Contact us

EUROVISION 2020 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

popavapeur

I actually think it's pretty unfair.

But at this point some broadcasters (yes SVT i'm talking about you) are making big money with their annual contest and not holding it it's just pure lost of money.

It's the most """fair""" situation I could find. But I'm afraid even though the 2021winner is obviously better, people would vote for the 2020 to let it participate at it should have been.

LastDreamer

Banned
meanwhile at LastDreamer's house:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Eurovision is the top 2 trends on twitter in the UK, on the news etc.

Loindici

Veteran

tuorem

hold a 2021 edition and make a live voting between Melfest 2020 and 2021winners. The winner of this mega superfinal goes to ESC2021

And then Dotter comes back stronger, making fans all over Europe swoon, only to be defeated again at the last minute by the Mamas and "Move" :ROFLMAO: I'd bring the popcorn.

Yazy

One good thing about this situation is that people can now stop crying about their favorites not winning the national finals.

None of it matters in the end.

Nemo89

I hope the artists can be the same for next year, it's only right and fair, this situation sucks any way, but out of all the bad options, I would really like to see that. But I also expect and hope they will have new songs.
I, on the other hand, hope that each country will always choose the songs based on the national festival. I think that if Diodato (excellent artist like the other 40 performers) brings another song, the risk of failure increases. Diodato was perfect for "Fai rumore". Then ... if Diodato also wins "Sanremo 2021" and brings another great song I say "Ok" and I will support for him.

I believe that many nations that knew they could not win or enter the "Top 10" are breathing a sigh of relief as nations that had a good chance are regretting this canceled edition.

I hope Europe wins the health challenge. This is more important. Then, if the ESC committee decides to do a competition "behind closed doors" or online I will be very happy.

Daybreak

From the EBU FAQ:

Will the selected artists be able to perform their songs next year?
This is to be discussed with the Reference Group and the participating broadcasters and a decision will be communicated later.

hijirio

Veteran
Why couldn’t you have held the show remotely?
It’s in the DNA of the Eurovision Song Contest to bring delegations, artists and fans together in one place and provide an equal platform for all artists to compete together on the same stage and the same opportunity to shine. We felt that under the extreme circumstances we face this year, organizing the Eurovision Song Contest in another way would not be in keeping with our values and the tradition of the event.

Cancelling the contest is keeping with the tradition of the event??????

hijirio

Veteran
My dramatic ass:

awv0tgwt8ny21.jpg

Eulaliya

Guys, I know our Molitva didn't help and at the moment we can't Believe our eyes, the eyes that are crying Only Teardrops with the whole world Running Scared right now.
What we thought would become a Fairytale was not meant to be, not even in the shape of us coming together via a Satellite connection.
Although we feel like small town boys in a big Arcade, we must move forward, while not forgetting the Heroes of 1944 2020.
We need to show we're not grief's Toy: next year we will Rise Like a Phoenix out of the ashes.
In the meantime we hold tight onto eachother by Amar pelos dois and next year we will reach Euphoria again!

xlove

(credits to whoever made this beautiful poem.)

randajad

Veteran
I wa
Why couldn’t you have held the show remotely?
It’s in the DNA of the Eurovision Song Contest to bring delegations, artists and fans together in one place and provide an equal platform for all artists to compete together on the same stage and the same opportunity to shine. We felt that under the extreme circumstances we face this year, organizing the Eurovision Song Contest in another way would not be in keeping with our values and the tradition of the event.

Cancelling the contest is keeping with the tradition of the event??????
It could be easily done as in the early years, small venue, one or two cameras and just singers, and I would live for it.

And it could be easily done at a later date.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Capricorn really is the least fun of all signs of the Zodiac. Right now, we have the three powerhouses Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn, also Mars and today the Moon. This is Capricorn on acid crack. Capricorn takes the fun away for the sake of responsibility. It is unprecedent that Eurovision Song Contest, but other events of arts, sports and entertainment are also cancelled vigorously.

The Pluto-Saturn conjunction in Capricorn end of December 2019 to end of January 2019 kicked of the pandemic in the first place. The plutonic powerplanet stands for anything that scares us collectively and makes us feel powerless and Saturn always teaches tough lessons and asks uncomfortable questions. Together they make us feel feeble and crawl on our knees until we learn the tough lesson. Respect the planet, respect each other, respect your elders. While we are lost in Corona, our planet is recovering from pollution in the air and in the water, from mass tourism, transportation, etc. Massive Pluto aspects usually turn our lives upside down. When Pluto in the sign of travel Sagittarius opposed Saturn in the sign of commerce in 2001, hijacked planes crashed into the World Trade Center and sent us into the era of International terror. In 2008, when Saturn in the sign of the duly diligent Virgo, who always keeps her books in order, opposed shock actor Uranus in the immaterial and dreamy sign of Pisces, while Pluto transited from the everything is possible sign of Sagitarrius to the responsible and conservative sign of Capricorn, the bloated financial system crashed and sent World economy to Hell.

So, I would have never thought that Eurovision is something that would be cancelled like so. But in 2020 it makes the most sense, because astrologers already predicted life changing events in some form beforehand and Capricorn in its responsible way of thinking does not like distractions in the form of entertainment and "nonsense".

At least, next year promises more fun. Jupiter and Saturn in Aquarius will make up for many losses we suffer this year. 2021 looks like fun and dope and we will deserve it after all. Eurovision 2021 is gonna be remembered..

Chrisiam

Capricorn really is the least fun of all signs of the Zodiac. Right now, we have the three powerhouses Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn, also Mars and today the Moon. This is Capricorn on acid crack. Capricorn takes the fun away for the sake of responsibility. It is unprecedent that Eurovision Song Contest, but other events of arts, sports and entertainment are also cancelled vigorously.

The Pluto-Saturn conjunction in Capricorn end of December 2019 to end of January 2019 kicked of the pandemic in the first place. The plutonic powerplanet stands for anything that scares us collectively and makes us feel powerless and Saturn always teaches tough lessons and asks uncomfortable questions. Together they make us feel feeble and crawl on our knees until we learn the tough lesson. Respect the planet, respect each other, respect your elders. While we are lost in Corona, our planet is recovering from pollution in the air and in the water, from mass tourism, transportation, etc. Massive Pluto aspects usually turn our lives upside down. When Pluto in the sign of travel Sagittarius opposed Saturn in the sign of commerce in 2001, hijacked planes crashed into the World Trade Center and sent us into the era of International terror. In 2008, when Saturn in the sign of the duly diligent Virgo, who always keeps her books in order, opposed shock actor Uranus in the immaterial and dreamy sign of Pisces, while Pluto transited from the everything is possible sign of Sagitarrius to the responsible and conservative sign of Capricorn, the bloated financial system crashed and sent World economy to Hell.

So, I would have never thought that Eurovision is something that would be cancelled like so. But in 2020 it makes the most sense, because astrologers already predicted life changing events in some form beforehand and Capricorn in its responsible way of thinking does not like distractions in the form of entertainment and "nonsense".

At least, next year promises more fun. Jupiter and Saturn in Aquarius will make up for many losses we suffer this year. 2021 looks like fun and dope and we will deserve it after all. Eurovision 2021 is gonna be remembered..

Whilst reading that I just had the chanting bit of the Cleopatra track looping around in my head

Ezio

Veteran
That's great. I just don't relate to the Cleopatra song, because I already completely forgot it.

Zeus

Ehhm, I would kindly suggest to check your temperature and maybe consider two weeks quarantaine..

Top Bottom