For all the people great and small
Oh, when all else is lost
The future still remains our own

I hope

The future still remains our own

I hope

Mainshow

Veteran
Did Elina qualify? - I´m watching Israel right now and I just missed the announcement.

edit: users with Elina as an avatar thanking God is quite obvious now, though.

Thank Godney, she qualified!!!!!!!!

ekzuu

Nah... I really wanted some other singer qualify. Lacking of her song and performance was illustrated tho by the way how nonevent it was and that it got its place thanks to the 2nd round. It won't win fosure

Mainshow

Veteran
The Juries didnt vote for "Storm". Neither at EL nor at ESC.
"Storm" was part of their qualifiers? - I call this "voting for a song" - I know that the televoters somehow went totally crazy for it and placed it #3 but I´m still shocked that the juries ranked it higher than Portugal, Georgia, Poland which were genuine, honest, authentic, interesting, progressive and different - still they chose the most generic song of the entire semi to qualify.

laululind

Well, got 5/5 qualifiers in the end, guess this semi was pretty easy to predict. :) No surprises in the end! Didn't expect Elina to be the one saved by last round tho'. Next semi seems quite a bit harder to predict. :unsure: We'll get rehearsal pics tomorrow & find out who's actually on stage and who isn't, but right now I'd say... Stefan & Sahlene most likely through. After that tho'.. Black Velvet will get televote support, but juries will probably dislike it. Maian & Pur Mudd & Jaagup can get jury support, but will they get enough televotes? :unsure: Evelin Samuel & Boamadu were televote qualifiers in the semis, but will they stand out on stage? The only one that seems hopeless to me is Minimal Wind, otherwise it's a very open semi. :) Should be interesting.

Bmbriga

I didn't watch the show unfortunately, but if I remember correctly, the only my top 5 song in this semifinal was Merilin Mälk's one, so I'm not thrilled. I remember liking Ott's song, so that's something, I guess.

ollibox

The greatest robbery of the night for me - Kaia-Liisa. Her live was just ... OMG! x12points And - before that Semi I wasn't confident at all she could qualify. Her live was just SO EXCELLENT!
A bit sad for Merilin Mälk as well. On the other hand - her live performance in the final would have been quite questionable anyway, sooo ...
All together, easily predictable SF with some minor changes. Let's see what Saturday's SF2 will bring xcheer
At this point, still my overall favorite - MAIAN xyaaay

ollibox

they showed rehearsal footage on etv2 and she was supposed to be lowered
I watched that, too. It seems that Elina didn't fall hard, instead she was left hanging too high for the moment. That's what messed things up. Great recovery performance wise though.

ollibox

The greatest robbery of the night for me - Kaia-Liisa. Her live was just ... OMG! x12points And - before that Semi I wasn't confident at all she could qualify. Her live was just SO EXCELLENT!
A bit sad for Merilin Mälk as well. On the other hand - her live performance in the final would have been quite questionable anyway, sooo ...
All together, easily predictable SF with some minor changes. Let's see what Saturday's SF2 will bring xcheer
At this point, still my overall favorite - MAIAN xyaaay
PS! A very special highlight of the evening - CAATER! xmetal Some (more mature) Estonian audience might have felt that as well, I hope :D

laululind

If Ott should win, I hope he does something about his facial expressions. :LOL: He looks quite comical on stage, which doesn't really fit the emotional serious ballad he's got going on! I don't recall this being an issue with Kuula. He hammed it up a little back then too, but not to this level. Of course if he starts to focus on not pulling silly faces, his vocals will probably suffer as a result. :unsure: Maybe it was just semi-final nerves and he'll be more relaxed & natural next week! :) Today he looked like a slightly deranged deer in headlights. :LOL:

Top Bottom