1 0.5%

1 0.5%

8 4.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

SpiritofKeiino

I've just watched the Madrid performance, not good at all. She sounds very out of tune.

Hoping it was technical difficulties? Is she normally better vocally than this?

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Seems she had technical difficulties yeah, but this doesn't come alive on stage either... I expected something impressive since they didn't want to release any rehearsal photos or videos (only Spain did that also), but it's just her, singing on a stage...
Sure they made a slight revamp but it's just that. They are just playing it full diva-style for nothing.

Weeeeelp, this will flop.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Seems she had technical difficulties yeah, but this doesn't come alive on stage either... I expected something impressive since they didn't want to release any rehearsal photos or videos (only Spain did that also), but it's just her, singing on a stage...
Sure they made a slight revamp but it's just that. They are just playing it full diva-style for nothing.

gurl... we cannot judge a pre-party performance when it comes to the staging. she's great tbh she doesn't need anything else on the stage.

DanielLuis

Since when are the pre-party performances any indicative what so ever of what till be done on the Eurovision stage in may?
Euro fans reaaaaally need to take a chill pill in april before jumping to so many conclusions

rasmuslights

Veteran
You really expected something impressive ?? for a pre-party ??....o_O
Guess what, the same will happen in London and Amsterdam, it will be just her, on a stage...

Another :poop: message from you....but here, it was expected.

Germany is participating, the worst she can be is second to last!

love the shade on Germany and I agree.

DirtyFalcon

Since when are the pre-party performances any indicative what so ever of what till be done on the Eurovision stage in may?
Euro fans reaaaaally need to take a chill pill in april before jumping to so many conclusions

This is so true and also all your message. People need to relax. This is only a pre-party. And if she has difficulties next week in Amsterdam or London, it will be again the same. It's the repetitions that count. If she perform well at rehearsals, any pre-party problems will be immediately swept away.

Speaking about the revamp, i personnally like it.

John1

All of you saying that this will be a huge disappointment/flop in May need to take a chill pill. Yes, the performance wasn't the very best, but remember what we witnessed with Lucas Hänni a few years ago? He was out of tune and didn't sound good at all until we saw him performing on a big stage in Tel Aviv.

Remember that this preparty wasn't meant to showcase how the performance will look nor sound like in May. Let's not forget that she had in-ear issues with her monitor, hence she didn't sound as great as we expected her to do. And yet, most people think she did quite good in spite of these issues.

Just wait for the revamp, for the whole performance before throwing shade at her in such a disrespectful way.

I'm bookmarking this, knowing that she'll reportedly have a huge prop on stage as well as a whole other diva-styled backdrop/performance.

Coming from a French eurofan, who's supposedly aware of how preparties are going, this is utterly upsetting.

GermanBango

You really expected something impressive ?? for a pre-party ??....o_O
Guess what, the same will happen in London and Amsterdam, it will be just her, on a stage...

Another :poop: message from you....but here, it was expected.

Germany is participating, the worst she can be is second to last!

First of all why do people think trashing German entries will bother me in the slightest way? Boy I literally hated all our recent entries. :ROFLMAO:

Also I did not say that France is going to finish last overall. Just last with the public. I stand by that.

harey

I don't think she will get a very good televote, but last? I don't think, I feel more something like Roi.

Iker

Veteran
All of you saying that this will be a huge disappointment/flop in May need to take a chill pill. Yes, the performance wasn't the very best, but remember what we witnessed with Lucas Hänni a few years ago? He was out of tune and didn't sound good at all until we saw him performing on a big stage in Tel Aviv.

Remember that this preparty wasn't meant to showcase how the performance will look nor sound like in May. Let's not forget that she had in-ear issues with her monitor, hence she didn't sound as great as we expected her to do. And yet, most people think she did quite good in spite of these issues.

Just wait for the revamp, for the whole performance before throwing shade at her in such a disrespectful way.

I'm bookmarking this, knowing that she'll reportedly have a huge prop on stage as well as a whole other diva-styled backdrop/performance.

Coming from a French eurofan, who's supposedly aware of how preparties are going, this is utterly upsetting.

IMHO while this song sounds good currently it would still benefit from a little revamp. I agree with a youtuber ThePeaceAround (who's also a musician) that this would be better if the guitars were a bit more pronounced (more punchy) and louder in the backing track. Personally I think this would render Évidammemt more danceable.

Mainshow

Veteran
I honestly believe (and hope) that neither Germany nor France will be "finishing last" - both songs are very different to the other entries this year and I also believe that they can "shine" - no matter their draw.

kamc

IMHO while this song sounds good currently it would still benefit from a little revamp. I agree with a youtuber ThePeaceAround (who's also a musician) that this would be better if the guitars were a bit more pronounced (more punchy) and louder in the backing track. Personally I think this would render Évidammemt more danceable.
Yes this is my biggest issue with the song - the dance beat/instrumentation is so meek and half assed in the chorus that it’s not here or there.
It’s a polite shoulder shuffle when it could be so much bigger and interesting IMO.

DirtyFalcon

Yes this is my biggest issue with the song - the dance beat/instrumentation is so meek and half assed in the chorus that it’s not here or there.
It’s a polite shoulder shuffle when it could be so much bigger and interesting IMO.

That's why they did a revamp (and you can hear it during the preparty, even if it's bad sound quality). They were a good amount of people saying it lacked a bit of power especially in the second chorus. They added some instrumental, giving it more consistance (in my opinion).

The risk afterwards, in wanting to do a much more massive revamp, is to completely distort the whole song. It's taking the risk of making the song less coherent from start to finish.

lilka

I've just heard it for the first time, I like it! Not sure about its possible final result, but at least it's not boring!

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
I honestly believe (and hope) that neither Germany nor France will be "finishing last" - both songs are very different to the other entries this year and I also believe that they can "shine" - no matter their draw.

I think France will be top 15. Germany bottom 4 but not last. My opinion :)

Top Bottom