Contact us

FSC Spin-Off - Theme suggestions

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
It’s the end of this week 18. We would have wanted to have more people posting their preferred theme for this coming FSC Spin-Off but members are probably focused on ESC right now so we will go with what we have.

Of the 7 choices for themes the one which seems to have the strongest backing from you guys is “Best Of: 2000-2010” so that is the theme chosen for the FSC May Spin-Off. Thanks all for contributing xup

I will post the FSC May Spin-Off Submission thread a little later today. As previously mentioned, it will be posted earlier than usual to give members ample time to set aside time for it after ESC-week and to join us in the fun. I ask for your help to inspire/encourage members to join so we manage to get enough people to have the edition (as mentioned, the minimum needed is 13 members). Thanks xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Hi guys!

It is soon the month of August and time for another FSC Spin-Off edition.

In view of this we have offered the previous winner of the FSC May Spin-Off the chance to host the coming August Spin-Off, but the offer was declined due to lack of time for the task, and so the FSC Mod team (Malagant) will do the hosting again.

The timetable for the coming event is as follows:

1. Themes: I will post theme-suggestions here below and you can all pick your favourites ones
2. Entry Submissions: I will post an Entry Submission thread in about 1 weeks time
3. FSC August Spin-Off: estimated 10th August - 24th August

Theme suggestions for the FSC August 2023 Spin-Off:

1. Covers/Remixes
2. Best Of: 1990-1999
3. Best Of: Club Music (Dance/Trance/House etc)
4. Songs about/with places (in title or lyrics)
5. Songs about/with animals (in title or lyrics)
6. Best Of: Metal/Hard rock

xup

Bmbriga

1. Cover/remixes- does both needs to be from the same country (artist/song) or a song can be from whatever country?

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
1. Cover/remixes- does both needs to be from the same country (artist/song) or a song can be from whatever country?

The singer must be from the chosen country, the cover/remix-song can be from anywhere and any artist (so f.ex. a Croatian singer can perform a cover-version of a song originally performed by an American singer).

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I think, I'd prefer either:

heke1988

6. Best Of: Metal/Hard rock (obviously:D)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Thanks guys, keep on giving your theme-preferences xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
No clear theme-favourite as of yet, preferences pretty varied, but let's hope a few more members give their preferences in the coming days before a decision will be made.

The plan is to post the Entry Submission thread on 28th July and a theme must have been selected by then xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Since there are six choices, I guess you would be using the following.

Virtual Dice Roller

But let's hope that you won't have to.

Either that or Random.Org (List Randomizer) which we have often used before in FSC:

Random.Org

But as you mention, the best would be to get a fairly clear preference among the participating members, so you can all help spread the word xup

anabanana2000

My Votes!

1. Covers/Remixes
3. Best Of: Club Music (Dance/Trance/House etc)

Kevan1994

My votes (but really I'll be happy with any):

4. Songs about/with places (in title or lyrics)

I agree with @Bmbriga that maybe we save the 90-99 for a later edition since the last one was time themed.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Selection:

It is time to make a theme-selection for this coming FSC August Spin-Off. Everyone has had around 1 week to share their preferences. Thanks everyone for participating.

Covers/Remixes and Places have the most 1st choices while the other votes have been spread around the selection.

Since the 2 favourites are about the same the most fair is to have a random selection between the 2 and so I have used Random Org (List Randomizer) to get a fair random result.

I have posted a screen image below showing the final choice:

p1U5VQS.jpg

The winner is: Covers/Remixes.

The theme for the FSC August Spin-Off will therefore be as follows: “Best Of: Covers/Remixes”.

I will post an Entry Submissions thread for the FSC August Spin-Off with further details. We hope many members will take part, keep in mind we need at least 13 participants to host the Spin-Off!

Welcome all! xup

AlekS

Veteran
Since the war has begun I don't have time for spinoffs, but I'm very here if you make "The 2nd chance spinoff" or "The Best Of: Rejects" for the songs we originaly intended to send for FSC but they exceeded the deadline or didn't meet the rules.

I bet a lot of people here feel sorry they couldn't submit some particular song to FSC and they (me as well) need a "closure".

Requirements: The song never took part in FSC but you intended to submit it. The song should abolish FSC rules. Older than 1 year, or samples another song, or includes a part of folk lyrics/music, or the featured artist is local but the main artist is from another country etc. At least 1 artist should represent your jury's country. 2 or more people from the same jury or country can send their respective songs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom