Contact us

Eurovision song contest 2010 - Second semi-final DISCUSSION

lolip

Well semi final 2 is over and I had 9/10 correct.Actually I thought that Croatia was going to pass instead of Cyprus...
I had a feeling that Anna wouldn't have passed to the final. Too bad,she was good. But the biggest surprise for me was Ukraine. OMG such an outstanding performance! I think that the winner this year will be either Ukraine or Israel...I feel televoting will vote for Ukraine and the juries for Israel. I just hope Ukraine wins because this is something completely different in Eurovision and Alyosha was just AMAZING!!!!!

So I think the top 5 will be like this in Saturday
1.Ukraine
2.Israel
3.Azerbaijan
4.Ireland
5.Germany

Kristi

Blush said:
i think ukraine will win! her voice is too powerfull and too perfect to be forgotten...and don't forget this year is the big surprises year after all..germany next to fall down!

Germany is alredy fallen dear

alca

My Sweden is out too! :cry: :cry: Now it's Hera's time! :twisted: :twisted:

hawadharma

The winner of Eurovision 2010 has to be from this semi-final.

My bets:

1. TURKEY
2. ISRAEL
3. ARMENIA

I think these three songs appeals to the vast majority. :D

Margerita86

FallenAngelII said:
I told you so, I told you so, I told you so.

Who's the master of predicting how well Sweden will do? I am! Make a better selection next year, Sweden. Salem al Fakir would've at least gone through to the final!
Or Eric Saade or even Ola, the international juries really liked him remember?

hawadharma

Oh God, I already forgotten how Sweden and Ireland songs sound like :lol:

Slovakia from first semi and now Croatia didn't qualify! :shock: I'm really shocked!

theonewithesc

Croatia? I just can't believe it, they were good, their song was good, everything was good, but why? =S I think they were 10th but the jury gave this last place to some other country (probably Israel, he gave me headache more than maNga's camera shots did).

I still can't believe that Croatia couldn't make it =S

Ukraine's performance was really good, also Georgia's, they sang amazing!

I'm really curious about this semi's outcome and ofcourse very excited about the final!

Congratulations to all qualifiers!!! =)

PS: Does cameraman or do people in the airing room (?) knew the results before they were revealed?

Deltage

Azerbaijan was great in my opinion.
I was a bit disappointed with Armenia, I liked the music video more. She looked like she was trying to copy Safura, although I'm sure she wasn't since I'm familiar with these countries' attitude towards each other.
Bulgaria reminds me of one Estonian artist who is sort of similar, only Bulgaria was like 100 times better.
Sweden and Croatia were actually pretty interesting and I would have liked them to qualify. By the way the Swedish singer kind of reminded me of Taylor Swift.
I'm pretty sure Ireland wouldn't get that much praise and possibly jury votes if she wasn't a former winner.
Turkey was one of the most memorable acts, this nu-metal kind of thing is interesting for ESC although I didn't like the flashing lights. But at least the lighting made it stand out.

And the interval act with the hip-hop dancing was easily the best ever.

wapiti

I'm so glad Türkiye, Ukraine and Georgia qualified. Other songs, I also like. My first and for now the last ESC vote went to Ukraine. I like that song indeed.

KilledByShoes

theonewithesc said:
PS: Does cameraman or do people in the airing room (?) knew the results before they were revealed?
My guess is that they have several cameras there and then the director chooses who they'll show. Because, yes, it does seems like they know who's going to qualify and honestly, I don't like it very much. I'm not too excited about the greetings either, I liked postcards. The greetings are small and compared to the shiny, colourful set in Oslo they look quite silly.

94ayd

Poor Croatia, I was hoping they'd get the last one but Denmark isn't too bad. Thank God, Sweden finally flopped. :twisted: :lol:

I voted 2 times for Romania, 2 times for Croatia and once for Ireland. :mrgreen:

So, I'm very happy about: Romania, Ireland, Turkey, Armenia (it's growing off me), Denmark, Ukraine
I also like: Azerbaijan, Georgia
More than dreadful: Cyprus and Israel (my bottom 2 of the semi)

Happy Bulgaria didn't get through, though there was a major improvement. ;)

FallenAngelII

KilledByShoes said:
theonewithesc said:
My guess is that they have several cameras there and then the director chooses who they'll show. Because, yes, it does seems like they know who's going to qualify and honestly, I don't like it very much. I'm not too excited about the greetings either, I liked postcards. The greetings are small and compared to the shiny, colourful set in Oslo they look quite silly.
It was probably a freak coincidence that the very first two qualifiers were both the last countries to be shown before the opening of the envelopes.

tooom

I think the main reason why Sweden was left out is that Cyprus had a better performance and a less forgettable song.

I didn't really have a personal favorite in this semi in advance, but Georgia was really, really good.

With a performance like that Azerbaijan ain't gonna win.

Norrbotten

Almost depressing. What's the point in watching the final now. :|

We came 4th with Malena Ernman in the semi final last year, and we can't even qualify with Anna Bergendahl? :(

ParadiseES

This year that was supposed to be the one with the fairest results because of the 50-50 is being the weirdest ever.
Yeah, we have every year some shocks. But this year we've had three (Slovakia, Croatia and Sweden) from the favourites that didn't make it. That's just a disgrace and also very weird. something's just not going well :(

Alexu

ParadiseES said:
This year that was supposed to be the one with the fairest results because of the 50-50 is being the weirdest ever.
Yeah, we have every year some shocks. But this year we've had three (Slovakia, Croatia and Sweden) from the favourites that didn't make it. That's just a disgrace and also very weird. something's just not going well :(

wow, 3 from your top 5, are out :shock: :lol:

ParadiseES

Alexu said:
ParadiseES said:

wow, 3 from your top 5, are out :shock: :lol:

Oh, I didn't notice :lol:

But well, I wasn't meaning my top, but all tops done here and another website, forums and odds. Slovakia, Sweden and Croatia were in the top-10 in most of them and it's very weird to have three favourites aout ;)

razi

I,m the only one who thinks that the song of Israel is too powerfull for his voice, he couldn,t keep it at the end.Ukraine....uaaaau, and Turkye double uaaau.

Top Bottom