Contact us

Eurovision preview shows

GRE

Last night was the first preview show in ert.
We saw the songs of the 1st semi + Sweden, France, Spain.
There were 3 juries.
1) Nikolas Raptakis (Freaky Fortune 2014)
2) Despina Olympiou (Cyprus 2013)
3) Mathildi Maggira (commentator in 2008 & 2009)

They had 4 options for each song Love-Like-Dislike-Hate.
They all loved Armenia-Azerbaijan-Cyprus-Malta-France-Sweden-Spain.
They also liked Hungary-Russia-Estonia-Iceland.
Worst comments were for Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro and San Marino.

GermanBango

Iceland:
CgP9qqUWQAEWK36.jpg

So their qualifiers from Semi 1 would be:
1. Netherlands
2. Malta
3. Iceland
4. Croatia
5. Armenia
6. Estonia
7. Russia
8. Cyprus
9. Azerbaijan
10. Hungary

11. Czech Republic
12. Moldova
13. Finland
14. Austria
15. Bosnia & Herzegovina
16. Greece
17. San Marino
18. Montenegro

aef

Montenegro in Icelandic is Svartfjallaland? :eek:

It's also quite funny for me that Switzerland is called "Sveits" in Norway. (see page 2) :lol: I don't exactly know why... It's "Schweiz" in German so "Sveits" looks quite weird to me... :lol:

aef

Madeline Juno is such a likeable person... I was quite positively surprised about how she explained the "Conchita gate" (I know I'm exaggerating with that term :lol:) concerning the German jury back in 2014... And I loved how she just said that If I were Sorry is a cheap copy of Catch and Release (although it's still one of her favourites :rolleyes:).

I really hope she comes back to Eurovision some day with a really good song!

GermanBango

Songcheck 2

We're so gonna get a shitty draw this year + We gonna be last in the Swedish preview again :lol:
One of our experts made clear that he isn't really fond of Sweden and that he's totally against the ESC becoming more and more Swedish.
And Madeline Juno (I love her so much) said that Sweden is her favorite this year but also that "If I were sorry" clearly is a plagiarism - Björkman won't be too happy about that.
Payback's a bitch, Sweden ;)

GermanBango

Btw according to our preview show following countries would qualify from Semi 1:
1. :at:
2. :ee:
3. :hu:
4. :cz:
5. :nl:
6. :hr:
7. :ru:
8. :am:
9. :is:
10. :sm: :lol:

aef

[MENTION=10896]GermanBango[/MENTION]: :lol: :lol: :lol: But they were sooo right with everything they said. I'm glad that they expressed their real opinion...

aef

Btw according to our preview show following countries would qualify from Semi 1:
1. :at:
2. :ee:
3. :hu:
4. :cz:
5. :nl:
6. :hr:
7. :ru:
8. :am:
9. :is:
10. :sm: :lol:

:sm: only because Jan Feddersen obviously fell in love with Serhat... xscared

hdplus

What I found pretty interesting besides the results were:
1. that the jury persons actually talk and discuss with each other. (I didn't actually know much about jury voting in general)
2. that Maddy actually changed her opinion from "I'm pretty sure I'm done with Eurovision" to "If somebody asks me and everything's working perfect in my life, I'd consider participating again". xheya

aef

Gordon_Shumway

Voting results of the 3rd German preview show:(...)

I haven't seen it yet (usually watch it on youtube the next day), but one look at this voting results makes me wonder if I should do this to myself at all. Rank 1 for an entry where I do not know if that noise without a melody is even related to "singing", and rank 2 for a land that has nothing to do with Eurovision.
Additionally reading your comment, I think it is safe to assume that this 3rd show is probably the least enjoyable of all four.

aef

I haven't seen it yet (usually watch it on youtube the next day), but one look at this voting results makes me wonder if I should do this to myself at all. Rank 1 for an entry where I do not know if that noise without a melody is even related to "singing", and rank 2 for a land that has nothing to do with Eurovision.
Additionally reading your comment, I think it is safe to assume that this 3rd show is probably the least enjoyable of all four.

OMG ok you might not like it but what's wrong with you? "Noise without a melody"? I am so grateful that with Heartbeat there is ANY modern song in this years contest! xfacepalm xslap Do you just like power ballads?

JamieBrown

This sweet satisfaction when they're reading out you're comment towards Ireland xheart

Show was pretty boring, since not only the experts shared their oppinion, even their points matched with the viewers score :| How I hate boredom and homogenity when it comes to music...

I kinda liked Leslie Clio, even though she didn't want to give less points than 5, but then again Thomas Mohr also was pretty harmless with the songs.

Gordon_Shumway

[MENTION=14677]aef[/MENTION]
Imagine, I am bold enough to afford my own musical taste and express my opinion here. I hope that's okay.
About Latvia: I loved last year's Aminata, and I hate this year's Justs. In my little, unimportant, unrepresentative musical taste (and maybe ONLY there) there is not much of a melody in that entry, and I think it is somewhere between singing and screaming. Should I lie just to please other users here? Hardly.
Of course I respect the opinions of others: they might hate Austria's entry which is for me the best ESC song of all 43 this year. 2014 I liked the Common Linnets, 2015 my favourites were Norway ("A Monster Like me"), Estonia ("Goodbye To Yesterday") and Belgium ("Rhythm Inside"), but I also liked Hungary ("Wars for Nothing"). Quite different, aren't they?

By the way: Privately I like to listen to classical music very much. ESC is not only interesting because of the music but also because of the competition and the discussions here in the forum.

VikingTiger

I've just wached rapidly through all the five finnish preview shows. The result?

:se: 40p (maximum 40)
:au: 39p
:at: 37p
:be: 36p
:nl: 36p
:it: 36p

Quites weird results. But the first place did not come as a surprise to me.

aef

[MENTION=6086]Gordon_Shumway[/MENTION]: I'm sorry for my first reaction but the word "noise" for Heartbeat is and was just too much for me... :eek: But of course you do have your own musical taste... ;)

Top Bottom