(We used to be the rockstars)

Remembering gets so hard
When time is moving so fast
Wish there was a way to know that we're in
The good old days before we all just leave 'em​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
There will be more information concerning the Vorentscheid this week. At least that's what this site says:

Alina Stiegler wäre zweifelsohne der/die Moderator/in

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Seriously, can we just stop turning the German language into a f*cking joke? Alina is definitely a woman...

Apart from that, I am really glad that we are about to get new information about our national final.
It´s about time, though, I mean.. there are less than 2 months left before EBU´s deadline.

I bims

Veteran
There will be more information concerning the Vorentscheid this week. At least that's what this site says:

I hope they finally announce the contestants and release their songs as well. I'm just tired of always waiting for months.
They seem to think after always pushing out garbage, that we're sitting here totally excited for the next turd to be delivered and that the ratings will improve after little to no marketing.

The bar is so damn low, do yourself a favor, release the songs early (they better be decent) and let the artists go out and do some proper promotion, NDR. You can't do shit, so at least give them the chance to do the work.

The hype around "Pump it" only died down because you forced EC to shut up about further details. Imagine having hype surrounding a potential german ESC entry after years of failure and then you ruin it like this. The incompetence is just too much at this point.

Last edited:

Franzilein

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Seriously, can we just stop turning the German language into a f*cking joke? Alina is definitely a woman...

Apart from that, I am really glad that we are about to get new information about our national final.
It´s about time, though, I mean.. there are less than 2 months left before EBU´s deadline.

Preach.

Mainshow

Veteran
Short summary:

944 submissions.

The jury consisted of Alexandra Wolfslast (Head of Delegation) as well a employees of the following radio stations: Antenne Brandenburg, BAYERN 3, Bremen Vier, hr3, MDR Jump, NDR 2, SR 1, SWR3 and WDR 2.

Online voting starts on Monday, 28th February. Such polls can be found on all 9 Web pages of these radio stations.

Barbara Schöneberger will host the national final again.

The national final will take place on Friday, 4th March at 8:15 pm.

mauve

Veteran
Oh come on, not Barbara again!!:sick:
Yesterday there was a rumor that maybe Alina would do it / or together with Barbara ... but doesn't seem so. So this year I will watch the official program again, not the German. I am not too much of a Barbara-Fan ...

Mainshow

Veteran
Yesterday there was a rumor that maybe Alina would do it / or together with Barbara ... but doesn't seem so. So this year I will watch the official program again, not the German. I am not too much of a Barbara-Fan ...
The last German preselection programme I watched was back in 2016.
If the songs don't convince me, I'll probably just cast my votes as part of the online voting, skip the 4 hrs live show and call it a day.

mauve

Veteran
The last German preselection programme I watched was back in 2016.
If the songs don't convince me, I'll probably just cast my votes as part of the online voting, skip the 4 hrs live show and call it a day.
I usually watched it because there were always 1-2 songs I loved (I was really disappointed when "Surprise" didn't win :(). But it is a pain watching Barbara. How long do we have to wait to see someone else moderating it?

ESC94

I´m very sceptical about the online voting to be honest since you´re voting for audios and music videos in this case without knowing if the song is actually good in a live performance. xthink

About Barbara I only say one more thing: There´s a reason why you have the mute function on your remote control. :lol:

@mauve

What do you mean with "official program"??

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Seriously, I just hope we will getI´m very sceptical about the online voting to be honest since you´re voting for audios and music videos in this case without knowing if the song is actually good in a live performance. xthink
About Barbara I only say one more thing: There´s a reason why you have the mute function on your remote control. :lol:

@mauve

What do you mean with "official program"??

Accroding to the official post by eurovision.de which I posted in this thread, the online voting will be based on previously taped "online performances" - Thus, I guess that we will have a very "Czech national final" regarding the online voting.

I bims

Veteran
They made it extra easy for Eskimo Callboy to win?!
No Jury that could rate them low and push a bad ballad? Check. Long Online-Vote that gives popular acts with a dedicated fanbase a huge advantage? Check.
I'm not mad about it, I want EC to represent us. But at this point they could just pick them internally and call it a day. It's exhausting to wait 2 months just for a confirmation. The amount of promotion they could already be doing right now... so much wasted time.

And my god why Barbara again? Eurovision has a big LGBT-audience, why pick the "men shouldn't wear makeup" - fool that only wine-moms like? They are so clueless it HURTS...

Guys I'm so pessimistic about this, it's not even funny.

Mainshow

Veteran
They made it extra easy for Eskimo Callboy to win?!
No Jury that could rate them low and push a bad ballad? Check. Long Online-Vote that gives popular acts with a dedicated fanbase a huge advantage? Check.
I'm not mad about it, I want EC to represent us. But at this point they could just pick them internally and call it a day. It's exhausting to wait 2 months just for a confirmation. The amount of promotion they could already be doing right now... so much wasted time.

And my god why Barbara again? Eurovision has a big LGBT-audience, why pick the "men shouldn't wear makeup" - fool that only wine-moms like? They are so clueless it HURTS...

Guys I'm so pessimistic about this, it's not even funny.

We saw the likes of well-established acts such as Santiano, Unheilig, Faun, Avantasia, Scooter competing in national finals with 100% Televoting (if I recall it correctly) - all of them having toured/still touring around Europe with huge fan bases and yet, it only took them a generic mid-tempo pop song performed by a former talent show and writtend by some C-list songwriters from Scandinavia or America to fail.

Seriously, I can still see Eskimo Callboy lose IF they are selected and have to compete against former The Voice contestants.

Top Bottom