I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel

Sorry

I really don't care (ah, ah-ah) that you want to bash me (ah-ah, ah-ah)
Do it with flair and I'll let you be (I'll let you be common Eileen)
But don't you dare (don't you dare), mmm, to get angry (to get angry)
When you realize those words just don't hit me
What?

'Cause I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find anothеr way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wigglе with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel hate

Sorry

I really don't mind (ah, ah-ah) to be your rival (ah-ah, ah-ah)
'Cause for your kind it's essential for survival (say what? He did not just say that)
Yes, I did (yes, I did), and I feel sorry (so sorry)
I don't feel hate, that's the whole point of this song (that's the song)
I guess you need patronization as some kind of validation
You won't cope with the frustration that your random me-fixation
Is another affirmation that you're just a hateful person
Who's not really better than me

Tap break, uh

I don't feel hate (don't feel hate)
I just feel sorry (I just feel sorry)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (wear me down)
Meine Damen und Herren
But I don't feel hate (no, no, no)
Das war's mit "I Don't Feel Hate"
I just feel sorry (just feel sorry)
Ich hoffe, Sie haben noch ein derbe nices Leben, und bis bald
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel hate (no, no, no, no)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (don't wear me down)
But I don't feel hate (I don't feel hate)
So you can wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel​

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindon

An Austrian newspaper jokingly lists which German singers they do not want to see on the Eurovision stage.

1. Helene Fischer: Because one jag of her Schlager-crown would break up and fall if sensitive Helene wouldn't win.

2. Florian Silbereisen: Because the entire crown would fall off of the previous singer's head if her ex would win.

3. Xavier Naidoo: Because although he has a very velvety singing voice, you never know what other strange behaviorally original statements will come out of his mouth.

mauve

Veteran
An Austrian newspaper jokingly lists which German singers they do not want to see on the Eurovision stage.

1. Helene Fischer: Because one jag of her Schlager-crown would break up and fall if sensitive Helene wouldn't win.

2. Florian Silbereisen: Because the entire crown would fall off of the previous singer's head if her ex would win.

3. Xavier Naidoo: Because although he has a very velvety singing voice, you never know what other strange behaviorally original statements will come out of his mouth.

:mrgreen: Guess that's more than true. I don't like any of the three at all. If this nightmare should ever come true, I will list Germany at the bottom of my list and kiss Germany goodbye.

Mainshow

Veteran

This is why I hate the German attitude towards Eurovision. It's like well-established artists HAVE to win. They can't think of 41 other countries being perfectly capable of submitting great entries as well.

Personally, I don't see the problem of a Helene Fischer taking part and finishing #10 for example.

I still remember how my peers at school were "happy" about Lena "flopping so hard" in 2011. She ended up being #10, that's not a flop. Aargh!

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
This is why I hate the German attitude towards Eurovision. It's like well-established artists HAVE to win. They can't think of 41 other countries being perfectly capable of submitting great entries as well.

Personally, I don't see the problem of a Helene Fischer taking part and finishing #10 for example.

I still remember how my peers at school were "happy" about Lena "flopping so hard" in 2011. She ended up being #10, that's not a flop. Aargh!

This is why I would make Eurovision a non-competitive show, just like ABU TV Song Festival.

Mainshow

Veteran
I think it's not just Germany. Most of people in Bosnia expected to win in 2011 just because Dino Merlin is our superstar with people saying stuff like "if he doesn't bring Eurovision to Sarajevo no one will", and then called it a flop when he finished SIXTH. I-

It is such a bad attitude and makes it impossible to see what moves were really wrong while choosing an entry.

Didn't know this was the case with Dino as well. I think he did perform very well on the scoreboard.
I can understand that countries want to achieve the best result possible but it's a wrong attitude to think that ONE has to win - otherwise, Eurovision is rigged or anything. Eurovision should bring Europe together but it always shows how we - as a continent - are a bunch of ignorant and racist folks thinking that our nation is the best. - Instead of being proud of finishing Top 10 among 40+ countries, we still tend to think that the other countries don't deserve it, etc. It's a toxic way of thinking and I hate it, tbh.

I didn't really like "Proud" but I was deliriously happy for North Macedonia finishing #7 last year - Of course, it's a competition but we should acknowledge different cultures, achievements and performances way more, in general.
However, I think that the media and general public's narratives shape a wrong and toxic picture of the contest and putting unnecessary pressure on the artists. I mean, even Kristian from Bulgaria 2017 had the impression he "failed" whilst ending up #2 achieving the best result for his country ever.

That said, I think that the attitudes in Germany and the UK, for example, is way worse, though - since we do not have to compete in the semis, we don't think that qualifying is a success and our entries needs to end up being Top 5 or anything in order to not be seen as a "flop". It's a vicious circle because this thinking prevents our well-established artists to "take a risk" and we end up with newcomers who get their songs penned by picked songwriters performing meaningless songs writtin in English, etc.

Seriously, I don't get our thinking that German-singing well-established artists shouldn't compete in Eurovision because they "fail". I'd be happy and proud seeing someone like Helene Fischer finishing #10 with a German song.

ESC94

This newspaper is sooo right!! I can´t stand all three.:ROFLMAO:

Mainshow

Veteran
"An Austrian newspaper jokingly lists which German singers they do not want to see on the Eurovision stage.

3. Xavier Naidoo: Because although he has a very velvety singing voice, you never know what other strange behaviorally original statements will come out of his mouth. "
This newspaper is sooo right!! I can´t stand all three.:ROFLMAO:

How is this newspaper so right? - It's promoting toxic and misogynistic attitudes which are highly problematic.
The female singer gets framed as "too sensitive", an adjective which would never be used to describe a male artist on a totally different topic.
Also, the paper states that her success and image has been highly shaped by the career of her ex-boyfriend. They basically promote the old-fashioned and misogynistic view that a woman gets characterised by the success of her spouse.

Actually, I think that this "joke" is highly inappropriate and very questionable. It makes me sick that "reason #2" is promoting such "values". They might be disguised as a joke but they mirror society's stance on the status of business women.

ESC94

How is this newspaper so right? - It's promoting toxic and misogynistic attitudes which are highly problematic.
The female singer gets framed as "too sensitive", an adjective which would never be used to describe a male artist on a totally different topic.
Also, the paper states that her success and image has been highly shaped by the career of her ex-boyfriend. They basically promote the old-fashioned and misogynistic view that a woman gets characterised by the success of her spouse.

Actually, I think that this "joke" is highly inappropriate and very questionable. It makes me sick that "reason #2" is promoting such "values". They might be disguised as a joke but they mirror society's stance on the status of business women.

I´m afraid you misunderstood me. With "right" I meant that these newspaper didn´t want to see them representing :de: and I approved because I don´t wanna see them competing since I don´t like them as musicians at all.

mauve

Veteran
Well, I don´t expect anything to be honest, so in case the entry is crap I won´t be disappointed. :ROFLMAO:
Well. My expectations are not high, but then again, I was positively surprised about Ben last year (studio version, not live though). So let's keep our fingers and toes crossed that our eyes drop out of our face or our jaws dropping down. xshock

ESC94

Well. My expectations are not high, but then again, I was positively surprised about Ben last year (studio version, not live though). So let's keep our fingers and toes crossed that our eyes drop out of our face or our jaws dropping down. xshock

Let´s see if it´s out of elation or dismay. xrofl

Top Bottom