Contact us

FSC Spin-Off - December 2020: " Best Of: Christmas" - The Show | RESULTS from page 2

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
PFUu6Xu.jpg

Welcome to another FSC Spin-Off!

yQwRxUC.gif

Welcome to this FSC December 2020 Spin-Off, featuring favourite ‘ Christmas-related ' songs
from the whole world . Our host city is: Seoul , South Korea the Capital and largest metro
polis of the nation. Seoul has a population of ca 9.7 million people and forms the heart of the
Seoul Capital Area . Major technology hubs , are centered in Gangnam and Digital Media City.

ovZPPXl.jpg

Settlement of the Han River area , where present-day Seoul is located, began around 4000 BC.
Seoul was the capital of various Korean states , including Baekje , Joseon, the Korean Empire,
Goryeo , and presently South Korea . Seoul's history , stretches back over two thousand years,
when it was founded in 18 BC , by the people of Baekje , one of the Three Kingdoms, of Korea.

iIpTJlj.jpg

In modern times, following the Korean War (1950-53), Seoul began to focus on reconstruction
and modernization . As South Korea's economy started to grow rapidly from the 1960s, urbani
zation also accelerated and workers began to move to Seoul. From the 1970s, Seoul grew rapi
dly. Today Seoul is a modern city with technology (headquarters for Samsung / LG / Hyundai).

lPLqOim.jpg

The city has plenty hotels, restaurants, cafes, shops and with all amenities . It has a multitude
of services and sights to offer visitors. Over 100 museums (incl. National Museum of Korea &
Seoul Museum of Art), many monuments and churches (incl. The Wongudan Alter and Myeon
gdong Cathedral) . There are many parks in the city (incl. Namsan Park & Seoul Olympic Park).

zVm0ELY.jpg

Other sights: The Seoul Tower, Bukchon Hanok Village, Lotte World Tower, Gyeongbokgung Pa
lace, Blue House (Presidential Building), Bongeunsa, Gwanghwamun Gate & Dongdaemun Des
ign Plaza . East of Seoul there is the Garden of Morning Calm , a beautiful area which has a Wi
nter Festival, with beautiful lights for Christmas (ref. this edition’s beautiful colourful banners).

ueS6JBF.jpg

Our Host venue is: the Seoul Olympic Stadium in Seoul, South Korea. The stadium, wh
ich is also known as Jamsil Olympic Stadium , is a multi-purpose stadium in the Korean Capit
al. It's the main stadium built for the 1988 Summer Olympics & the 10th Asian Games in 1986.
It is the centre piece , of the Seoul Sports Complex in the Songpa District , in the south-east of
the city , south of the Han River . It has not been used to stage a major world sporting event in
recent years but has been venue for many cultural events incl. large concerts by world famous
artists incl. Coldplay, Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney, Metallica and Eminem to name a few. The st
adium has a capacity of around 70000 and when there are concerts it will be accomodated for
the events in question. They are proud to host this Spin-Off edition of the Forum Song Contest.

A8ObsOf.jpg

sjeCZ4j.jpg

GeNdWaZ.jpg

Our lovely Hosts this evening are:

Park Da-Hyun and Cho Se-Whee

XUAoZjw.jpg
c2Ti3Jj.jpg

Park Da-Hyun is a South Korean model , who has had much success also as a fashion model.
She has done many advertorial photo shoots, in the past few years . Like many other younger
models she is top active on social media . She is proud to co-host this evening’s FSC Spin-Off

Cho Se-Whee is a South Korean model, who was crowned Miss Korea Universe 2017. She has
her online shopping company . She hopes to be a professional mentor , & inspiration to others
who too aspire to be young entrepreneurs. She is proud to co-host this evening’s FSC Spin-Off

Opening Act

by famous South Korean
singer Hong Jin-Young

Once again, welcome to this Spin-Off edition of the Forum Song Contest.

Let the Show begin!

tqcd9Op.png

THE-
yQwRxUC.gif
-SONGS

Interval Act

A cool Rock version of a classic British
Christmas song by band Orion’s Reign

lGNVhdb.jpg

lGNVhdb.jpg

Closing Act

By famous South Korean
singer Kim Bum-soo

Thank You - and Good Night - from Seoul, South Korea!

PnwwLdm.jpg

Voting deadline: 18th December, 23:59 CET

NB! Votes may be submitted after 48 hours

Votes are sent by PM to me , Malagant in trad. ESC/FSC-style: 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1p.
No votes for own entry. No late votes will be accepted, so make a note of the deadline.

Votes received: 20/20

:cn::nl::de::ua::kr:
:se::ie::hr::us::lt:
:uk::ro::jp::ca::au:
:mx::hu::pt::no::ph:

Promotion of your entry (voluntary) may be done in the FSC Spin-Off Promotions Thread.

Enjoy - and good luck to all entries!
tqcd9Op.gif

Merry Christmas!

8mabVIs.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the nice feedback, guys - glad to see you all enjoying this festive Christmas Spin-Off edition of the Forum Song Contest from South Korea! xlovexhug

A-lister

Veteran
Great work @Malagant ! I will try to get into the Christmas spirit and hope these songs might help ;), oh and I so want to go to Seoul and South Korea, it's one of my top ranked "to go to" places in the world so great pick! :)

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Darn those geoblocks! Happy you found a working link though with the correct song...

I hope it's not geoblocked everywhere? xshrug
I presume/hope more members would have given a shout-out if it were widely geoblocked.. but it's good there are alternate links for most videos on Youtube that members can find if they look. The geoblock issue is a real pain in the back indeed :confused:

Uto

Veteran
I have just voted. My thanks to the host for bringing us a nicely themed show.

I also had the Carola geoblock, did the same as ana for consistency.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

WgJF5vK.jpg

gM2bhmo.jpg

12 hours until the deadline

Thanks for all the votes I've received , 13 votes
as of now ( see a list of countries in the opening
post ). Please hurry with your votes, folks! xup

<<>>

If no votes are received from a country prior to the
voting deadline we will then do as in the main FSC-
edition : the country in question, it will be moved to
the bottom of the scoreboard, keeping their points.

gM2bhmo.jpg

WgJF5vK.jpg

A-lister

Veteran
It was also blocked for me, but thanks to @anaraqueen I listen it from that link 😉👍

I have just voted. My thanks to the host for bringing us a nicely themed show.

I also had the Carola geoblock, did the same as ana for consistency.

Oh, so it seems generally geoblocked outside of Sweden / Scandinavia :unsure::(, hope the juries who already voted had an opportunity to hear the song at least, obviously for the fairness of the contest, but mostly because it's a nice song and I don't want you guys to miss out on it :love:

Top Bottom