12 8.2%

11 7.5%

17 11.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Chalphon

I feel bad for Germany. They didn't deserve last spot this year.

Also too bad that 2020 was cancelled because I think Germany would have had a top ten spot with violent thing which would have made their track reccor dthe last decade a wee bit better at least.

GermanBango

I feel bad for Germany. They didn't deserve last spot this year.

Also too bad that 2020 was cancelled because I think Germany would have had a top ten spot with violent thing which would have made their track reccor dthe last decade a wee bit better at least.
Ben was, with all due respect, terrible live. So we would have probably bombed in 2020 as well.
We are basically a hopeless case at this point haha.

crashworld

Veteran
It's time for a redemption arc, they should get all the Germany's bottom 5 artists from recent years to form a super group with a song composed & produced by LOTL.

1. Ann Sophie
2. Jamie-Lee
3. Levina
4. Any half of S!sters
5. Jendrik
6. Malik Harris

Or they can just wheel out Michael Schulte again. Hehe.

GermanBango

It's time for a redemption arc, they should get all the Germany's bottom 5 artists from recent years to form a super group with a song composed & produced by LOTL.

1. Ann Sophie
2. Jamie-Lee
3. Levina
4. Any half of S!sters
5. Jendrik
6. Malik Harris

Or they can just wheel out Michael Schulte again. Hehe.
Don’t give the NDR ideas. :ROFLMAO:

Chalphon

The NDR has officially announced that Germany will participate next year, too. It's not a surprise but still good that they said it after all the talks about withdrawing.

I seriously doubt any talk about Germany withdrawing is serious. ESC is way too popular in Germany. Besides, the tides are going to turn eventualy.

Jay25

I don't know what to do for the next year. "Our" taste of music might just be too dull for the rest of Europe.

SpiritofKeiino

Another Turkish-German themed act might be nice, I enjoyed the 1999 entry. It might appeal to the televote as currently we have no Turkey in the competition (assuming they don't return next year).

A dance music entry maybe? Not sure - dance acts don't always do well at Eurovision. Cascada didn't make any great impact when they represented Germany.

In a country of over 80 million people (truly any time I visit Germany it feels like I'm bang in the heart of Europe with the level of footfall and the size of cities and industry and Germany's influence on Europe), it surely must be possible to find a good song and singer that can do well.

Chalphon

My wet dream would be if Germany sent Gentleman with an up-tempo reggae smash. Don't think he would be up for it though...

Here's a taste if you are not familiar:

...and then Sweden can counter by sending Kaliffa singing in Swedish!

Andromache

Another turkish singer that I like who was also born in Germany and grew up here is Atiye. She had a hit with "Ya Habibi". When it comes to german singers I would really like Elif. She would need something stronger tho because her music is very german and maybe too "boring" for Eurovision.

ESC94

Another turkish singer that I like who was also born in Germany and grew up here is Atiye. She had a hit with "Ya Habibi". When it comes to german singers I would really like Elif. She would need something stronger tho because her music is very german and maybe too "boring" for Eurovision.

None of her songs would do well at ESC if you ask me.

Andromache

None of her songs would do well at ESC if you ask me.
I agree but I think that she is a really good singer and performer. When it comes to the music I wouldn't mind if the NDR would seek some help from another country like Sweden, Norway, Finland etc.

Top Bottom