Contact us

Estonia ESTONIA 2024 - 5miinust & Puuluup - (nendest) narkootikumidest ei tea me (küll) midagi

How do you rate this entry?

37 25.7%

18 12.5%

15 10.4%

10 6.9%

13 9.0%

9 6.3%

4 2.8%

8 5.6%

3 2.1%

10 6.9%

17 11.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

rasmuslights

Veteran
Yeah, people who like countries to send relevant acts should be happy! 5Miinust is one of the more popular bands we have right now and Puuluup are well known & respected in their genre. :giggle: Definitely not some random unknowns who only show up in Eesti Laul every other year. :LOL: Tho' personally I don't mind those either, whoever has a good song is fine by me, big name or small name. :giggle: But it's nice to have big names take interest, might encourage some others who have been apprehensive before. Still hope Tommy Cash will show up someday, or Kerli could try again! Would add some interesting variety. :giggle:

I do hope they can go back to two semis again next year, but if they must keep the AQ system, at least have 7 songs qualify from the semi. I guess the end results were pretty evenly spread overall, between the AQs and semi qualifiers. :unsure: Wasn't the case of all AQs being placed 6-10 or something. :LOL: But the semi system just makes more sense & is more fair overall. :giggle: It'll be interesting to see the full results next week (that's when they usually post them), who would have qualified if we had 7 semi qualifiers. :unsure: Having Traffic or Cecilia or other Ewert song would have made the final lineup more varied and interesting! But maybe we would have gotten Ingmar or Laura instead, who knows. :LOL:

I'd also love Tommy or Kerli. They really represent Estonia so well.

Ted Talks

I detest this as much as Finland’s song. They’re both awful, cheap and gimmicky.

This at least feels more genuine that Finland’s song but I still hate it. It’s such a backwards step from Estonia for me after really liking their last few entries, notably Hope and La Forza.

These kind of ‘fun’ songs are not what Eurovision is anymore. It has moved on and I just find it really annoying these types of songs are coming back. The contest has worked so hard to repair its image to general viewers and songs like this and Finland’s undo all of it.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I detest this as much as Finland’s song. They’re both awful, cheap and gimmicky.

This at least feels more genuine that Finland’s song but I still hate it. It’s such a backwards step from Estonia for me after really liking their last few entries, notably Hope and La Forza.

These kind of ‘fun’ songs are not what Eurovision is anymore. It has moved on and I just find it really annoying these types of songs are coming back. The contest has worked so hard to repair its image to general viewers and songs like this and Finland’s undo all of it.

I agree with Finland as you know but I do think this entry has nothing to do with what Finland is giving us.

It's authentic, it has national instruments, it's in Estonian, it's not based on 90s cheesy trends + it's performed by someone who's established in Estonia. Also, this song doesn't need any staging and it still sounds intriguing, this can't be said the same for Finland's song.

Ted Talks

I agree with Finland as you know but I do think this entry has nothing to do with what Finland is giving us.

It's authentic, it has national instruments, it's in Estonian, it's not based on 90s cheesy trends + it's performed by someone who's established in Estonia. Also, this song doesn't need any staging and it still sounds intriguing, this can't be said the same for Finland's song.
Oh I don’t disagree that they’re not exactly the same, but they have the same outdated version of Eurovision attached to them for me.

Finland is cynical in its cheesiness. This isn’t as cynical, but still feels similar to me in its silliness, which as I say is more genuine here. I just don’t think this is what the contest is about any more - not for me anyway.

I will say that the sound of this - hard to describe why - really jolts with my ears and I don’t like it for that reason too.

Maybe I’m the problem here? (That’s a rhetorical question before anyone cheekily responds) ;)

rasmuslights

Veteran
Oh I don’t disagree that they’re not exactly the same, but they have the same outdated version of Eurovision attached to them for me.

Finland is cynical in its cheesiness. This isn’t as cynical, but still feels similar to me in its silliness, which as I say is more genuine here. I just don’t think this is what the contest is about any more - not for me anyway.

I will say that the sound of this - hard to describe why - really jolts with my ears and I don’t like it for that reason too.

Maybe I’m the problem here? (That’s a rhetorical question before anyone cheekily responds) ;)

No, I get what you're saying.

I'd also hate if the contest had just songs like this. But I do think there's room for entries like this, unlike Finland's entry, which in my opinion is trying to be a copy of a eurovision song. This isn't trying to do that.

FilipFromSweden

I like the vibe and the dance and the whole package, but I wish the song had a less messy structure? It's a bit all over the place at times. The overall rhytm is good though :7:

Sammy

Veteran
I forced myself to listen to the studio version today while driving. Surprisingly I found it much less annoying than when I saw it live. I wouldn‘t say I like it, but I‘m starting by upgrading it to :1:

MopManMoss

Veteran
@laululind and other Estonian forumers

:ee: (nendest) narkootikumidest ei tea me (küll) midagi has gone into the record books as the Eurovision song title with the largest amount of characters used with 50. Also unofficially the most amount of letters as well using 40. xcheer

GGkj1FZWMAEhh2R
Anything that takes something away from Ralph Siegel should be celebrated

JSSArcos

I love some parts and some elements of the music, but I hate others.

I enjoy this more live than in the studio version; it's 3 minutes of fun. Though they need to improve the vocals and the live performance itself, their energy and interaction with the audience are incredible! For the studio version, I would rate it much lower, but live, I'm giving it :7: points.

However, I'm saddened by losing songs that I liked so much: Ollie, having 2nd place again, is really sad, I hope he comes back someday.

some honorable mentions
Uudo Sepp & Sarah Murray - Still Love -----) I think I found my cute song of the season xblush
Nele-Liis Vaiksoo - Käte Ümber Jää -----) biggest surprise of the night, I just loved it
Ewert & The Two Dragons - Hold Me Now ----) It needed a better arrangement, but seeing this style in a final is always great, I hope to see them back one day.

Anyway, great show Estonia! Loved seeing Alika with BEDWETTERS x12pointsxheart

Lietuvis

Judging by the poll, a very polarizing song, not leaving anyone indifferent. I think that's a good thing. :)

BorisBubbles

Veteran
it's not even that polarizing. The high scores outnumber the low ones by about 2-1.

debemaks

Very happy. If I could give 15 points I will do! That's true it is polorizing and polarizing songs always to good. It will be layed by jurors and will be a top 3-5 in public vote. It will stand out!!! A sure qualifier with Norway and Latvia from SF2

lasse braun

It will be layed by jurors and will be a top 3-5 in public vote.
käärijä got good jury votes last year - estonia could go the same way - this is THE dance & fun song 2024 and also taylormade for young,middle & old people - not only for the bubble or parts of them.
big advantage. xqueenbitch

henhu

If I see correctly, their Eurovision channel video has 94% likes... they are truly coming for these 200 televoting points :D

ESC94

One thing is already sure, :ee: will definetly stand out this year. I really like the rhythm of the song and the melody is also stuck in my head. (y)

Everything could be great, if only the "singing" wouldn´t be this irritating to me. I don´t know why but for me it´s really exhausting to listen to the song and kinda spoils it for me. :(

Qualifying for the final won´t be an issue for them, but I can´t see them being as successful als Käärjä last year to be honest.

In the end I give them solid :5:, it´s an interesting colour in this years contest but it´s just not pleasant enough for me to give it a higher ranking.

Top Bottom