1 0.5%

1 0.5%

8 4.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Andromache

I wasn't a big fan of the staging but I still gave her one vote to support France. I think the staging was a bit too much. They should've gone with something simpler to get some good jury points. Their result is good in comparison to last year.

Irish Cameltoe

what a terrible person.
Why? Because moronic sheep on Twitter or Tiktok or whatever they use, say so? The social media junkies (many with rainbow colored hair and pronouns everywhere, a true warning sign) live to attack the person of the day, and then move on to the next victim. Seriously, who cares?

La Zarra's flipping bird was the best moment of Eurovision 2023. I swear. 🤣

Those who speak about grace and manners are the same ones who have spent 3 months analyzing every her move, trolling she was a bad singer (despite not knowing this is the singing style as such, go check Edith Piaf) and mocking her for this or that, all anonimously on the Internet.

You flipped them Queen? Well praises for doing it, Queen.

DirtyFalcon

Maybe we should start consider sending songs in english too ? or at least french / english ? We only use french in order to please people that doesn't care about the contest and only appear from nowhere and critcize for dramas.
Those medias and french people will never like Eurovision and always insult/ do bashing on the contestants so why the french delegation keeps trying to convince people that doesn't want to be convinced ? I can understand she is criticized for the middle finger (even if i was not happy at all too when she did that, she said it's not a middle finger but a "noz" (morrocan gesture to show disappointment) and she said sorry so it's important) but for the rest really ?

Seriously, just go back to a national final with a lot of diversity, even "WTF" songs and enjoy this contest without being afraid to send something different that would hurt the ego of some french people that are only good for insult, disrespect and criticize. Sometimes we wonder if someone ever gave them an education when they were kids. They literally have 0 balls, insult behind a screen (and brag about it) and would never do 5% of what Eurovisions contestants are doing.

Let's try something different i don't know ! Dark pop, rock, metal, some genres we never sent to the contest. "Sortons des sentiers battus" i would say in french. Let's go back to a national final, improve the competitiveness of the competition and bring back international juries. I don't know why we ditched them after DE.

Last edited:

randajad

Veteran
I loved her reaction during the voting 10/10 waiting for someone to repeat it. xheart

MS.

Maybe we should start consider sending songs in english too ? or at least french / english ? We only use french in order to please people that doesn't care about the contest and only appear from nowhere and critcize for dramas.
Those medias and french people will never like Eurovision and always insult/ do bashing on the contestants so why the french delegation keeps trying to convince people that doesn't want to be convinced ? I can understand she is criticized for the middle finger (even if i was not happy at all too when she did that, she said it's not a middle finger but a "noz" (morrocan gesture to show disappointment) and she said sorry so it's important) but for the rest really ?

Seriously, just go back to a national final with a lot of diversity, even "WTF" songs and enjoy this contest without being afraid to send something different that would hurt the ego of some french people that are only good for insult, disrespect and criticize. Sometimes we wonder if someone ever gave them an education when they were kids. They literally have 0 balls, insult behind a screen (and brag about it) and would never do 5% of what Eurovisions contestants are doing.

Let's try something different i don't know ! Dark pop, rock, metal, some genres we never sent to the contest. "Sortons des sentiers battus" i would say in french. Let's go back to a national final, improve the competitiveness of the competition and bring back international juries. I don't know why we ditched them after DE.
Last year France tried something very different but it failed totally.
But yes i agree with you about the disgusting attitude towards eurovision in France but i think it's a lot because of the french media and journalists.It's not like this here in belgium at all. I agree with you that these people don't want to be convinced anyway.
Amir did amazingly well. Barbara Pravi was phenomenal. I don't think that diversity is the solution here. The problem is that so many talented french singers fear going to eurovision because of all the bashing and what happened with La Zarra won't help that.
But i agree that going back to a national final is a good idea but they should encourage more talents to participate. They should go search for talents. I'm sorry but the general average of the last national final was so bad in my opinion... Even the voice france has a much better average. I mean a lot of people who participated even lost in the very early stages of the voice.

Barbara Pravi was the exception 2 years ago and saved a very weak national final in my opinion. And writing good songs should not be the problem look at how fast Slimane Vita camelia jordana or hoshi wrote quiet good songs to the finalists of Star academy this year.
Anyway i'm just giving many solutions to how they could organize a strong national final like Melfest, UMK, Benidorm... It's an important step imo. And all comes from a positive media coverage that creates more willingness for the talents to participate.
And this is very absent unfortunately.

Last edited:

DirtyFalcon

What's the reaction in France been like since La Zarra's result?

Very bad as always (and as expected) but the "middle-finger" (who was in reality a toz) created a lot of controversy on most of the main national medias and exaggerated this even more. She's the target of a real bashing right now, bigger than when she had her issues during the Amsterdam Pré-party. People say our performance was ridiculous and put shame on our country, or like we should retire forever, few examples that you can usually see here in France.

harey

According ti this article, Slimane tried to take part?!?! Slimane is a huge name, I'm surprised if it is true.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Well well well, what a wild ride it has been. Didn't speak here since i expected this to flop just because the pre-party performance was quite underwhelming, i know this kind of thing doesn't really matter and i know i spoke too soon.
This said... I'm not disappointed or sad because it was exactly the kind of result i was expecting : all this fuss for nothing. The song was just underwhelming, the staging was ambitious on paper (and this is not a bad thing not at all "go big or go home") but this was an archetype of a bad good idea, her vocals were okay but still strained... In the end this was just not that competitive. I even have an hypothesis : i do think despite scoring worse, people will be most likely remember Fulenn ("the french-breton track that didn't deserve second to last place, people just didn't click with it") than Evidemment ("much ado about nothing"). The song is based on hackneyed clichés that have no place, even more so in 2023. "Le chic à la française"... lol.
Plus, i think the delegation didn't think how casual people would think of the staging; in the climax La Zarra says "am i good enough to sing for you", the staging with her on top of the world with the french flag behind her says "we are France and we're better than you" imo. I know this is not their intention but i do think they don't really try to figure how would it be translated to casual people, because guess what : not everyone speaks french.

At the end of the day, La Zarra did everything she could but with that gesture thingy and typical french Eurovision backlash i'm quite afraid that would put her career in danger. Let's see how she will handle this.

In conclusion : there will be a lot of work to do on the delegation, there will be a lot of questioning around here, and i'm wondering if ARA will still be here next year (regarding people are starting to say that she rejected Anne Sila or even Slimane to go on board with La Zarra)... But one thing's for sure : if they would really like to win it all, they have to change a lot of things.

JenJen94

Very bad as always (and as expected) but the "middle-finger" (who was in reality a toz) created a lot of controversy on most of the main national medias and exaggerated this even more. She's the target of a real bashing right now, bigger than when she had her issues during the Amsterdam Pré-party. People say our performance was ridiculous and put shame on our country, or like we should retire forever, few examples that you can usually see here in France.

Sadly not surprised, the media are just plain vile, and well, some people too....

ayzelto

The performance, as I said, was too much, but I think she deserved better. At least lower top 10 with the entries this year.

Top Bottom