4 1.4%

29 10.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

i anixi

Yes, but they could almost send anything and qualify for the final. But the hype mostly seems to be about Cha Cha Cha, even though Ylivoimanen is no. 1 on the finnish Spotify top 50 atm.
Thank you . Just listened to cha cha cha and wasn't overall very impressed. It reminded me of something sent by Austria once. It was called trackshittaz or something like that . I liked it at the time but it flopped horribly . Will have to listen to the other one you mention!

b4ld3r

If both Bess or Erika Vikman didn't win past years, why do people expect Käärijä to be the Finnish language act able to pull through? Especially when there are more "credible" songs, in English as well, in the running?

Last edited:

Bobjan FR

If both Bess or Erika Vikman didn't win past years, why do people expect Käärijä to be the Finnish language act able to pull through? Especially when there are more "credible" songs, in English as well, in the running?

Because of the success of the song in finland, and the system giving 75% to public, it might be possible.

PlasticToad

Although I think my location tag makes it clear who my winner is (I fell in love with Hoida mut from the first viewing :love:) I can really say I would be happy with almost any winner here. I knew it would take Ylivoimainen and Something to Lose a little while to grow on me, but now they have and they've joined my top tier alongside Hoida mut, Cha Cha Cha and No Business on the Dancefloor.

And I can't even say I dislike the other two songs... I just find them alright. Which in this selection is not enough. I am really looking forward to the 25th. I can't even be sure of who will win, despite how 'obvious' Cha Cha Cha seems right now.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran

What more "credible" songs? Most of the Finnish-language entries in this selection sh*ts on the English language ones (sorry for the vulgar language).

heke1988

Kuuma's "Ylivoimainen" has now along with Käärijä reached 2 million streamings on SPOTIFY.

b4ld3r

What more "credible" songs? Most of the Finnish-language entries in this selection sh*ts on the English language ones (sorry for the vulgar language).
I mean I agree, there's a reason why I put credible in quotation marks mind you lol. Just cautious to celebrate in advance

rasmuslights

Veteran
GO KUUMAA!

don't get me wrong I like Käärijä as well (like i'd be fine with anyone winning as long as it's not portion boys). but kuumaa has the potential to be my winner this year if they win (unlikely that they will tho)

LoveHate

https://yle.fi/aihe/a/20-10004045?u...share&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ylefiapp

With 8 languages is UMK going to be the first NF ever to have more language commentary options than songs?
Just yesterday I was trying to remember which languages they had commentary in last year. I don’t think they had time to fix commentary in Ukrainian, because it was two days after The Putin Federation attacked. If I recall correctly they cancelled the Russian commentary because they did not want to have Russian and no Ukrainian. This year they’ll have both:
-Finnish
-Swedish (Finland Swedish)
-English
-Finnish Sign Language
-North Sámi
-Inari Sámi
-Ukrainian
-Russian

One language that they’re apparently leaving out from last year is easy Finnish.

heke1988

The performance order of UMK 2023 will be:

1. Robin Packalen
2. KUUMAA
3. Käärijä
4. Keira
5. Benjamin
6. Lxandra
7. Portion Boys

PlasticToad

Hmmm. Not that running order matters so much in such a small final, but I can see three acts really benefiting from this - Käärijä and Lxandra stand out a lot compared to their neighbours, and Portion Boys are really the perfect closing act.

I imagine Robin is first to have the big name get everyone excited. Poor Keira, she may be a bit drowned out at that spot (though I also expect her to be very good live, so she might yet prove me wrong!).

Mainshow

Veteran
Since all songs are great and can "shine on their own", I think that all running order scenarios would be alright.

I´m just glad that they put Robin first since his entry is the weakest one (still contemporary and competitive, though).

I bims

Veteran
The performance order of UMK 2023 will be:

1. Robin Packalen
2. KUUMAA
3. Käärijä
4. Keira
5. Benjamin
6. Lxandra
7. Portion Boys
I don't think running order will matter that much but it still could hurt Robin, cause his song is not strong and the bangers afterwards will make the song be even more forgettable. (Portion Boys would be a better opener though. Start with a bang and then fizzle out quieter with Lxandra as the closing act.)

Benjamin has a good slot I think. Käärijä will take a lot of attention but after Keira as a "palette cleanser" that will have set in a bit and then he can slay again and will shine compared to Lxandra afterwards.

I'm ready to Cha Cha Cha or do what I gotta do, Finland. DON'T FUCK THIS UP AGAIN.

lasse braun

1. Robin Packalen
2. KUUMAA
3. Käärijä
4. Keira
5. Benjamin
6. Lxandra
7. Portion Boys
hey,i have learned here in the last years that the last or second last startplace is the best for the win in a single-digit acts final.
right?
hmmmxstars

Top Bottom