Contact us

Eurovision Young Musicians 2022

EDC0708

Eurovision Young Musicians is returning in 2022 after a four year break, following the 2020 contest in Croatia being postponed due to the pandemic, and ultimately not taking place that year.
The 2022 contest will be a co-production between France and Poland, the first time a Eurovision event has had two host countries, and will be hosted in Montpellier on the 23rd July.

Only nine countries will take part, the running order is:
:hr: Croatia
:fr: France (Co-host)
:pl: Poland (Co-host)
:de: Germany
:at: Austria
:no: Norway
:be: Belgium
:se: Sweden
:cz: Czech Republic

Thanks Mods for moving this to the new sub forum! :)

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
I'll try to :)

AlekS

Veteran
I'm watching via TVP.

:hr: He's too concentrated on the music piece and I'm not a fond when musicians verbally repeat orchestra's notes, but I love watching his fingers xheart He was too relaxed at times, but I like the culmination. Piano is my weakness, so I'm gonna be especially demanding.

:fr: It's a little bit weird seeing under-16 musicians and contraddictive with ESC rules, but come thru prodigies, afterall it's called young musicians)). The way he started, I thought he was going to win the whole thing, but he made a few minor mistakes afterwards.

:pl: xcheerxviolin She's technically great, but emotionally cold. I like Poland more, so far. Polish commentator is low-key shading her, saying that he liked this performance more than her previous one.

Last edited:

EDC0708

Enjoying it so far, they all play so well. Wonder if this is the first Eurovision event in a long time to not feature any of the presenting in English!

AlekS

Veteran
:de: Not my fave piece of Tchaikovsky, but I love how involved he is. He lives through this piece, he's one with the orchestra and he perfectly knows his instrument. Technically awesome xclap

:at: Charismatic, expressive, super talented. He's good with pauses. I don't know whom to choose xhelp To me it's between Germany and Austria so far.

:no: xviolinThis is what Poland lacked, emotions. However, I like Polish technics just a little bit more. I feel that she was separate from the orchestra, but it helped to concentrate on her playing skills. The dress xheat

I like how each of these 3 incorporated their countries' style. I can tell with closed eyes whose country is this.

Last edited:

EDC0708

:fr: It's a little bit weird seeing under-16 musicians and contraddictive with ESC rules, but come thru prodigies, afterall it's called young musicians)).
Didn't spot that he is only 15, he did very well for a young age.

Edit: Norway also just 15.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
:be: I wasn't fond of the beginning, but she compensated everything further. I like me emotional players with full understanding of what they're playing. But Germany wins this cello battle for me.

:se: I enjoyed the orchestra a lot, what a beautiful piece. Imho, his part sounded muffled, but kudos for diversity and he was in sync with the orchestra. Too shy tho.

:cz: What an interesting version of Shostakovich. He totally suits this piece. The hardest piece to play and he managed perfectly. In his own way.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Yas! I was almost right. Norway is my personal #4.

Congratulations :cz: Czech Republic! I've got winner vibers almost immediately. But everyone was awesome, not a single weak participant.
What a wonderful night.

Last edited:

EDC0708

Great to read all your comments on the performances @AlexS :) - it was a great show.

They were all fantastic, and definitely a worthy winner!

Only drawback of this edition for me was all the judges comments being in French only, my French isn't good enough to make out what was said, but at least the results were in English as well.

Skymnos

I know I'm kind of late lol, but I second everything said above.
Watched the concert, it was so delightful.
Daniel Matejča is a well-deserved winner. Congrats to him, wish he has a great future career.

Top Bottom