4 1.4%

29 10.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

aef

So here is my final ranking. OMG it's almost impossible to rank those songs because I want 4 out of 7 songs at Eurovision so badly.

1. KUUMAA - Ylivoimainen 10/10 - This song actually just became my #1 today. I LOVE the vibe of the song and their energy! The melody of the song is so uplifting!
2. Kääjiä - Cha cha cha 9,5/10 - It might not be my cup of tea outside Eurovision but inside the bubble I'm digging this so much. The songwriting! The music video! The costumes!
3. Benjamin - Hoida mut 8,5/10 - Another song with great energy and earworm quality. Wouldn't mind seeing this at Eurovision either.
4. Keira - No Business On The Dancefloor 8/10 - Also very enjoyable.
-----
5. Robin - Girls Like You 6,5/10 - Not completely the music I normally like but still a decent song. I don't need this at Eurovision though. He's like a more likable Ingroso somehow.
6. Portion Boys - Samaa taivasta katsotaan 3/10 This screams "made for Eurovision" in a bad way. All in all the song is quite basic.
7. Lxandra - Something To Lose 3/10 I absolutely can't stand her style of singing. Concerning the song, I'm not feeling anything when listening to this, it just leaves me without any emotions. 3 points because I guess there is some quality though.

Luneaux

I'm soo glad to see Kuumaa higher than 7-6th places here on this forum (on some people's top lists). Wherever I look they're last or second to last, I know someone has to finish last, that's how competitions work... (and my fear is that they will be on the bottom next month for real... mentally preparing for my Younghearted part 2... xcry) but I have a big dork smile right now listening to this song on repeat... Thinking, "I'm not alone, yay!" :love:

I'll vote for them and Käärijä, if Lxandra touch and tear my heart on live, I'll vote for her as well!

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm soo glad to see Kuumaa higher than 7-6th places here on this forum (on some people's top lists). Wherever I look they're last or second to last, I know someone has to finish last, that's how competitions work... (and my fear is that they will be on the bottom next month for real... mentally preparing for my Younghearted part 2... xcry) but I have a big dork smile right now listening to this song on repeat... Thinking, "I'm not alone, yay!" :love:

I'll vote for them and Käärijä, if Lxandra touch and tear my heart on live, I'll vote for her as well!

younghearted and kuumaa both my 1st... it's a shame music like that isn't appreciated.

heke1988

Updating Youtube views:

1. Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha: Over 455K views (Trending number one)
2. Keira - No Business On The Dancefloor: Over 343k (Trending number eleven)
3. Benjamin - Hoida mut: Over 296k views (Not trending)
4. Robin - Girls Like You: Over 206k views (Not trending)
5. Kuumaa - Ylivoimainen: Over 146k views (Not trending)
6. Lxandra - Something to Lose: Over 137k views (Not trending)
7. Portion Boys - Samaa taivasta katsotaan yli 124k (Trending number three)

Remembrance

Well, well, well... Finland... are you trying for that second win..?

Very strong selection.

My favorites:
Benjamin - Hoida mut
Käärijä - Cha cha cha
Lxandra - Something to Lose
Portion Boys - Samaa taivasta katsotaan

jatojo

My top 7:

1 - Käärjiä - Cha Cha Cha (10/10)
2 - Benjamin - Hoida Mut (9,5/10)
3 - Portion Boys - Samaa Taivasta Katsotaan (9/10)
4 - KUUMA - Ylivoimainen (9/10)
5 - Keira - No business on the dancefloor (9/10)
6 - Lxandra - Something to lose (8/10)
7 - Robin - Girls like you (6,5/10 the only underwhelming song in this selection, even if it's not that bad)

UMK is once again the best NF in Europe, now for three years in a row, imo.
Close to my top 7. (Only 1+2 and 3+4 would need to be swapped.)

shameless

I don't understand why in a selection with only 7 songs we have both Hoida mut and Ylivoimainen – they are so much alike and even people who like this generic 80s retro sound could only would for one of them meaning they steal each others thunder easily. It doesn't even make sense to me to rank between the two which one I prefer – they're basically the same to me after several listenings. 🤷
I guess my favorite is Cha Cha Cha. Keira is nice but would also look quite uninnovative for Finland to select.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I don't understand why in a selection with only 7 songs we have both Hoida mut and Ylivoimainen – they are so much alike and even people who like this generic 80s retro sound could only would for one of them meaning they steal each others thunder easily. It doesn't even make sense to me to rank between the two which one I prefer – they're basically the same to me after several listenings. 🤷
I guess my favorite is Cha Cha Cha. Keira is nice but would also look quite uninnovative for Finland to select.

hoida mut and ylivoimainen though both having 80's vibes are still very different. one is very campy and the other is not at all. not to mention the lyrics.

heke1988

Today's SPOTIFY Finland Top 50 streamlist (UMK songs): Käärijä has almost 200k streamings:O.

1. Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha (199692 streamings)
3. Portion Boys - Samaa taivasta katsotaan (124244 streamings)
4. KUUMAA - Ylivoimainen (123315 streamings)
7. Benjamin - Hoida mut (72373 streamings)
9. Keira - No Business On The Dancefloor (70388 streamings)
16. Robin - Girls Like You (49019 streamings)
27. Lxandra - Something To Lose (32631 streamings)

Today's UMK videos youtube views:

1. Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha (Over 542k views: Trending number one)
2. Keira - No Business On The Dancefloor (Over 374k views: Trending number eleven)
3. Benjamin - Hoida mut (Over 323k views: Not Trending)
4. Robin Packalen - Girls Like You (Over 227k views: Not trending)
5. Portion Boys - Samaa taivasta katsotaan (Over 188k views: Trending number two)
6. KUUMAA - Ylivoimainen (Over 180k views: Not trending)
7. Lxandra - Something To Lose (Over 152k views: Not trending)

aef

I’m sorry but what on earth are you writing?! They’re two totally different songs, I would‘nt even say Ylivoimainen has got an 80s sound, it’s more an 90s sound to me. But anyway, your opinion that they should only have one of these two songs in the NF because they are so similar doesn’t make any sense to me at all!

Last edited:

mercachita

Finland, you are amazing. Never quit being true to yourself. This is an exceptional national final. I am amazed by the quality Finns gave this year. I am speechless! It's just so good to see a small line-up with the essentials and more songs in their native language than in English. I am happy that Finland found their way to give us one of the best national finals every year.

1. Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha

2. KUUMA - Ylivoimainen
3. Benjamin - Hoida mut

4. Lxandra - Something To Loose
5. Keira - No Business on the Dancefloor
6. Robin. - Girls Like You

7. Portion Boys - Samaa taivasta katsotaan

I will be happy with one of my top 3 but I really have a feeling for Cha Cha Cha xlove

heke1988

Today's UMK videos Youtube views:

Tämänpäiväiset UMK 2023-kappaleiden katselumäärät:

1. Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha: over 615K views (Trending number one)
2. Keira - No Business On The Dancefloor: over 400k views (Trending number eighteen)
3. Benjamin - Hoida mut: over 345k views (Not trending)
4. Robin - Girls Like You: over 243k (Not trending)
5. Portion Boys - Samaa taivasta katsotaan: over 228k (Trending number three)
6. Kuumaa - Ylivoimainen: over 207k views (Not trending)
7. Lxandra - Something to Lose: over 163k views (Not trending)

Miss Antartica

Sound much the UMK 202 ediction with the super favourite Cicciolina but won a boring ballad, i think the winner is Robin

Ajeje Brazorf

Today's UMK videos Youtube views:

Tämänpäiväiset UMK 2023-kappaleiden katselumäärät:

1. Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha: over 615K views (Trending number one)
2. Keira - No Business On The Dancefloor: over 400k views (Trending number eighteen)
3. Benjamin - Hoida mut: over 345k views (Not trending)
4. Robin - Girls Like You: over 243k (Not trending)
5. Portion Boys - Samaa taivasta katsotaan: over 228k (Trending number three)
6. Kuumaa - Ylivoimainen: over 207k views (Not trending)
7. Lxandra - Something to Lose: over 163k views (Not trending)

Portion Boys doing lowkey great... Their song was the last to be spoiled, but still rising. I never mind, because they are in my personal top 3 and they won't win UMK, but I'm still happy. Lyrics are maybe not the best, but they are going me happy vibes. I kinda like them.

heke1988

Portion Boys doing lowkey great... Their song was the last to be spoiled, but still rising. I never mind, because they are in my personal top 3 and they won't win UMK, but I'm still happy. Lyrics are maybe not the best, but they are going me happy vibes. I kinda like them.
They have a big fan base in Finland, so their high views and trending in Finland isn't surprise.

Here is today's UMK songs on Finland TOP 50 SPOTIFY List:

1. Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha (153911 streamings)
3. KUUMAA - Ylivoimainen (105176 streamings)
5. Portion Boys - Samaa taivasta katsotaan (82453 streamings)
7. Benjamin - Hoida mut (61400 streamings)
8. Keira - No Business On The Dancefloor (59206 streamings)
17. Robin - Girls Like You (38297 streamings)
36. Lxandra - Something To Lose (24416 streamings)

Top Bottom