3 4.2%

3 4.2%

4 5.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

ArmpitOfEurope

I'd side with Cyprus being better too. I can easily remember how it goes and play it in my head. Georgia on the other hand is continuing to slip my mind despite the fact I have now listened to it more in my attempts to remember how it goes.

Both are generic, Georgia feels less plastic to me, but yeah liar is catchier

han-g

Both are generic, Georgia feels less plastic to me, but yeah liar is catchier
It's not really even how catchy it is, I tend to remember a song through its melody not just its chorus. To be honest Georgia feels like it's a copycat of many songs we got in the 000s just without the thought put into the melody, and for that reason it's very derivative to me. Cyprus is not a sound that i love and the lyrics are a bit naff, but it had more thought put into it melody wise (I also don't judge lyrics in eurovision songs too much, beyond overall meaning because there will be plenty of people in the audience whose English is not going to be good enough to understand them)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
This is a :12: by the way xheat I simply cannot resist it. I do slightly resent all the pop songs I love this year for being so loud and relentless (minus Spain) as my tinnitus riddled ears are going to suffer but gosh, this is just such a hit from Georgia. Adrenalina levels of a full serve. Firefighter is one of those everything and kitchen sink epics you only find at Eurovision. You've got three minutes to leave our tender bodies in ruins and Nutsa got that memo. I'll have no choice but to call the fire services this May.

The final 30 seconds I think is my favourite moment of any entry this year. Such a resplendent finale that leaves me in awe every time. Nutsa just has to get Georgia back into the final. They are hands down now my favourite Eurovision country and it pains me how long they've been without a final.

Mainshow

Veteran
:5: I don't have much to stay - I don't think that :ge: is qualifying, tbh.
That song isn't memorable, imo - it will heavily rely on staging/the choreography and somehow I expected Nutsa to be more artsy-fartsy but this is the eptiome of being generic.
It's slightly better than :cy: though.

Fluke

I think this has a slightly more regular pop, almost R&B feel, compared to Cyprus, Malta and Luxembourg who do the ultra-specific-to-ESC dance number more thoroughly. That might actually help it, since "regular people" seem a bit tired of the Chanel-type entries by now.

Underdark

It's time to see what the AI thinks about Georgia (I actualy quite like the result)

Georgia.png

Wynnter

"Firefighter" is good and messy at the same time, however the messiness is overtaking it. Especially towards the end. I really enjoy the first few minutes, and the "put out the fire" part is annoingly earworm-y, it's just that the production doesn't do the song much justice. It has a clear identity, but it doesn't really reach for it enough... And I don't think the english lyrics help it any further tbh.

:6: points

Yoozek

Too much shouting. And it does not have some wow factors. Just meh, loud, shouty song which goes nowhere. Put out the fire, I see the ashes. Over and over again. Iru stood better chances at qualifying than this and she also was bit too shouty for the crowd likings.

Jupiter

NUTSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA​
I don't like the song that much, but Nutsa is so awesome. So much energy and power, and I like that she already did choreo here (and her vocals were still fire).

Hopefully they don't mess up the staging, because Nutsa can absolutely out-perform enough other acts in SF2 to qualify. And tbh... I wouldn't be shocked if this would be the girl Bop the judges end up liking this year over Austria, Cyprus & Co. Bcs from what we've seen, Nutsa is clearly the best vocalist in that group.

ESC94

Today it was time for :ge: at the ESC kompakt songchecks 2024.

The verdict of the bloggers:

Benny - Firefighter” simply rushes past me and leaves me completely unimpressed. A very boring song. And then I don´t know what else I should say... :4:

Berenike - Personally, I generally can't do much with such female "vocal acrobatic songs". In “Firefighter,” Nutsa’s voice may be objectively good, but to me it just sounds loud and doesn’t convey much emotion. The well-known Fuego replay scheme is used here, which is really not innovative anymore. I find the drum beats in the song quite interesting at least. :3:

Douze Points - “The ceiling is falling, the windows are burning” – an interesting image. Otherwise a song that can only work on the big stage with a lot of fuss. Very energetic, sometimes aggressive – and ultimately not catchy enough. :7:

Flo - "Dramatic" is probably a good way to describe Firefighter". Nevertheless, the verses are quite pleasing, but the pre-chorus and the transition to the chorus are too intentional for me. And filling so much time with the beat shows a bit of lack of imagination when it comes to the composition. :3:

Manu - For me personally, Georgia continues seamlessly where it finished last year. Female singing, drums and electro beats should be enough for the final this time. The tempo is a little quicker and Nutsa's voice sounds a little more pleasant. The built-in musical break with harder electro sounds screams for a dance break, which is already celebrated in the video. A song that has to compete musically with Cyprus, Luxembourg, Albania and Malta this year, but could be lucky. :5:

Max - Georgia is going mainstream – a bit. In fact, the Caucasus country doesn't often manage to convince me and “Firefighter” isn't one of my favorites this year either. It's still a well-produced pop song, the kind that Cyprus usually produces. Nutsa is also a very interesting artist. :5:

Peter - “Firefighter” isn’t really my thing. The song is relatively brittle, but again not bulky, brittle or innovative enough to capture me. Nutsa has an elegant charisma and a lot of energy, but the song has nothing that you can use as a retrospective reference. :4:

Rick -Hardly any other song this year exudes as much energy and self-confidence as “Firefighter”. I really like the number stylistically and relies on a very strong, international-sounding production. But only Nutsa will make the song truly recognizable on stage, I think. Hopefully not with TOO much power - I suspect she has a tendency to exaggerate. The last thing the number needs is to turn into a series of long, loud notes. For now, I give it :8: for the studio cut.

Top Bottom