6 2.9%

8 3.8%

20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

GermanBango

Well, I just hope this is a wake-up call for NDR. The delegation was apparently very surprised we failed and said that openly, which surprised me because they never said it that way in the past years. Conclusion: they always knew we would suck, apart from this year when they obviously thought let’s just send a band people want and everything will be fine. Only to realize this isn’t enough either. Laughing at their reaction. What were they thinking? It’s a no-brainer? Well, sorry to disappoint you NDR, but that’s not how it works.

Imho, the only thing that is necessary is to build hype for Eurovision. We need a big show in our first programme (ARD), like Silbereisen‘s Schlagershow only with contemporary music acts. Have a charismatic showmaster. Have a nice studio with a nice stage, nice LEDs and nice props. Don’t act as if you don’t care! We get it, you make enough money with Eurovision no matter how bad we are… but wait until the older generations are gone… you will lose people watching.
Feels like we’re collectively hoping for that every damn year haha.

shameless

Imho, the only thing that is necessary is to build hype for Eurovision. We need a big show in our first programme (ARD), like Silbereisen‘s Schlagershow only with contemporary music acts. Have a charismatic showmaster. Have a nice studio with a nice stage, nice LEDs and nice props. Don’t act as if you don’t care! We get it, you make enough money with Eurovision no matter how bad we are… but wait until the older generations are gone… you will lose people watching.
That's already a contradiction. :D German public tv primetime has so much of a stigma to only be for old people that it really needs some big push to have the attention outside of the ESC bubble to make it attratictive again. I know that in the early 00s the NF was a big rating success and we also had honorable results (partly). And then there was the collaboration with ProSieben of course. After that our resume has been damaged so much (as did the change of viewer habbits) that it will be very difficult to come back to these days. A lot of people would say that Barbara Schöneberger is already what you describe as a host. The problem is really starting with what kind of artists are selected to perform.

ESC94

Detailed LOTL televote results

Austria 5th
Finland 6th
Switzerland 7th
----------------------
Australia 11th
Romania 11th
Czechia 12th
Latvia 12th
Poland 13th
France 14th
Italy 14th
Spain 14th
Lithuania 15th
Ukraine 15th
United Kingdom 15th
Georgia 16th
Greece 16th
Iceland 16th
Malta 16th
Poland 16th
Armenia 17th
Croatia 17th
Estonia 17th
Israel 17th
Netherlands 17th
Norway 17th
Serbia 17th
Azerbaijan 18th
Cyprus 18th
Slovenia 18th
Ireland 19th
Denmark 20th
Moldova 20th
San Marino 20th
Sweden 20th
Albania 22nd
Belgium 23rd

Actually :de: was on #18 in the televote of :is:.

Storm

Actually :de: was on #18 in the televote of :is:.

Yeah they had an error on the Iceland site before, they mistakenly put the ROTW televote there (which I had not noticed yet when I posted the list), but seems like they fixed it now, thanks!

Semra

As an outsider looking in my two favorites were "The girl in the fields" (Russo) - She gave me some Armenia vibes (different, but both songs mysterious and dreamy) and could sing... and I liked the song that withdrew. The German language sounds so beautiful in more artsy kind of songs. It took me back to the old days and felt cinematic.

Both songs lacked that extra 'something'. But none of them would've come last. I'm sure of it. I don't think it's that complicated to find the right balance for Germany. You already had at least some mid table result songs in your NF. I just hope the public will vote less extreme next time. Icke and LOTL were probably a little too much... and the songs I mentioned were different enough to stand out from what you normally send (too safe and radio friendly).

Last edited:

LMLandLoreenfan

Will Church already stated that he wants to apply again and did already have contact to some people from NDR.....
He said that they are going to change the voting System again. If that was our problem.....
We are really lost. Things will go in a better direction with our broadcaster.

Mainshow

Veteran
It's frustrating to see the voting system/NF change every year!
Usually, it's not about improvement.. it's like they stick to almost the same formula (when it comes to choosing songs/artists) but just adjust tiny levers from time to time regarding the voting.

NDR, just stick to a NF concept, let it naturally evolve into something more meaningful.

LMLandLoreenfan

It's frustrating to see the voting system/NF change every year!
Usually, it's not about improvement.. it's like they stick to almost the same formula (when it comes to choosing songs/artists) but just adjust tiny levers from time to time regarding the voting.

NDR, just stick to a NF concept, let it naturally evolve into something more meaningful.

They are completely clueless and don't have a strategy. Will Church said that it's about the song and not the staging. NDR will eat this opinion haha. It's just such a shame...

Sammy

Veteran
I mean come on Germany: Switzerland and (this year) Austria have shown you how to do it: get an international panel of Eurovision-fans to help you. EVEN if it contains William from Wiwibloggs (just avoid Deban, he‘s like a compassneedle than constantly points south). No need for a voting change no need for new rules and first and foremost: no need for Will Church. If you are really that desperate at least ask Aly Ryan. :ROFLMAO:

heke1988

I don't know, if NDR or Lord of the Lost marketed and branded their song and themselves in any way. But it is a big part to success in Eurovision, which YLE has finally realized in 2020s.

12Points

The song was too segmented and kinda old-fashioned? idk.
But they gave their all with cool staging, respect. One of the best last places of Eurovision.

nudiecrudi

I mean come on Germany: Switzerland and (this year) Austria have shown you how to do it: get an international panel of Eurovision-fans to help you. EVEN if it contains William from Wiwibloggs (just avoid Deban, he‘s like a compassneedle than constantly points south). No need for a voting change no need for new rules and first and foremost: no need for Will Church. If you are really that desperate at least ask Aly Ryan. :ROFLMAO:
Please no international jury, wiwibloggers or all those mostly stupid and superficial so-called YT experts.
The songs should be judged by German people, experts, musicians journalists producers, critics etc. Do not imitate what other countries are doing. Be yourself.

shameless

Will Church already stated that he wants to apply again and did already have contact to some people from NDR.....
He said that they are going to change the voting System again. If that was our problem.....
We are really lost. Things will go in a better direction with our broadcaster.
Church and all the other choices were even more average than Blood & Glitter. I think this year (and last year also) we would've gotten last with whomever we would've chosen (except for Ikke maybe I prefer last than sending some trash like that LOL).

LMLandLoreenfan

Church and all the other choices were even more average than Blood & Glitter. I think this year (and last year also) we would've gotten last with whomever we would've chosen (except for Ikke maybe I prefer last than sending some trash like that LOL).

The main problem is not even that our songs are average...Many songs this year were quite mid table. To me the whole package including performance, song AND most important Staging just isn't consistent, or better said non-existent.

Ezio

Veteran
The song was too segmented and kinda old-fashioned? idk.
But they gave their all with cool staging, respect. One of the best last places of Eurovision.
I guess you have a point. It was one of my original objections, besides the heavy Prussian accent, that this sounds like a Rammstein album reject of 1997.

Ausar Vandermark

I enjoyed LOTL and they deserved better than what they got. At our NF they certainly where one of the candidates that stood out the most.

I was surprised they didn't get a better result in the televote, considering that I saw some youtubers advertise them to their fans prior to the contest. But given that the genre is more niche than others and there might have been an overlap with some other titles in the run (pretty much everyone in my circle of friends that likes LOTL's genre also enjoys what Finland did for example) it could explain that this support didn't manifest in actual points.

Top Bottom