8 3.8%

20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

lasse braun

hi there!
at the moment we need a lot of xpopcorn for all this tiktokmania - tons of songs makes it very difficult to find the right one.
as german i prefer music quality over a good place in the final.
a song which makes me proud - last time i had this feeling with lilly among the clouds. xqueenbitch

Mainshow

Veteran
both countrys have a lot of redheads.xcheer
Fun fact: The Romans have described "Germanic people" as "red-haired people" and even though it´s still super rare - German people with red hair from the north-western regions make up to 5% of the population (I´m not quite sure about the numbers in Scotland or Ireland.. but isn´t it like 10%?) - Thus, I think that Gurdy would be a great match to represent (red-haired) Germany ;)
(+ look at Michael Schulte.... our one and only left-table results for Germany in the last decade was contributed by a red-haired singer - (even Top 5!!!!)).

NDR, scrap your shitty national final and let Gurdy sing!!!!!!!!

lasse braun

Full song from Jennifer Siemann:

nice song.
A: do we have a new favorite?
B: do we have one favorite more?
C: not my cup of (musical) tea.
D: hmmm
i take the D.
xcookie

mauve

Veteran
nice song.
A: do we have a new favorite?
B: do we have one favorite more?
C: not my cup of (musical) tea.
D: hmmm
i take the D.
xcookie
The song is among my top 5 from the ones I heard so far, but I don't like the ending of the song very much. But still better than many other songs I heard! ;)

Mainshow

Veteran
Artists such as Katja Moslehner (former member of Faun) and Subway To Sally shared Gurdy´s song on their socials and asked their fans to vote for her on TikTok ;)

Bobjan FR

I'm not sure if i understood, will the winner of this wildcar be the one with the most likes/views/reposts, or one picked internally by ndr, or there will be a final for some tiktokers appliants like the wildcard of 2014/2015 ?

mauve

Veteran
I'm not sure if i understood, will the winner of this wildcar be the one with the most likes/views/reposts, or one picked internally by ndr, or there will be a final for some tiktokers appliants like the wildcard of 2014/2015 ?
As I understood it the act for the wildcard with the most public votes will win and will take a place in the NF. Please correct me (anyone!) if I am not correct. But many acts that are on tiktok now (yesterday the application ended btw) also applied the normal way, so that they have double chances.

simori95

As I understood it, NDR will choose the song themselves, irrespective of the likes, but I don’t think they would choose a song that has, say, 55 likes compared to one with over 30,000. So they will go for one that has gotten at least some recognition by the users.

mauve

Veteran
As I understood it, NDR will choose the song themselves, irrespective of the likes, but I don’t think they would choose a song that has, say, 55 likes compared to one with over 30,000. So they will go for one that has gotten at least some recognition by the users.
Okay... and I thought the public can vote ... well, why is NDR doing this tiktok thing at all when we can't vote? Maybe to let us know what songs we lost afterwards? :LOL:

Franzilein

(well, IF NDR doesn't "verkacken" it ... :rolleyes:)

:ROFLMAO: I lost all hope this year after being pretty defensive of our broadcaster the years before – since we often had no clue who was in contention. But having open access to at least some of the applicants is a huge feat, we can actually see how our delegation operates and picks our contestants. So criticising them is actually fairly easy in comparison.

Bobjan FR

Ok ok, thank you for your answers.

And thank you for all the songs you shared, it helped me to publish this article : https://eurovision-quotidien.com/allemagne-2023-des-tiktok-pour-une-wildcard/

And I must show you this tiktok that i found by myself :

:ROFLMAO:

Oh, and if they were taking just the song with the most likes on TikTok, this would be the winner.... but the song is 2 minutes long.

Top Bottom