Contact us

EUROVISION 2020 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

hijirio

Veteran
I swear to God if Russia was hosting this year, they would be OK with broadcasting the contest from each country via satellite and call it a day, and carry on the next year with the winner. ..... ... . . . . . . .. I'm so mad .....

MalagaToledo

Banned
Someone mentioned that the selected songs will lready be outdated after a year. do you guys agree?

Synergise

This was going to be my very first time going to Eurovision. I haven't had a holiday in years and I was looking forward to this so much.
My disappointment is nothing compared to that the acts, delegations and producers must be feeling though.

It's definitely the right, sensible decision. But wow, this just sucks.

Ezio

Veteran
I am not sure about 2021 either for economic reasons. Some broadcasters could wreck within a year.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
If they dont allow artists and songs to stay for next year then im done with this show.

Would be extremly disrespectful.

Yep. Even in countries like Sweden with MF, the line up should stay the same as much as possible.

0scar

Devastated, sucks that it has to happen
Extra sucks that it has to happen in the year the Netherlands is hosting, I honestly hope we will be able to host next year otherwise it would be a huge disappointment

It is the best and right decision but damn heartbroken

cegs5

If they dont allow artists and songs to stay for next year then im done with this show.

Would be extremly disrespectful.
It is not a good business for anyone, non EBU either the artists, to have in competition “old songs”. It is a very romantic idea to have them all for next year, especially for fans, but not realistic. So I believe there will be a fully new selection of artists and songs, which is the most sensible thing to do, for the benefit of the contest and the artists themselves.

Vektor

I'm really curious. Does this mean no Hungary 2021 as well? Cause the countries, artists and songs remain the same I guess. I'm not a fan of theirs I'm just curious.

They will definitely allow countries to return next year, why wouldn't they? But we aren't coming back to ESC in the near future.

hijirio

Veteran
Even though I lost most of my faves to NF's, it's so sad for all the artists who put all the effort and won their national elections.

EscUKFan

Upsetting but expected, how many days till May 2021?

Decayingbooks

I think the normal rules of eurovision will apply to 2021.
The selected artists will be back if the broadcasters choose to invite them(like it hapenned with Yulia Samoylova) but the songs will not, they will have to be new unreleased songs.
Also in 2021 we could see Hungary and Montenegro back and others out of the contest, so the playing field should be the same for everyone

Daybreak

I support keeping the same songs for next year, but that creates other issues. Like how the 2021 editions of Eesti Laul, Melodifestivalen and all other selections, many of which are big festivals in their own right, should either be cancelled for the year (which wouldn't make sense if the coronavirus isn't that big of a problem by the beginning of the year) or their winners won't get to go to Eurovision.

Kairit

I hope the artists can be the same for next year, it's only right and fair, this situation sucks any way, but out of all the bad options, I would really like to see that. But I also expect and hope they will have new songs.

Citelis

How do you mean that? Keeping the same artists, but 'forcing' them to bring up a new song that fits the date rule seems more unrealistic to me.
They won't keep the same artists! My guess is that it will be up to the broadcasters.

Top Bottom