Contact us

FIFA World Cup 2022

Looren

Veteran

ESC94

This is why I refused to go there with my uncle in November, I'll watch this World Cup but I'll never go in such a shitty country

This time I´m not gonna even do that. I´ll only use live tickers to know how :de: plays, but nothing more. Giving the World Cup to :qa: was the most stupid idea FIFA ever had!!

Looren

Veteran
This time I´m not gonna even do that. I´ll only use live tickers to know how :de: plays, but nothing more. Giving the World Cup to :qa: was the most stupid idea FIFA ever had!!

I agree that giving WC to Qatar was stupid !

Also I totally respect and understand that you won't watch it, can't blame you at all xheart

Looren

Veteran
:ma: separated from their coach, I think it's a good decision, he totally was dragging our team down, now we maybe have a chance to do a decent WC

Looren

Veteran
Yesterday night ended the last international games before WC (some teams will have on game in like November but we got the essential this week)

Am gonna analyze the teams performances, let's start group by group

A group :

Qatar : Started with a difficult game against Canada, lost 2 - 0 with a very average performance, but they had quite a nice reaction by snatching the draw against Chile (2 - 2) after a very good game

Senegal : Did a very solid performance against Bolivia (winning 2 - 0) then drawed Iran (1 - 1), against Iran they had some problems with their passes, however they dominated the match and could've scored like 3 goals, but the goalie and defender Hajsafi saved their team several times

Ecuador : Two draws for them against Saudi Arabia and Japan (0 - 0 for both games), quite solid team but has some issues scoring goals

The Neds : Looks very solid, beated Poland 2 - 0 after a convincing performance, then beated Belgium 1 - 0, they look quite strong for World Cup, big out-sider

B group :

England : Suffered a very disappointing loss against Italy (1 - 0) and drawed Germany after a thrilling game (3 - 3), their attack looks strong but gosh their defense is sooo weak, Maguire should be benched

Iran : Probably one of the most solid teams in these friendly games, beated Uruguay (1 - 0) and snatched the draw against Senegal (1 - 1), Azmoun seems in a stunning form and I can see Iran being an underdog this year, their defense is very solid and they have players who can score

USA : Disappointing run from them, lost 2 - 0 against Japan and drawed Saudi Arabia (0 - 0), but I won't judge them on these game since they missed their two stars, Weah and Pulisic

Wales : They lost 2 - 1 against Belgium and 1 - 0 against Poland, but I thought they played quite well in both games, and they also missed their maestro Ramsey, they could be dangerous in their group tbh, they have a good team

C group :

Argentina : They crushed Honduras and Jamaica 3 - 0, so far thet look like the strongest team with Brazil, nothing much to say that y'all don't already know

Polen : They did quite a weak game against The Neds (lost 2 - 0) but were good against Wales and won 1 - 0, they seem quite solid even if I don't understand why their coach doesn't align a tandem Milik/Lewandowski in attack

Mexico : Hard to judge since I didn't watch the games, beating Peru 1 - 0 seems like a solid performance, and a loss 3 - 2 against Colombia doesn't seem that bad, I don't know tbh

Saudi Arabia : Solid performances there, snatching two draw against Ecuador and USA (0 - 0 for both) which are stronger teams, they have a pretty good defense but the attack looks weak, they probably won't make it to the round of sixtenn but can be a rough challenge

D group :

France : Nice win against Austria first (2 - 0) but then a big loss against Denmark (2 - 0), their team had a lot of injuries tho so hard to judge, but from what I read the cohesion in the team isn't at it's best, Mbappe being a drama queen lmao, can the curse of last winner continue with them ?

Denmark : Disappointing loss against Croatia (2 - 1) but very solid performance against France, to me they look like the WC dark horse, a very good team with a nice play to watch, also they were semi-finalists in last Euro and seem to continue being strong

Tunisia : Solid performance by beating the Comoros (1 - 0) but then a big fiasco against Brazil (lost 5 - 1), seems like they will have a hard time but I wouldn't write them off, they can surprise us !

Australia : They played two games against New Zealand and won both (1 - 0 and 2 - 0), solid stuff overall but I don't think playing two games against the same opponent is the best way to prepare World Cup ?

E group :

Germany : Suffered a disappointing loss against Hungary (1 - 0) and then drawed England, for them I have the same comment that England's one

Spain : Disappointing loss against Swiss (2 - 1) and then solid victory against Portugal (1 - 0) from what I saw they play quite poorly tho, but I believe that they'll be strong at WC, one of the favourites

Japan : Solid stuff by beating USA 2 - 0 and snatching the draw against Ecuador (0 - 0), being in this group is a very hard challenge for them, but I believe they can make the two ogres above doubt against them

Costa Rica : Quite nice performances overall from them, a draw against South Korea (2 - 2) and a victory against Uzbekistan (2 - 1), but I think they're dead on arrival this year, I can't see them qualifying at all

F group :

Belgium : Oh man am worried, the performance against Wales was good (won 2 - 1), but against The Neds it was bad (lost 1 - 0), I don't understand Martinez's choices overall, Belgium looks in trouble to me but I hope they can still make a nice World Cup

Morocco : Very solid performance against Chile (won 2 - 0) but then a disappointing result against Paraguay despite playing really well (0 - 0), the new coach did changes that made the team so much better, our play is beautiful to watch for once but we just miss a scorer

Croatia : They are back for real, very solid performances against Denmark and Austria (won 2 - 1 and 3 - 1), you should never underestimate these dudes, based on last months performances they are the big fave of the group, but like I said earlier I can see everyone qualifying and everyone missing in this group so they are not 100% safe

Canada : Good performance against Qatar (won 2 - 0) but were dominated by Uruguay (lost 2 - 0), their play is nice to watch tbh but they still seem to try to find where to put Davies, (they tried LB, LW and AM), the dark horse of the group

G group :

Brazil : Man there's impressive stuff there, they totally crushed Ghana and Tunisia (3 - 0 and 5 - 1), if you ask me they're the big favourites of this year's cup, but surprises can happen

Switzerland : Very solid stuff there, they beated Spain 2 -1 and then dominated Czech Rep (3 - 1), Switzerland is always a very difficult team to play against, can't wait to see what they're going to do this year

Serbia : Oh man here is a dark horse, they crushed Sweden (4 -1) and beated Norway 2 - 0, their attack is impressive, solid midfield and good defense, these dudes will be very hard to play against, and I clearly see them as a strong dark horse

Cameroon : This is disappointing, some months ago they looked very strong but this month's performances are poor, they lost against Uzbekistan and South Korea (2 - 0 and 1 - 0), well my dear Eto'o, I think you're one to blame by puting some much pressure in these guys telling them they should win World Cup

H group :

Portugal : Convincing win against Czech Rep (4 - 0) and disappointing loss against Spain (1 - 0) I don't think they deserved to lose that game tho, they looks very solid imo, we shouldn't underestimate them !

Uruguay : Disappointing loss against Iran (1 - 0) but then a convincing win against Canada (2 - 0), they look strong as always, but maybe a bit less that last edition, can they be the shock NQ ?

South Korea : Nice stuff from them, a draw against Costa Rica (2 - 2) and a win against Cameroon (1 - 0), they can bring the surprise but they still seem way weaker that Portugal and Uruguay

Ghana : How poor man, but am not surprised since they qualified with luck, they got crushed by Brazil (3 - 0) and had a hard time beating Nicaragua (1 - 0), I wonder how they even qualified man, I wouldn't even rank them in Africa top 10 (I don't even know if I can rank them in African top 15 actually ?), I just hope they'll get better and not embarass themselves in WC

Holy shit that was long :lol:

Last edited:

Realest

Wont watch a single Match, but anyway... heres my Top32 before the Show:

ESC94

There´s absolutely no "World Cup fever" in :de: at the moment, you can hardly find any merch in the shops despite it being only three weeks away.

Looren

Veteran
There´s absolutely no "World Cup fever" in :de: at the moment, you can hardly find any merch in the shops despite it being only three weeks away.

Wow really ?

Here it's literaly fire and no one can wait anymore (I personnally can't either xD)

ShoeFlo

:jp: squad:

308151286_6061648803859241_3840642144028618688_n.jpg

I am not an expert, but I really don't understand why they didn't call up Kyogo Furahashi who is in such a great shape at Celtic. Looking at the squad I don't really know who is supposed to score (apart from Kamada).
And Sugawara? Where is he? Talented youngster with great perspective
I also expected Genki Haraguchi to be part of the squad since he is just having a great time with Union Berlin in the Bundesliga.
Well... all in all, lots of question marks.
I hope Itakura gets ready on time since he is still recovering from a knee injury. He can be a key player in the defense

ShoeFlo

As expected the Costa Rica squad is awful and very unexperienced... the golden generation of 2014 is long gone

They'd need two Keylor Navas' in goal to keep their sheet clean against Germany and Spain

talents are scarce... The only interesting youngster to watch is Jewison Bennette who is taking his first steps in the Championship at Sunderland.. he's a winger with some good agility and he is good in 1vs1

Since tonight we know Germany will go to WC without Timo Werner.... it's a tragedy for him and I am sorry. From a sporting point of view this is not a big loss though. Without space he is almost useless and he pissed me off in plenty of Germany matches in the last couple of years.

Now I am optimistic Flick is gonna call up Niklas Füllkrug as he is maybe our best "number 9" atm... the type of strikers you can feed with high crosses as he has some terrific heading skills. Would be a honour to see a Werder Bremen player in a German dress for the first time since... I dont know... countless years.

But there is some competition.... Kevin Volland scored a hattrick tonight for AS Monaco, Flick should have his name on the list, too.

Realest

Costa Rica 2014 is overrated anyway.
Greece should have won back then.
Greece vs Netherlands would have been such a great Match...

Looren

Veteran
Costa Rica 2014 is overrated anyway.
Greece should have won back then.
Greece vs Netherlands would have been such a great Match...

Well Greece qualified to round of sixteen 'cause one of their player dived against Ivory Coast and referee was blind so no :lol: :lol:

Coming 1st in a group with England, Uruguay and Italy is a stunning performance so no they were not overrated

Oh wait, they're not Europeans, so yeah of course you think they're overrated lmao

ShoeFlo

:br: is the third (I think?) team to reveal their full squad. Thinking of how many possibilities they've got in the forward line makes me dizzy...there is no football nation like Brazil. Huge contender

314956422_10160429074682640_430020518906036396_n.jpg

Top Bottom