10 7.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Now, Tamta in her style would be an obvious choice to send after Marina Satti. This song is gorgeous.

Good Job Nicky, Leon of Athens would also be great. Hopefully, Greece is sticking to sending their indie talent.

lilka

Now, Tamta in her style would be an obvious choice to send after Marina Satti. This song is gorgeous.

Good Job Nicky, Leon of Athens would also be great. Hopefully, Greece is sticking to sending their indie talent.

Could be, but maybe we should wait for this year's Eurovision first and focus on supporting Marina. ;)

Paco Roca

I don't understand the hype about this less qualitative copy of Efendi's songs. It is difficult to represent it on stage vocally and choreographically. If we always have to hope that wild dancing, strobe lights and sexy poses will elevate the song we are admitting that there is little meat on the grill. I appreciate the genuineness of the singer, who compared to Efendi, is less pretentious but "Zari" will inevitably get lost in the chaos of 2024.

Flop. Rating :0:

lilka

By the way, do we already have an English translation of the lyrics? Because I was thinking of doing it.

AliceEsc

Hopefully its better than the last time the greek delegation kept going on about how their staging had never been done before lol
I wish they would keep their mouths shut, that would be "something that's never done before".
Greek media always try to create hype and we end up with a blue hand on screen or semi-invisible dancing men.

Ezio

Veteran
I found Greece so overrated and tacky in their prime time until 2013. It's only since then I am warming up to their entries, with this year's entry being their absolute best. But 2015 was also quite the stunner, wasn't it?

lilka

I found Greece so overrated and tacky in their prime time until 2013. It's only since then I am warming up to their entries, with this year's entry being their absolute best. But 2015 was also quite the stunner, wasn't it?
Excuse me, but what exactly do you mean by "until 2013"? :p

Ezio

Veteran

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
One shot, wow. Looks like they're taking one of the most ambitious-to-stage songs ever sent to Eurovision and adding an even more high-wire element to the high-wire act. Really rooting for it to work and excited to see how they swing it!

Shadowfuxcs

I'm not positive about the single-shot idea purely because of Focas. Novelty and dated effects over elegance and effectiveness.
I wouldn't be against this if it was coming from a competent, modern stage director, but with Focas it will probably be a purely executed gimmick.
Being negative only because I'm tired of Foca's dated uninspired stagings for the past 20 years. His style was perfect for the y2k, but since then he has delivered stagings such as Greece 2017, Azerbaijan, 2018, Spain 2019, Greece 2021, Moldova 2021, Greece 2023 (and low-key the staging for Greece 2022 was atrocious as well, the camera angles were not what they should have been for the chair effect to work)... The fact that he is being hired every single year by Greece only indicates how impartial and corrupt the broadcaster is.
Not to mention his consistent, shady associations with Kirkorov, Russia, and Azerbaijan.

Unless Greece moves on to new and modern stage directors, we will not win Eurovision.
And I'm being upset because this could be the year and he's capable to ruin it all with his gimmicks.

Citelis

I'm not positive about the single-shot idea purely because of Focas. Novelty and dated effects over elegance and effectiveness.
I wouldn't be against this if it was coming from a competent, modern stage director, but with Focas it will probably be a purely executed gimmick.
Being negative only because I'm tired of Foca's dated uninspired stagings for the past 20 years. His style was perfect for the y2k, but since then he has delivered stagings such as Greece 2017, Azerbaijan, 2018, Spain 2019, Greece 2021, Moldova 2021, Greece 2023 (and low-key the staging for Greece 2022 was atrocious as well, the camera angles were not what they should have been for the chair effect to work)... The fact that he is being hired every single year by Greece only indicates how impartial and corrupt the broadcaster is.
Not to mention his consistent, shady associations with Kirkorov, Russia, and Azerbaijan.

Unless Greece moves on to new and modern stage directors, we will not win Eurovision.
And I'm being upset because this could be the year and he's capable to ruin it all with his gimmicks.
What Greece 2023 has to do with Fokas?

ArmpitOfEurope

I just hope some of the parts of the song wont lose impact in the name of "doing something different".
In the " ti na thimitho - MARINA! " part for example, I would imagine a sudden camera shot from far away with her name on the backdrop or something. Now with just one shot from the beginning to end, there is a risk of people finding it a bit monotonous.
Im sure Fokas will find ways to keep it entertaining tho, maybe its gonna be a performance full of surprises, and thats why they thought of the one-shot trick, so the multiple cameras wont reveal the set up from the start. If thats the case, it can end up being highly memorable. But if its 3 minutes of just choreo with 1 shot I dont know.
Most of televoters dont even get technical things like that anyway, I didnt realise Netherlands 2015 was in one shot back then when I was watching it, it didnt make that much of a difference to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom