Contact us

Eurovision song contest 2010 - First semi-final - DISCUSSION

tooom

hawadharma said:
SERBIA was fun to watch and listen to. But something lacks from the singer.
Is it only me or he really looked like a mannequin? :eek:

He (?) doesn't look human. One of the better entries in semi-final 1 though...

hawadharma

Earlier I thought Poland song was horrible, but the performance tonight was not bad.
But not good either,
I just can't stand the dancers, it's ok NOT to have dancers, really.
There is no need for dancers. Oh, I said that three times. :lol:

hawadharma

tooom said:
hawadharma said:
SERBIA was fun to watch and listen to. But something lacks from the singer.
Is it only me or he really looked like a mannequin? :eek:

He (?) doesn't look human. One of the better entries in semi-final 1 though...

Just have to close your eyes and enjoy the song. :lol:

evilperson

AlekS said:
Bojan said:
Ukriane is qualifiying too! that girl can sing he ass off and the perfomance as I saw it from the rehearsal is very effcetive! similar as Bosnia....
^ it doesn't matter... I'm afarid of prejudiced attitude from the jury. I mean we already have problems with organizers for the 2nd year straight. Loboda could perform in the air if they didn't prohibit her (even though we saw flying Bilan and rememebr the interval act with water?). This year they prohibited a simple gimmick trick. Now look at Belarus' and their huge--s curtains, lol. What's allowed for some people is not allowed for others ))) I'm wondering if the juries are gonna have the same attitude.
I'm not sure about televoters at all. We have no chances against Azerbaijan, Armenia and Turkey. I'm sure that the most high points from our neighbours can be granted for Georgia too.
I doubt we can hope on other countries :lol: so, we have no immigrants, average points from 4 neighbours and a lot of 0's :D Many people will be happy! yay! :mrgreen:

Ukraine isn't the only country to have their gimmicks denied. The same happened to Romania who in 2005 wanted fire on stage in Kiev but it was rejected (Ruslana had fire in the opening), and in 2006 they wanted dancers to be suspended from the ceiling (Helena Paparizou's dancers were suspended in the opening too). Also I don't think a gimmick would really be useful for Alyosha, it would probably distract from her vocals (the main feature) rather than aid her.

Also the Belorussian curtains are actually a set piece used in many of the songs this year so its not really something they get exclusively.

Sandy

I am upset i missed it i was not feeling good and fall asleep on the couch until morning ..is there any place that show it again to watch it..

Sim

Finally!

Thank you so much :D That was not good for my heart.
After Belarus, portugal and russia were announced I had the feeling we won't qualify.
But we did :D ! thx :D

Moldova: didn't like too much, but ok I can understand why the qualify
Russia: one word!: wtf!
Estonia: I expected it
Slovakia: she was too nervous
Finland: they should have qualified!
Latvia: the singing was not good
Serbia: deserved it!
Bih: I liked the performance, so I expected it
Poland: It was not my cup of tea, so not surprised.
Belgium: I liked the performance, I sung one time false, but well dome Tom :D
Malta: deserved not to go through
Albania: very good song!!
Greece: loved the song!! winner of this semi?
Portugal: did not expect it but ok
Macedonia: was not good
Belarus: diaspora voting I think:)
Iceland: deserved it the most!!!!

So conclusion:
I love 7 of 10 qualifiers

BTW, the show was really boring!

Enigma

Well,my quick comments...

Bosnia&Herzegovina - Very professional.Amazing voice,great performance!
Moldova - An ordinary disco stuff.Pretty nice show though.
Russia - Interesting.Sometimes I like Peter's voice,sometimes I just can't stand that.At least the song has a meaning.
Greece - Amazing!Though his voice is not so strong but he can deliver the SHOW,he is so confident on the stage!And I simply love the song.
Portugal - The song which you forget after listening that.But the voice is nice.
Belarus - Gosh!Why almost all are "mad" about Belarus?Guys,the singers really can sing,so nice voices.OK,the song is cheesy but at least you aren't annoyed with nervous and mad shouting.
Serbia - How old is Milan?23,25?...He is already quite a professional singer and whether he wins Eurovision or not,even being in the 10th or 11th place,no matter,he is already an example of SINGING (of course,alongside with...)...
Belgium - What a romantic guy!What a romantic song!He is like a knight of Eurovision.I'm so glad that these kinds of songs are still lovable.
Albania - One of the strongest performances of the first semi-final!Divine voice!Very good song!
Iceland - Just shortly - she is a real professional.Again disco stuff,but what a voice!!!What a performance!!!

Estonia - I like Malcolm's song.A little bit "space"-y but quite cute.Unfortunately,this kind of experimental stuff are not in Eurovision style.Maybe an "Earth"-y song would be more "Eurovision"-ary?
Slovakia - Well,from rehersals it was obvious that Kristina simply can't sing live maybe because she is too nervous.Too bad 'cause the song is quite nice.
Finland - I love their song and really was sad that it didn't qualify.
Latvia - What for was Aisha shouting?She could SING only the last word-"Why".So...why?...
Poland - As I said before the most underrated song.
Malta - Amazing voice but the show...well,at least,that was not in my taste.
Macedonia - The huge mistake was those "modest" girls.But the song was very nice.

Congratulations to all the participants.After all,Eurovision is a show and I really enjoyed that.

chikos_2011

evilperson20 said:
AlekS said:
Bojan said:
Ukriane is qualifiying too! that girl can sing he ass off and the perfomance as I saw it from the rehearsal is very effcetive! similar as Bosnia....
^ it doesn't matter... I'm afarid of prejudiced attitude from the jury. I mean we already have problems with organizers for the 2nd year straight. Loboda could perform in the air if they didn't prohibit her (even though we saw flying Bilan and rememebr the interval act with water?). This year they prohibited a simple gimmick trick. Now look at Belarus' and their huge--s curtains, lol. What's allowed for some people is not allowed for others ))) I'm wondering if the juries are gonna have the same attitude.
I'm not sure about televoters at all. We have no chances against Azerbaijan, Armenia and Turkey. I'm sure that the most high points from our neighbours can be granted for Georgia too.
I doubt we can hope on other countries :lol: so, we have no immigrants, average points from 4 neighbours and a lot of 0's :D Many people will be happy! yay! :mrgreen:

Ukraine isn't the only country to have their gimmicks denied. The same happened to Romania who in 2005 wanted fire on stage in Kiev but it was rejected (Ruslana had fire in the opening), and in 2006 they wanted dancers to be suspended from the ceiling (Helena Paparizou's dancers were suspended in the opening too). Also I don't think a gimmick would really be useful for Alyosha, it would probably distract from her vocals (the main feature) rather than aid her.

Also the Belorussian curtains are actually a set piece used in many of the songs this year so its not really something they get exclusively.

I am confused...how are Belarus a part of favouritism? This is only the second time in the space of 5 years they have qualified. Don't get me wrong, the song is TERRIBLE!!! And all the songs mentioned as having special effects were the winners of the previous year? Paparizou, Ruslana, Bilan had large budgets, of course they could do those things for their song, Laboda, Romania have to stick to budget and a fair playing ground to all other countries. Im glad, this year seems very clear of favouritism. I believe that some of the best songs made it through, some of the worst too, but at least countries that havent made it often (Belgium, Belarus) get their chance.

Kristi

Im so sad about Finland,Estonia and Malta failing,but I'm so happy of Slovakia's epic fail :mrgreen:

Blush

the second semi will be a verrrry interesting one! if the first semi was so interesting with shocking results i can't wait to see who will pass in the second one. i have a feeling that Romania will not pass the semi.... :(

evilperson

chikos555 said:
evilperson20 said:
AlekS said:

I am confused...how are Belarus a part of favouritism? This is only the second time in the space of 5 years they have qualified. Don't get me wrong, the song is TERRIBLE!!! And all the songs mentioned as having special effects were the winners of the previous year? Paparizou, Ruslana, Bilan had large budgets, of course they could do those things for their song, Laboda, Romania have to stick to budget and a fair playing ground to all other countries. Im glad, this year seems very clear of favouritism. I believe that some of the best songs made it through, some of the worst too, but at least countries that havent made it often (Belgium, Belarus) get their chance.

Thats what I said about Belarus, the curtains are a set piece and if an act wanted them then they can be requested. Actually Latvia used them in their performance as well so its not something exclusive for Belarus only.

Budgets are irrelevant in this case, these were planned parts of the performances which would likely have been carried out but the problem is production or some other reasons. They cannot accommodate some requests because it interferes with some aspect of filming or setting the stage up in time or safety reasons. Actually I remember Luminita and Sistem were told that they couldn't have fire on stage in Kiev because the fire marshal deemed it unsafe.

Blush

i think Belarus got the final because of the butterfly wings and Latvia did not got the final because of her horror bath wrap/outfit. i know is a gospel outfit but still...

Hrvatska19

hmm i havent yet seen the semi because i am in australia..but i wish Slovakia made it!!! and Macedonia and Poland!! i dont want Bosnia, Russia or ESPECIALLY Belgium! :evil: :twisted:

I have a question..which country had the most supporters in the arena??

hawadharma

Blush said:
i think Belarus got the final because of the butterfly wings and Latvia did not got the final because of her horror bath wrap/outfit. i know is a gospel outfit but still...

yet Malta (also with wings) didnt qualify. :lol:

hawadharma

ALBANIA woke me up from my deep sleep. LOL. Great performance!!!!
My fav from semi final 1.. :D

Sim

Hrvatska19 said:
hmm i havent yet seen the semi because i am in australia..but i wish Slovakia made it!!! and Macedonia and Poland!! i dont want Bosnia, Russia or ESPECIALLY Belgium! :evil: :twisted:

I have a question..which country had the most supporters in the arena??

finland, serbia; belgium,greece and iceland

hawadharma

GREECE - music is too noisy. song is cheesy, maybe appeal to the mass, but not me. :mrgreen:

Top Bottom