4 2.8%

10 7.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

mup

I do hope Greece will qualify, they put a lot of effort in this and Marina seems to have a lot of experience in singing and producing, which is good after last year, when Greece unsuccessfully sent an unexperienced young singer who had to face pressure and criticism.

On Marina's bio I can see she's an accomplished singer/songwriter/musician and producer who studied a lot and has plenty of titles and works to prove it: classical piano, vocal training, lyrical monody with honors, advanced classical studies, jazz composition, producing cultural events, releasing successful pop songs and building a repertoire ranging from traditional to contemporary. Having such trained artists who make their own music with their own identity is good for Eurovision. :)

AliceEsc

After sleeping on it, I love it even more than yesterday, if that is even possible. I can't predict the outcome until I see what the have in store for us for the live performance. It could go from bottom 5 to top 5, if they grab the audience's attention.

The expected negative critics in Greece are from the usual people and their expected comments.

youtube-video-gif-1.gif

han-g

Imagine thinking that this wont qualify in the 2nd semi, over songs like Malta, Denmark, Czechia, Latvia and San Marino, and with televoters only deciding the result 🤪
6 songs need to nq and casuals and fans don't 100% agree, I've only got Malta and San Marino as likely out with the others you mention being I lean out but wouldn't be surprised if they qualify and Greece being lean in but I wouldn't be surprised to see it nq

ArmpitOfEurope

6 songs need to nq and casuals and fans don't 100% agree, I've only got Malta and San Marino as likely out with the others you mention being I lean out but wouldn't be surprised if they qualify and Greece being lean in but I wouldn't be surprised to see it nq

Well lets have this talk when we see this staged, its too soon. With Fokas Evaggelinos and Rosalia's choreographer, can it really go that wrong? The thing that worries me is how juries will see this, but in a semi where televoters only vote? It will sail through, especially if they bring ethnic and comical elements into the performance too. Cant see how televoters would snob this for bland and flat entries in english.

• Like It
Reactions: Jim

mercachita

I absolutely loved it! Every part of the song gives me something unexpected, and everything makes so much sense in the end. Greece is finally sending a song that I enjoy a lot and after 14 years they can be on my top 3 until May!!

:12: pts without any doubt

han-g

Well lets have this talk when we see this staged, its too soon. With Fokas Evaggelinos and Rosalia's choreographer, can it really go that wrong? The thing that worries me is how juries will see this, but in a semi where televoters only vote? It will sail through, especially if they bring ethnic and comical elements into the performance too. Cant see how televoters would snob this for bland and flat entries in english.
As I said I lean q which means I will move it when I have more info, but bland flat entries can stand out this year as there's plenty of crazy and I've learnt not to trust what I see on paper. If Belgium weren't her I'd be 100% certain either Denmark or Latvia would qualify and I still think there's every chance that one of them will.

ArmpitOfEurope

As I said I lean q which means I will move it when I have more info, but bland flat entries can stand out this year as there's plenty of crazy and I've learnt not to trust what I see on paper. If Belgium weren't her I'd be 100% certain either Denmark or Latvia would qualify and I still think there's every chance that one of them will.

Denmark feels like a semi last placer and Don is just not televote friendly, theres no way one of those does better than Marina with the televoters

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Okay, you got me, 8 --> 12, the outro is inspired, also one of the best and most effective music videos in Eurovision history

leslie-jordan-leslie.gif

Ezio

Veteran
Very good song. Very welcome change of pace compared to the rest, wild boys, fierce girls, hard beats and nonsense. Finally something I really care about. But knowing how Eurovision works nowadays, it could pull a Telemovéis.

This song is way too good for Eurovision.

Fluke

Whoa, that was COMPLETELY out of nowhere.... really didn't expect this turn for Greece. I'll definitely have to listen to this more times to be sure, but i like it, that's for sure, even if it's a bit messy and almost amateurish sounding. It's kinda like "Toy" or "Igranka" bordering on "Euro Neuro" territory.

It's about time, both that Greek abandons their safe mainstream pop, and sends a really ethnic entry. This really plays up the "eastern" aspect of Greek culture. Which could also be interpreted as a pro-Palestinian political statement, even if Israelis also claim some of it to be "theirs", it's probably going to be percieved as more Middle Eastern to most. And it's sure to appeal to those minorities all over Europe, even if the song might be a bit inaccessible, not to mention the language, i think it will get enough votes for that reason, still.

Really curious what they got in mind for the performance, i imagine the final bit with the two dancers by her side is something they intend to include in the staging, but i wonder if it's going to be straightforward or have some crazy narrative, theatrical/prop-filled concept, if she's going to look like in the video or some unusual, special outfit... what a crazy year this is gonna be!

SpiritofKeiino

I quite like the song.

Well that video was certainly not what I was expecting.

I have a soft spot for Athens and Greece more generally, so I liked the video.

marty

With a good staging this could be alright. But I dont think this can reach the top 10.

CC92

I like it. A little afraid though it might suffer the same fate as Utopian land which had a similar amateurish feel to it.

ArmpitOfEurope

I like it. A little afraid though it might suffer the same fate as Utopian land which had a similar amateurish feel to it.

Not Argo 😭
She literally has Loreen's choreographer, pretty confident what we will see wont be amateurish.

Top Bottom