Group I: :ch::il::ro::xk::by: Andorra

Group J: :pt::ba::is::lu::sk::li::

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
Well, many groups where we already know who are the two qualifiers

Group of death is probably the English one

Good draw for Belgium, we should win this group

Curious to see if Luxembourg can Q in group J and if Kosovo can also make it in group I

as78

Group A: Spain are clear favorites, fight for the 2nd place will be between Norway and Scotland. If think realistically Norway are slight favorites because they have more talented players and superstar Håland. On the other hand they wasted so many opportunities to qualify for big tournaments and now also to Nations League A, I think they can mess up it again. Georgia is improving and they will take points from top-3, but don't think they can qualify directly. But they will have their chance in the play-off and not small.
Group B: Netherlands and France should be 2 qualifiers. Bad draw for others. Greece will have chance in the play-off. Republic of Ireland won't qualify in any of ways.
Group C: I feel very sorry for Ukraine here. This is the group of death. Not only both finalists from the last EURO, but also Ukraine as one of the strongest teams from pot-3. And interesting that Italy will face North Macedonia who eliminated them from World Cup qualifiers. England usually do well in qualifiers so don't think that Nations League performance will continue. Though Italy is a very tough opponent for them and historically England usually lose and if Ukraine can take a bite... Anyway I think that Italy and England will qualify here. Ukraine will be in the play-offs (because enough teams from NL above them will qualify directly) and very possible will qualify in this way.
Group D: Croatia here are favorites, of course. The battle for 2nd between Wales and Turkey. Interesting that Latvia will face Turkey again. We played them pretty many times and have a good record. Of course the most memorable was 2003 when we met in play-offs (1-0 at home and 2-2 away) and Latvia qualified the only time in history for a big tournament - Euro 2004. There were 2 draws in Euro 2016 qualifying and draw 3-3 in World Cup 2022 qualifying, in the other game Latvia lost thanks to penalty given in the added time. Dangerous could be duel between Turkey and Armenia here knowing relations of these countries. I think Wales will qualify in the end. But really hope Latvia can take points from all opponents, except maybe Croatia.
Group E: On the first look Poland and Czechia are big favorites here. Though I think Albania can cause some problems to them. Though would be great to see Faroe Islands get 3rd place even it doesn't give anything.
Group F: Belgium should qualify. Very close battle for the 2nd spot between Austria and Sweden. A year ago I would say Sweden are favorites, but after this disastrous Nations League I don't know... Really worried for them. But hope they can make it as there won't be another chance, Sweden won't be in play-offs. Sweden was always one of my favorite teams and my heart bleeds, seeing what has been happening lately... not qualifying for World Cup and dreadful results in Nations League. The other teams won't have any chance here.
Group G: Serbia was very lucky with this draw. Not only they got Hungary from pot-1, but also not so strong nations from others. I don't think others can threaten Hungary either. Bulgaria is weak, but Lithuania is just really bad now. Montenegro can take points from favorites, but it won't be enough.
Group H: Denmark will qualify without problems, I think. Who will be 2nd? I would give more chance for Slovenia. Finland is good enough too to fight for it. I don't think Kazakhstan can continue their good form and luck from Nations League but they can take points especially at home. Northern Ireland will try but I don't think they will qualify. San Marino will end with 0 points.
Group I: I don't see any problems for Switzerland. And this is a great chance for Israel to qualify for EURO for the first time. Romania isn't really good lately, maybe Kosovo can surprise. Andorra can get points here and maybe even overcome Belarus. So big chance for debutant from this group (Israel or Kosovo)
Group J: Portugal will qualify, I'm sure. But here is a very interesting battle for 2nd spot among 4 nations. I think Bosnia and Herzegovina has the most chance of them and this would make them debutantes at EURO. But in this group I can see even Luxembourg to make it. Would be fantastic for them. Slovakia played bad Nations League campaign but they have chances here. Iceland unfortunately is going down now but this is not so strong group and they can make it too.

Looren

Veteran
:be: 3 - 0 :se:

Am really happy, this might be the first time since 2018 that I enjoyed watching our team play

EscGeek

Veteran
Look, a familiar face at the Italy vs England match :ROFLMAO:

Ellynora from UVPSM 2022 & 2023

JF-SPORT-PREVIEW-ANTHEM.jpg

Realest

Our Lil Bros :lu: keep getting better and better.

Realest

The Qualification Round continues this Week. Here a few "Highlights":

:en: vs :ua:
:tr: vs :am:
:cz: vs :al:
:rs: vs :hu:
:kz: vs :fi:
:sk: vs :pt:

Realest

:nl::gr: 3:0
:pl::fo: 2:0
:fr::ie: 2:0
:dk::sm: 4:0
:rs::hu: 1:2
:cz::al: 1:1
:sl: vs Northern Ireland 4:2

Nothing spectacular here.

Realest

:sc: almost qualified already.
:lu: 2:0 vs :is: at the Moment.

Realest

:de: 1:4 :jp:

Realest

What happened to :pl:?

JenJen94

England supporter here. They really weren't that great the other day :ROFLMAO: I mean I think they'll qualify no problem like Scotland but still xshrug

As for Germany they're after Julian Nagelsmann I think...showed interest in Klopp but I think he'll stay at Liverpool

Realest

What's even more surprising was the 2:1 win over France in the next game. I have no clue what is happening?! xcrazy

A new trainer happened.

Top Bottom