Contact us

Foreigners/naturalized immigrants/ performance in eurovision

Scooby

If im not mistaken, Anna Vissi is a Cypriot actually, as well as Nikki Ponte who was in final of Greek selection in 2011.

Cyprus and Greece are two body and one soul

LoveHate

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only foreign persons to represent Finland are Geir Rönning (2005) from Norway, and Viktor Klimenko (1965) born in the Sovjet Union close to the current border. Rönning had lived in and still lives in Finland. Klimenko has lived in Finland since a very young age.

Jari Sillanpää (2004) was born in Sweden, but I think he has always been a Finnish citizen.

12Points

so Americans had won Eurovision before....LOL,

How many naturalized singers/2nd generation immigrants had won Eurovision before?

If Monaco and Luxemberge got active again, Being a French citizen may be a good thing cos its 3 chances to be in eurovision.

Switzerland seemed to be foreign representer friendly, cos before the Estonian band you said there is Celine Dion. I guess to be an acceptable Representative of Switzerland I may have to learn German or French.

I heard a Half Indonesian Danish girl won for Denmark before, I am not sure though if she looks Asian or she passed as white. but if she looks Asian , It means an Asian immigrant may have a chance to win eurovision given the right song.

Oh did you mean Christina Chanée? she is half Thai-half Danish, not half Indonesian, if you still don't believe me just check at Wikipedia, Christina Chanée - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guilep

Miriam (:mt: 1996) is from Brazil
Rybak is from Belarus
Paparizou is from Sweden
Dave Benton (:ee: 2001) is from Aruba
Some Mandinga members are from Cuba
Soluna is from Guatemala

Top Bottom