For all the people great and small
Oh, when all else is lost
The future still remains our own

I hope

The future still remains our own

I hope

mauve

Veteran
Give it some two or three other listens and turn into a superfan like Mrm and me :lol: :lol: :lol:
Okay, I think I am starting to love it after a few listenings already ... :ROFLMAO: With some songs, I need more time, and mostly these are the better ones! I can imagine that live it can be very atmospheric!

Mauve, when you say that Ott is "basic" I totally agree with you but... isn't that how real music should be? We often observe songs with many nuances, very daring, technically complex and, at times, at "fireworks" that distract from the vocal test, from the sound and from the text. When a singer manages to be "basic" and at the same time to excite, he is a winning singer. Being "basic" is difficult. There is no room for mistakes!
You are absolutely right! Afterall there are bad and good basic songs. So far this song is my most favorite one in this section! xheart

Kairit

I... would think Ott is winning this. I don't find it dated, it just sounds like a timeless classic, as if it's from the Singing Revolution times in the late 80s, one of those songs that are still revered today and sung at the Song Festival. Or a Christmas classic. :lol:
Interesting to hear Ott do a ballad again as that's not the usual for him these days. But he's probably the only male estonian artist that can pull it off like this.

Mrm

Veteran
I... would think Ott is winning this. I don't find it dated, it just sounds like a timeless classic, as if it's from the Singing Revolution times in the late 80s, one of those songs that are still revered today and sung at the Song Festival. Or a Christmas classic. :lol:
Interesting to hear Ott do a ballad again as that's not the usual for him these days. But he's probably the only male estonian artist that can pull it off like this.
What are the lyrics about? in short? :)

Mrm

Veteran
@outsynk

What is so funny?
My no2 and no3 qualified with Estonian televoting easily in their heats! so really dunno what's that funny tbh.. ;)
I'm confident my n1 will do the same thing today.. :) ;)

BorisBubbles

Veteran
"Repeat a lie a hundred, a thousand, a million times and it will become a truth"

Remember you didn't even like the Maneskin? And what happened then? Did all of Europe adore them and did they win? Admitting you don't know anything about music, does it hurt? :lol:
🤷 I slept on Måneskin but i did think they would come top five before rehearsals began. I didn't think they would win but i'm notoriously horrible at picking Eurovision winners so if anything i did them a favour xheart

Besides, I have grown to like Zitti e Buoni during rehearsals. Another victory for the Italians xheart

Mrm

Veteran
You will see, @alyrin will in the end start to like/love it... and change the avatar.. :p

ekzuu

God why do our songs leak all the time... we can't just do our NFs correctly -.-

Please not Ott Lepland, I DO NOT want another male ballad from us :(((( It doesn't feel like a qualifier, it's defo weaker than "Kuula", although they really wanted to give the same vibes I feel like.... but you know you can never repeat some great thing, if you try it always feels weaker. I even prefer Stig over this, at least it's more interesting. This just feels empty to me :( It will all depend on the staging but... I'm not sure Ott would win, it's a pretty song, sure, but I'm just not sure.... It certainly has that singing revolution vibe tho.
But our semis and final this year seem to turn out really a bloodbath, who would have thought. Not that the songs are sooo good, but just a lot of heavy hitters it feels like. I just hope we send something interesting... In the end it seems like QFs were not a bad idea indeed, as I have enjoyed at least hearing more choices, also past years some good songs have missed out from SFs so yeah, it's kind of nice.

As of now I still like Meeletu the most, I also like Laululind a lot, Vaikus, Elina, Merlin are following behind...

Mrm

Veteran
@ekzuu

Our Zeljko Joksimovic was 2nd in 2004 with "Lane moje", he came back in 2012 with "Nije ljubav stvar", the year when "Kuula' competed for Estonia btw, and was 3rd, so why not? ;)

Mrm

Veteran
Gooosh how I love that velvety vocal Ott Lepland has...Color of his singing voice is simply incredible.. xlove xheart

Mrm

Veteran
you're trying way too hard to convince us lol
Always! It is just the annual thing for me in the Estonian thread with Estonian esc fans! :lol: xlove xheart
Love to make cold Estonians a bit softer.. :D

And can you say my previous statement is not true? :p

Just see Ariadne knocks me down completely this evening and knocks Ott Lepland from the spot no1 on my Eesti Laul 2022 list.. lmao :lol:

Top Bottom