7 4.4%

9 5.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Lighthouse

This song is an easy :12:

With proper staging, this could easily go top 5 (without even knowing any other competing song)

ailane

Joking aside, it is exactly as I feared. Powerful vocals and totally in line with his usual discography, but that's it. Lyrics are quite simplistic, melody is both predictable and lacks a clear hook. I had to listen to it a few times to get it in my head and it doesn't go much crescendo either. It's the same issue I had with the recent San Remo winners and their male ballads: decent song but it leaves me absolutely cold. A :3:
For me was the opposite,i liked very much at first,but later i started to like less,but i still like the song.

Codeword Iroquois

I think the staging's probably going to have to carry it. I think this is one of those songs that works best for those who don't necessarily speak language, as the sound itself (as in, hearing it without understanding it) is significantly better than the actual lyrics of the song.

CPV4931

Feels way too early to already have the first song... a decent song that I think will have good chances for the first half next may, at the same time not really the kind of song I usually like

ailane

I think the staging's probably going to have to carry it. I think this is one of those songs that works best for those who don't necessarily speak language, as the sound itself (as in, hearing it without understanding it) is significantly better than the actual lyrics of the song.
I read the lyrics now,it is basically asking for a loved one to come back?

ESC94

After all the praise for him in advance I was kinda excited to hear his song. Well, maybe my hopes were a bit too high. :confused:

Don´t get me wrong, it´s really not a bad song and I really like his voice and charisma. But while listening I always had the feeling: Didn´t we already have ballads like this many times before?? xthink

It feels very familiar, sadly in a bit predictable way. And towards the end his style of singing gets a bit too aggressive for my taste.

Predictions?? Well, since it´s the very first entry we have it´s pretty bold to predict anything, but I can see the jurys absolutely loving this, the televoters not so much to be honest. A placement between 6-16 seems plausible for me.

Since I still kinda like it I give Slimane and :fr: a solid :7:. :)

Mainshow

Veteran
A fantastic start.

If you ask me, I think that :fr: is on a roll right now.
The country was part of my personal Top 10 in 2021, 2022 and 2023 and even though the ballad is nothing to write home about it's still competitive and powerful. Incredible voice (tacky outfit).
It's a great :8: from me for now - it may grow on me more and depending on what's about to come "Mon amour" might get a spot in my lower Top 10 next year as well.

I honestly can't think of another time when France had such a great run of entries in the 21st century.

Ezio

Veteran
c'est ça?

0scar

yeah solid nice voice cool cool cool but still a little bit meh
if this was sent by Italy in Italian a greater deal of people would be amazed by it tbh not gonna lie, but I wasn't a fan of big Italian ballads in the past so I shouldn't be fan of big French ballads now

Grinch

It's ballad after fucking ballad.

Come on France

But hey decent start to ESC season

Last time France sent something unique, interesting and actually listenable with a minority language; they tragically ended up 24th with only 17 points. So I can't really blame them for wanting to be safe. General public wants all the French stereotypes from France, and they throw them all to GP.

ailane

Last time France sent something unique, interesting and actually listenable with a minority language; they tragically ended up 24th with only 17 points. So I can't really blame them for wanting to be safe. General public wants all the French stereotypes from France, and they throw them all to GP.
I don't want "french stereotypes",i want a song i like,and this song i liked.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
He has a strong, capable voice.. but hmmm I find it difficult to get hyped for Mon Amour. It's pristine. It's over-polished. I'm not exactly averse to this kind of stuff. Put it on and I'll get through it but I'm just worn out by the more predictable Eurovision ballads at this point that always seem to come from some The Voice protégé (take me to a parallel universe where that show doesn't exist, please). Having said that, it's not bad and the final chorus ramps things up pretty well in all of its hammy glory. Is that enough to make me care about it? Not really. :6: points.

MooseShoes

See that I'm not the only one who immediately thought of the :it: 2023 entry. That won me over at the contest so I reckon this could do the same. Not giving me any winner vibes, though.

Also, there's one thing that's bugging me. (Please don't click the spoiler if you don't want me to ruin this song for you!)

Top Bottom