54 31.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
France-scaled.jpg

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
[...] :fr: should be proud of their growth in the contest.

I take this back. Bless France, all these past few years building up Eurovision again to enter the 20s going back to square 1, and all of it with their dated disney ballad import from G:Son and last years last place songwriters. Iconic. Obviously they thought they started to do a bit too well and got an urge to flop. This is just real basic it actually made me laugh. Not to mention yet another mega repetitive song lyric wise we've heard this year. You are you are you are. The good thing is that my expectations were really kinda low anyway for me liking it considering how dull his other stuff is but this is just next level. It has song writing camp reject written all over it. Juries might like it a bit, televote will bomb it. Oh also the BBC called, they're suing France for stealing their entry. xo 3pts

Last edited:

Alaska49

Not really, countries like the Netherlands and Switzerland prove that going internal after ditching the concept of national finals can work.
it worked for netherlands to varying extents these last few years (so... just like a NF) and switzerland has one year of success now, and also a whole lot of internal flops from the 00s. you don't mess with a winning team, and liking the sent songs or not, DE was winning and improving. now this is what we get.

hawadharma

#Paris2021 #ItsHappeningGuys #Masterpiece #LoreenWho?

Just kidding, of course. Sorry guys, for some of you the return to reality must have been tough.

Like I said previously, my expectations were below sea level and - I must admit our HoD did THAT - because I had no idea it would be THAT tragic. Congrats.

First of all: the songwriters...

SFZ46a8.gif

This is nothing more than a troll. Judging by who wrote that turd, I don't believe it was a submission, but our broadcaster probably bought it directly from them. Apparently, having someone Swedish involved is enough to consider a song great. Interesting concept. And G:son needs to GTFO, I cannot with him. I disliked Aiste's song, but that was low-key better than this. It's indeed very sad to turn to foreign composers (especially people who are flooding NFs with their rejects) while we have such a big pool of artists and songwriters.

Second of all: the song...

SFZ46a8.gif

Ok, so we actually managed to be worse than Spain! Great! I'm listening to the song while writing these lines and I don't see how it could escape the bottom 5 seriously. Juries could moderately vote for this, but we are in contention for 10 points or less with televoters. It gives me both "Bigger Than Us" and "My Heart Is Yours" vibes, that did super well as we all know. The melody is unmemorable, the arrangements are super cheap and vanilla. Overall, it doesn't leave a lasting impression at all, this is going to be forgotten as soon as it's over. I don't find any redeeming qualities to it, it's bland, outdated, formulaic... As @ESC94 said, it's very X-factor debut single on top of that. The mix of French/English is irrelevant at this point. Everything that I'm here for is there...

Third of all: the singer...

hzj1Qy6.gif

So, Leeb was supposed to add some flavour/twist to the song... and I agree: he actually makes it even cheaper. His singing style is so old-fashioned. And the autotune is real nice, I don't look forward to the "high" notes. He's been chosen for his face, let's keep it real. And I don't expect to him to elevate this live with any sort of charisma: I don't think he has any.

Fourth of all: our HoD...

I wanted to end this post to thank our HoD from the bottom of my heart for that life-enhancing effort I never knew I didn't need.

SpitefulAcidicFreshwatereel-small.gif

Another person in charge who doesn't know sh*t about the contest!
The plan was clear as day to me: let's take a model-like singer, give him a bland song written by Swedes, and voilà! Genius.
I can't wait for our karma to come through. It makes Bilal sound like an indie singer in comparison. Sis @anaraqueen you will love it!

1 point for participating.

This made my evening :ROFLMAO:

tuorem

it worked for netherlands to varying extents these last few years (so... just like a NF) and switzerland has one year of success now, and also a whole lot of internal flops from the 00s. you don't mess with a winning team, and liking the sent songs or not, DE was winning and improving. now this is what we get.

You forget our HoD of delegation changed though. That woman is certainly clueless.
I don't think we would have had THIS with Steven Clerima, who picked fresh entries for JESC and Destination Eurovision.

dezbee2008

Useless comment: He's my birth twin.

Useful comment: It's alright, nothing too spectacular. 6 points for now

Alaska49

You forget our HoD of delegation changed though. That woman is certainly clueless.
I don't think we would have had THIS with Steven Clerima, who picked fresh entries for JESC and Destination Eurovision.
oh i did mention that in my first post about the song! he should be like "i will be back if you pay me double" after tom leeb inevitably gets 24th. like, if they let steven go because they wanted better results than what he got... they got a big storm coming lmao

HayashiM

Veteran
I'm not necessarily saying it would be a relief if he fell off the top of the tower tonight but is it not fair to ask the question
...it's still not too late to adopt White and Black Holes or recognise that We All sometimes Poop over our chances! :) :fr: already went for a foreign song, so... :)
(sorry to be so :cz: centric, but in this case, well... :( )

hawadharma

If :fr: wants to buy any quality music, :my: can offer you some

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
"With this Bryan Adams lookalike love song, he'll leave a mark on people's mind. It's far from being half-hearted."
I can't xrofl
She's also saying 90% winners sang in English, and the mix of both languages in this one gives a "wow" effect.

She's justifying the fact they cancelled DE because it was difficult to find 18 great entries, but nothing would have prevented them from reducing this number xshrug18 was too much anyway

Let's be honest, she couldn't be farther from the truth

Last edited:

harey

I'm not necessarily saying it would be a relief if he fell off the top of the tower tonight but is it not fair to ask the question
Well actually I was wondering if they are really gonna do something on the Eiffel Tower tonight because there is à storm in Paris today (Maybe everybody will just fly in the sky and they will have to pick an other entry)

Nemo89

I don't understand all these 0 and negative comments ... it's not a bad song. This song is reminiscent of the "Backstreet Boys" way of making music. The only flaw is that the authenticity and light-heartedness of the American group are lacking. It is a "too constructed" song and for this reason it is a little monotonous.

Mrm

Veteran
@tuorem

But this is better than all chosen last night.. :D
It reminds me of my huge fave - San Marino 2011.. xlove xheart

Mrm

Veteran
I don't understand all these 0 and negative comments ... it's not a bad song. This song is reminiscent of the "Backstreet Boys" way of making music. The only flaw is that the authenticity and light-heartedness of the American group are lacking. It is a "too constructed" song and for this reason it is a little monotonous.
Are you sure you were listening the right one?! :ROFLMAO:

JohnyKaz

One member of the French selection committee said back in January that: "the song would make you forget other entries". What an irony. I have already forgotten the song.

Because I have never given 0 points to an entry (I mean everyone deserves a point for participating right?) I will go with a big solid 1 point.

tuorem

"With this Bryan Adams lookalike love song, he'll leave a mark on people's mind. It's far from being half-hearted."
I can't xrofl
She's also saying 90% winners sang in English, and the mix of both languages in this one gives a "wow" effect.

She's justifying the fact they cancelled DE because it was difficult to find 18 great entries, but nothing would have prevented them from reducing this number xshrug18 was too much anyway

Let's be honest, she couldn't be farther from the truth

Ok, so she just confirmed she takes drugs. Don't do that kids!

hungo

This is a very boring song. I dont understand why they chose that song. 1 point

Top Bottom