's already known that the show won't be so "global" like in Moscow. The budget will be lower, approx. like in Oslo.

manialf

Düsseldorf will spent 9,3 million euro for Eurovision!
They want to organize parties, public.viewing e.t.c

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
From the 4th to the 14th May, the 6,300sqm facade of the Thyssen Hochhaus will be used to create the world’s largest television screen for the Eurovision Song Contest 2011.

The city-facing facade, which can be seen from as far as the Oberkassel and the Rhine bridges as well as the Downtown area, will bear the brunt of approximately 30 giant projectors for a number of live broadcasts, which may include the contest itself.

SOURCE

Quent91

I think they chose a western city in Germany to offer more possibilities for the western people to go to the contest, after several years in the eastern part of Europe.

IMO...

SierraSprings

The only reason they chose Düsseldorf was that they had the biggest stadion (which is also owned by the city)! Biggest stadion = high ticket sales...
It definitely should have been Berlin, this city has Eurovision written all over it. Believe me, Düsseldorf is not the most popular place in Germany! :p
But nevertheless Im sure NDR will offer Europe a great show and if Lena is really able to win that damn thing again, I hope they will finally honor Berlin with hosting the ESC 2012! :D

Michelangelo

The only reason they chose Düsseldorf was that they had the biggest stadion (which is also owned by the city)! Biggest stadion = high ticket sales...
It definitely should have been Berlin, this city has Eurovision written all over it. Believe me, Düsseldorf is not the most popular place in Germany! :p
But nevertheless Im sure NDR will offer Europe a great show and if Lena is really able to win that damn thing again, I hope they will finally honor Berlin with hosting the ESC 2012! :D

Yeah, I know what you mean. When Germany won last year it never crossed my mind that another city than Berlin would host it. But I'm sure Düsseldorf will do a wonderful job as well. The city isn't that important afterall. It's all about the music. Let's hope for Berlin the next time, whenever it will be.

Top Bottom