8 3.8%

20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

mauve

Veteran
Hey I don't only like ballads :lol: I don't really mind any genre but yeah it's true that I prefer ballads xD

Like every year I expect a lot from Germany, since I tend to like your entries a lot
I know that you are not just about ballads, but funny that's the first thing that comes to my mind when thinking of you! ;)

but sadly I doubt the German audience will vote for a song like this in a NF....
Yes - German audience actually sucks. That's a fact and I doubt it will change for the next years as long as NDR's audience is 50+. :cry:

mauve

Veteran
Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
Sort of "new" infos:

Will translate (by translator) important passages:

Stefan has been working for NDR for a few weeks now. Here he is currently busy, together with other responsible persons, with the inspection of the first submitted contributions. In the meantime, more than 250 songs have already been received via the official application platform. As already reported, record companies have also been contacted and have a positive attitude towards the ESC, also due to this year's radio success of some songs. Here Stefan revealed yesterday that "even big names" are not averse to thinking about the subject of ESC. To what extent these acts then also want to make a preliminary decision cannot be said at the moment.

In addition, there are already many submissions on TikTok that will be evaluated further in the next few weeks and that we will also be examining more closely in an initial overview on ESC compact. A starting place for the German final should then go to an act that has registered via the platform. When asked, however, Stefan did not believe that the latter, like Elaiza in 2014, would automatically win as a "wildcard" and referred to the 9th place of TikTok applicant Erica Padilla ("To The Bottom") at this year's Australian preliminary decision "Eurovision 2022 - Australia Decides".

In a second step, all those responsible for NDR and Bildergarten should be forwarded to “experts from the music industry” in a first round. It is not clear who exactly this is about. You don't want to specify how many songs will still be in the running at this point. The same applies to the final number of preliminary decision participants, but probably more than 7 and no more than 10. Stefan Leidner has also confirmed again that Electric Callboy does not want to apply for the ESC again in 2023.

Nothing has yet been finally decided on the city hosting the German preliminary round 2023. However, Stefan revealed that five cities are in the running. "Our song for Liverpool" could therefore take place in Leipzig, Berlin, Cologne or Munich. Different moderators are currently being discussed. Who ultimately leads through the show will also depend on when exactly it takes place.

In addition, Stefan Lindner revealed a small detail yesterday that met with immediate approval: The online voting, which will also be managed by the ARD pop radio stations next year, should be announced in a bundle or included directly in the televoting. We will therefore not expect to see the individual broadcaster votings unpacked again – as in 2022. Whether there will also be an international jury has not yet been decided.

Mainshow

Veteran
Sort of "new" infos:

Will translate (by translator) important passages:

Stefan has been working for NDR for a few weeks now. Here he is currently busy, together with other responsible persons, with the inspection of the first submitted contributions. In the meantime, more than 250 songs have already been received via the official application platform. As already reported, record companies have also been contacted and have a positive attitude towards the ESC, also due to this year's radio success of some songs. Here Stefan revealed yesterday that "even big names" are not averse to thinking about the subject of ESC. To what extent these acts then also want to make a preliminary decision cannot be said at the moment.

In addition, there are already many submissions on TikTok that will be evaluated further in the next few weeks and that we will also be examining more closely in an initial overview on ESC compact. A starting place for the German final should then go to an act that has registered via the platform. When asked, however, Stefan did not believe that the latter, like Elaiza in 2014, would automatically win as a "wildcard" and referred to the 9th place of TikTok applicant Erica Padilla ("To The Bottom") at this year's Australian preliminary decision "Eurovision 2022 - Australia Decides".

In a second step, all those responsible for NDR and Bildergarten should be forwarded to “experts from the music industry” in a first round. It is not clear who exactly this is about. You don't want to specify how many songs will still be in the running at this point. The same applies to the final number of preliminary decision participants, but probably more than 7 and no more than 10. Stefan Leidner has also confirmed again that Electric Callboy does not want to apply for the ESC again in 2023.

Nothing has yet been finally decided on the city hosting the German preliminary round 2023. However, Stefan revealed that five cities are in the running. "Our song for Liverpool" could therefore take place in Leipzig, Berlin, Cologne or Munich. Different moderators are currently being discussed. Who ultimately leads through the show will also depend on when exactly it takes place.

In addition, Stefan Lindner revealed a small detail yesterday that met with immediate approval: The online voting, which will also be managed by the ARD pop radio stations next year, should be announced in a bundle or included directly in the televoting. We will therefore not expect to see the individual broadcaster votings unpacked again – as in 2022. Whether there will also be an international jury has not yet been decided.

No radio voting again? - That´s a minor step in the right direction. That horrible system will probably make a comeback in a few years, though.

Wildcards, the voting ain´t the problem - people in charge are and since they didn´t change anything (regarding the radio bosses, juries), I don´t think that much will change, I´m afraid.

Btw, the German head of delegation has been promoted: After finishing last twice in the row (last place in televoting in 2021, last place overall in 2022) and giving us Ben Dolic´s non-existing live vocals in 2020, Alexandra Wolfslast is now part of the EBU.
Can you imagine.... if any fails 3 times in a row or even works like that, they would face some conesquences... but not the people in charge of the German preselection... and that´s the problem: They have no effing clue, do whatever they want, get utterly bad results but they still celebrate themselves and do it all over again.

Jay25

All applications being filtered by the NDR officials, and afterwards being filtered by "experts" doesn't make me feel very optimistic.

mauve

Veteran
This is kinda bad but so much better than anything we´ve sent for half a decade.
Absolutely! At least it is "bold" and "provoking" and especially NOT radio-friendly. :LOL:

Regarding the process, I don't feel very optimistic at all, some people say that Stefan Leitner is a part of the team now is a positive sign as he is enthusiastic about ESC. But then again NDR is still in charge and I doubt much will happen. Let's not talk about the German NDR-audience. :rolleyes:

ESC94

HarryUK

Veteran
If Germany were to ever enter with a Berghain inspired performance (like Hatari) then you'd probably romp home - at least with the televote. Whyyyyy must you send drab songs - change your format and send some metal, techno or a mix of both!! It's what you're known and widely respected for!!

ESC94

If Germany were to ever enter with a Berghain inspired performance (like Hatari) then you'd probably romp home - at least with the televote. Whyyyyy must you send drab songs - change your format and send some metal, techno or a mix of both!! It's what you're known and widely respected for!!

Because songs like this would never get chosen by :de: viewers.

simori95

You want a comment?? Here you have it: xpuke
I certainly share your sentiment about Ikke‘s song. That said, we wanted diversity and ai think NDR should give him a shot. And then I certainly hope that the average ARD viewership kicks him out

ESC94

I certainly share your sentiment about Ikke‘s song. That said, we wanted diversity and ai think NDR should give him a shot. And then I certainly hope that the average ARD viewership kicks him out

Diversity is possible without Ballermann crap and I don´t trust the ARD viewership anymore after their many failed decisions in the past few years. :(

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
Ikke Hüftgold is once again trying:

You want a comment?? Here you have it: xpuke
Oh god no. Thank you. This is the kind of song that I REALLY hate. (I also hate "Layla" - terrible song, but friends of mine love it ...)

Diversity is possible without Ballermann crap and I don´t trust the ARD viewership anymore after their many failed decisions in the past few year. :(
Exactly. I can see them votin for Ikke. For me, it would be the most ashaming entry since ... well, since ever.

ESC94

Oh god no. Thank you. This is the kind of song that I REALLY hate. (I also hate "Layla" - terrible song, but friends of mine love it ...)

Exactly. I can see them votin for Ikke. For me, it would be the most ashaming entry since ... well, since ever.

I don´t know if I´d like to have friends who like this crap. xscared

mauve

Veteran
I don´t know if I´d like to have friends who like this crap. xscared
Actually two female nurses who care about my mom here. ;) They are really sweet persons, but when they start to sing "Layla", I want to bury my head deep into my duvet.

ESC94

Actually two female nurses who care about my mom here. ;) They are really sweet persons, but when they start to sing "Layla", I want to bury my head deep into my duvet.

And they sing that while taking care of your mum?? Isn´t this considered a crime against humanity?? :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom