5 3.1%

7 4.4%

9 5.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

goncalovieira

In my opinion, he still has a very good chance.
There is no other competitive ballad for the first place.

MAD20

For some reason I can't get to click with this song. I think it's too much of the classic French clichey song, which has lately been the trend except for 2022 when it was a complete (and undeserved) flop...

vavera4ka

Love this.
My #1 this year.
and I understand all the criticism. I'd even say it's valid. I'd usually be in the front of that line, calling stuff like that out lol

but sometimes a song just clicks. call it timing, mood, emotional need...

dizzydjc

This is still standing out as a winner (even if it;s jury winner) to me. See you all in Paris 2025 haha

Destroyer

If France is going to win they will win with this! AMAZING. His voice, the melody, everything blends so well...

I understand not everyone loves these kinds of songs but for me this is how you do it if you are going with an emotional ballad.

Juliette

I have given this song a :12:, as it's gorgeous, but it's way too depressing for me to keep listening to over and over. :unsure:

DirtyFalcon

Slimane will be a guest in italian TV show "La Volta Buona" on RAI1 on thursday. He will get interviewed and he will maybe perform his song too. I don't know if this is a good and popular show or not but in the end it doesn't matter if viewing figures are low. It's still a good promo.

Last edited:

mup

Slimane will be a guest in italian TV show "La Volta Buona" on RAI1 on thursday. He will get interviewed and he will maybe perform his song too. I don't know if this is a good and popular show or not but in the end it doesn't matter if viewing figures are low. It's still a good promo.
It's an afternoon talk-show/infotainment programme. I have never watched it, so I checked and found out that viewing figures are around 1.5 million viewers, which seems good because I read that the show has been confirmed for another season. It airs on RAI1 which is also the channel airing the ESC final, maybe a bit of their viewers will be watching Slimane on both occasions. :)

nudiecrudi

Don't think Rai has given to Slimane a good spot to promote Mon Amour. It's a weekly afternoon show with mostly over 65 years old viewers.

MS.

This is still my favorite song this year. Can't wait to see the live staging and the modifications Slimane will end up doing

Last edited:

Paco Roca

This is still my favorite song this year. Can't wait to see the live staging and the modifications Slimane will end up doing
What staging can a ballad have and especially that of Slimane? A man on the stage, darkness, a beam of light (perhaps a jacket with glitter from the video that acts as a spotlight), vocal power and space for emotion. End. If we carefully observe the 2023 vs 2024 videos, many nations have always adopted the same choreographic or chromatic recipe. It is from "Voilà", passing through "Fulenn" to reach "Evidemment" and stopping to judge the video of "Mon Amour" that France is presenting some noir shades on stage.

In my opinion, Slimane can win thanks to the poverty of the 2024 edition and the playful atmosphere but it is undeniable that, vocal and interpretative ability aside, Slimane's ballad is basic; it is a mediocre composition elevated by a great artist.

mup

Don't think Rai has given to Slimane a good spot to promote Mon Amour. It's a weekly afternoon show with mostly over 65 years old viewers.
Recently they invited some singers from Sanremo, the elderly viewers must have run away once they saw La SAD with their punk looks. :LOL:

Anyway, Slimane's ballad might fit the taste of more mature viewers so perhaps they enjoyed it. He performed his song and the host had some chit-chat with him, he talked a bit of how he feels in the run-up to ESC. He said he's starting to feel a bit stressed, but proud to represent his country and happy to be given the opportunity to perform his song abroad. :)

nudiecrudi

Recently they invited some singers from Sanremo, the elderly viewers must have run away once they saw La SAD with their punk looks. :LOL:

Anyway, Slimane's ballad might fit the taste of more mature viewers so perhaps they enjoyed it. He performed his song and the host had some chit-chat with him, he talked a bit of how he feels in the run-up to ESC. He said he's starting to feel a bit stressed, but proud to represent his country and happy to be given the opportunity to perform his song abroad. :)
I didn't watch that episode, honestly I don't watch that show at all.
I don't think Slimane has got some benefit from this Italian campaign.
He is an excellent singer but the song isn't. Even for the italian public which loves beautiful voices singing excellently isn't enough anymore if the song is mediocre.
Look at Il Volo's result this year in Sanremo.
But who knows, maybe I'm totally wrong.

mup

I didn't watch that episode, honestly I don't watch that show at all.
I don't think Slimane has got some benefit from this Italian campaign.
He is an excellent singer but the song isn't. Even for the italian public which loves beautiful voices singing excellently isn't enough anymore if the song is mediocre.
Look at Il Volo's result this year in Sanremo.
But who knows, maybe I'm totally wrong.
Well, everyone has different tastes. ;) I don't know how Slimane will place, but I think he should at least get support from juries and people who appreciate vocal technique, at least in a world now full of (fake) singers who use autotune and such tricks that standardize every voice. It's also good that Rai decided to invite a Eurovision artist from abroad after many years without having any, we can only hope they will consider promoting them in the upcoming years, I read that the talented Barbara Pravi would even like to compete in Sanremo! There is a lot of work to be done to make ESC popular in Italy, so every bit like Slimane's invitation counts.

nudiecrudi

Well, everyone has different tastes. ;) I don't know how Slimane will place, but I think he should at least get support from juries and people who appreciate vocal technique, at least in a world now full of (fake) singers who use autotune and such tricks that standardize every voice. It's also good that Rai decided to invite a Eurovision artist from abroad after many years without having any, we can only hope they will consider promoting them in the upcoming years, I read that the talented Barbara Pravi would even like to compete in Sanremo! There is a lot of work to be done to make ESC popular in Italy, so every bit like Slimane's invitation counts.
It's fine for me that Rai is doing more to promote esc artists but as I said Slimane and his team hasn't chosen the right show I think. Last year Marco did something similar in Germany but it was totally different, an evening entertaining show where Marco had a perfect shot, singing Due Vite and another song with the host Giovanni Zarrella.
In Croatia Slimane had a perfect shot and I think he will be awarded by the Croatian public unless he would not become a direct competitor of Baby Lasagna

Datura

i think this is a top5 song with the juries but i'm not sure how televoters will connect. for me personally it's too much drama in his singing but i wasnt a fan of eg voila either so what do i know.

mup

It's fine for me that Rai is doing more to promote esc artists but as I said Slimane and his team hasn't chosen the right show I think. Last year Marco did something similar in Germany but it was totally different, an evening entertaining show where Marco had a perfect shot, singing Due Vite and another song with the host Giovanni Zarrella.
In Croatia Slimane had a perfect shot and I think he will be awarded by the Croatian public unless he would not become a direct competitor of Baby Lasagna
I see what you mean. :) Maybe the reason is that ESC is still not popular enough for Rai to slot a Eurovision artist into any kind of prime-time show like the ones you mentioned, I don't know.

Top Bottom