Contact us

ESC UNITED FORUM RANKING GAME 2023 - CLOSED - RESULTS RELEASED

Sean

Admin
Staff member
DHcWHsa.png

Everyone's favourite ranking game is BACK for 2023, and we will begin in just a few short days!

We're sure #YOU know the score by now, but if not, here's a reminder of how the biggest game of the Eurovision 2023 forum works...

Vote in this thread
Clearly state the country you are voting from - we will check IPs!
STRICTLY ONE SET OF VOTES PER IP ADDRESS
YOU CANNOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN COUNTRY IF ITS SONG IS REVEALED
ANY FRAUDULENT OR SUSPICIOUS VOTES WILL NOT BE COUNTED

ROUNDS WILL END ON A FRIDAY NIGHT THIS YEAR, NOT SATURDAY NIGHT

Full details of the rules can be found below, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RULES IN FULL BEFORE PARTICIPATING!

RULES OF THE RANKING GAME

RESULTS BY ROUND;

Last edited:

HarryUK

Veteran
:uk: calling for the last time this year - little shift around after rehearsals too.

:12: :se: Sweden
:10: :fi: Finland
:8: :il: Israel
:7: :fr: France
:6: :hr: Croatia
:5: :at: Austria
:4: :al: Albania
:3: :nl: The Netherlands
:2: :au: Australia
:1: :no: Norway

Kajanaland

THE LAST ROUND BEFORE THE REAL GAME IS BASED ON THE REHEARSAL CLIPS
From the #ChaChaChaLand :fi:xcheer:alien:xcheer

:12::lv: LATVIA - Aija
:10::fr: FRANCE - Evidemment
:8::rs: SERBIA - Samo Mi Se Spava
:7::at: AUSTRIA - Who The Hell Is Edgar?
:6::es: SPAIN - EaEa
:5::ee: ESTONIA - Bridges

:4::sl: SLOVENIA - Carpe Diem
:3::ge: GEORGIA - Echo
:2::ua: UKRAINE - Heart Of Steel
:1::au: AUSTRALIA - Promise

:no::hr::cz::mt::pt::se::am::ch::de::nl:

HAVE A GREAT ESC WEEK xlovexgoddessxmusic

Zeus

After rehearsals, from :nl:

:12: :es:
:10: :lv:
:8: :ua:
:7: :ge:
:6: :cz:
:5: :fr:
:4: :am:
:3: :be:
:2: :md:
:1: :ee:

My :1: could also be :no:, :mt:, :sl: or even :ch:. Depends on mood and how the full performances will be. For now I'll put Estonia in. I don't even like that song or the sound of her voice that much but at this point I'm happy with anyone actually singing live and delivering some decent vocals.

Anne56

My final votes from Canada :ca:

:12: :ch: Switzerland Still my favourite by far after rehearsals
:10: :it: Italy
:8: :al: Albania
:7: :uk: United Kingdom
:6: :no: Norway
:5: :se: Sweden
:4: :fr: France
:3: :lt: Lithuania
:2: :cy: Cyprus
:1: :md: Moldova

Small changes to some of my lower choices after the rehearsals but overall the same.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
:us: calling!

:12: :sl: SLOVENIA - Carpe Diem performed by Joker Out
:10: :fi: FINLAND - Cha Cha Cha performed by Käärijä
:8: :es: SPAIN - Eaea performed by Blanca Paloma
:7: :md: MOLDOVA - Soarele și luna performed by Pasha Parfeny
:6: :de: GERMANY - Blood And Glitter performed by Lord of The Lost
:5: :au: AUSTRALIA - Promise performed by Voyager
:4: :hr: CROATIA - Mama ŠČ! performed by Let 3
:3: :cz: CZECHIA - My Sister's Crown performed by Vesna
:2: :lv: LATVIA - Aijā performed by Sudden Lights
:1: :al: ALBANIA - Duje performed by Albina and Familja Kelmendi

Rocket man

:uk: final vote for Eurovision 2023

:12: :cz: Czechia - Vesna - My Sister's Crown
:10: :fi: Finland - Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha
:8: :at: Austria - Teya and Salena - Who The Hell Is Edgar?

:7: :lv: Latvia - Sudden Lights - Aijā
:6: :hr: Croatia - Let 3 - Mama ŠČ!
:5: :ge: Georgia - Iru - Echo
:4: :ua: Ukraine - Tvorchi - Heart Of Steel
:3: :lt: Lithuania - Monika Linkytė - Stay
:2: :au: Australia - Voyager - Promise
:1: :dk: Denmark - Reiley - Breaking My Heart

heke1988

I will give my final votes on Friday:).

ollibox

Hi everybody! xwave

After being away from ESC bubble (but listening to almost all the songs non-stop for about 2 months) here's my final votes before the semis start.
After rehearsals, some opinions changed, but my main favorites haven't changed. Here's my view with some comments:

:1::uk: UK - 1 point. GOOD! And 12 pts for the official video!
:2::am: Armenia - 2 points. The singer is absolutely mesmerizing! The song too!
:3::de: Germany - 3 points. I'd LOVE to see them get to TOP 5! Like it a lot!
:4::at: Austria - 4 points. Catchy as hell! Some might say phenomenal!
:5::il: Israel - 5 points. GREAT banger! Possibly at least in TOP 5 in the final!
:6::fr: France - 6 points. My daughter's favorite! And I like this a lot as well!
:7::cy: Cyprus - 7 points. That song has grown on me the most from the start. Because I can really relate to it.
:8::se: Sweden - 8 points. There's no way to ignore Loreen! She's SO GOOD! The song isn't nearly as good as Euphoria, but...
:10::fi: Finland - 10 points. I'm obsessed with that song! LOVE the dancers! I hope Käärijä wins it all!

And finally....

:12::no: Norway - 12 points! Just the best song for me from the beginning! Gorgeous Alessandra, great beat! I'll listen to that for many years to come for sure!

Some honorable almost-TOP10 mentions:

:md: - The best non-qualifier for me. LOVE IT!
:ge: - Second best non-qualifier. All the different drum beats annoy me big time, but the singer is great!
:is: - Third best non-qualifier. Her looks in Liverpool is a major cooldown for me. Liked her in Icelandic NF a lot more.
:ch: - Didn't like the song much before the rehearsals. Now it has a potential in my TOP 10 and in my all-time-favorites playlist!
:rs: - The best song from Serbian NF for sure. But I guess I'm too "straight" to appreciate that song more.
:sl: - A REAL honorable mention! Actually, I'd switch it for any of my 10th to 4th place easily. LIKE!!!
:ua: - Liked the previous Ukrainian entries a lot more. This is NOT bad, but still - something's missing.
:it: - Like it, but not nearly as much as Italy's previous entries. This is actually quite meh for me.
:lv: - It's a GOOD SONG! My issue is that my favorites were left in their NF unfortunately.
:lt: - Absolutely hated the gold stockings she had on in NF. But she improved for Liverpool. Some great harmonies in that song.
:az: - Like it! No banger, but a great mood song.
:au: - Good. But not great. I miss our Bedwetters and Ollie....
:cz: - Nice gesture towards Ukraine and actually a good song. Just a bit not enough to get to my TOP 10.
:mt: - Quite ok. Like it especially because they're underdogs. Maybe TOP 15 in the final if they get through the semi.
:nl: - Good song! Just not outstanding enough.
:pt: - Like it and curious to see where it ends up. TOP 10 would not be a surprise.

Some honorable sub-:0:-point mentions:

:es: - I don't get that song at all. It's definitely a pure art, won't argue about that. Still, goes past me BY FAR.
:al: - Also, not even nearly my taste. It's cultural thing, I guess. It's just too different. The melody is very nice though.
:hr: - I do get the symbolism, but the song itself and performance - can't bear it for even 30 seconds.
:gr: - Usually LOVED all Greece's entries. This song does absolutely nothing for me. Nevertheless, a very brave young dude!
:ro: - One of the best sub-0 pointers, actually. I like the song, but the performance - not at all.
:dk: - That's just sooo out of my musical taste. Both, song and performance wise.
:be: - Didn't like that from the start and it hasn't grown on me at all. Meh song and performance for me.
:pl: - Well, don't have to spell it out, I guess. After all the drama over Poland's NF I just can't appreciate this. Even if she has improved her singing.
:sm: - Not a bad song, actually. I usually like the genre, but this leaves me quite cold. Can't pinpoint why.
:ie: - VERY mixed feelings about this. The song itself is not bad at all.
BUT!
When it won the national selection I was like - Oh no... What have you done...
When the official video came out - WTF and WHY were my first questions.
And after the rehearsals - he doesn't sing very well, doesn't he?

And FINALLY

:ee: - My country. I root for Alika, of course. Hope she gets to the final! Although, I have no big expectations there, places 16-20 is my prediction. And I still mourn for Ollie and/or Bedwetters... The "what if" 's will remain inside of me for a long time...

Well, cheers from me and enjoy the shows! xwave

success

Hi everybody! xwave

After being away from ESC bubble (but listening to almost all the songs non-stop for about 2 months) here's my final votes before the semis start.
After rehearsals, some opinions changed, but my main favorites haven't changed. Here's my view with some comments:

:1::uk: UK - 1 point. GOOD! And 12 pts for the official video!
:2::eek:len: Armenia - 2 points. The singer is absolutely mesmerizing! The song too!
:3::de: Germany - 3 points. I'd LOVE to see them get to TOP 5! Like it a lot!
:4::at: Austria - 4 points. Catchy as hell! Some might say phenomenal!
:5::il: Israel - 5 points. GREAT banger! Possibly at least in TOP 5 in the final!
:6::fr: France - 6 points. My daughter's favorite! And I like this a lot as well!
:7::cy: Cyprus - 7 points. That song has grown on me the most from the start. Because I can really relate to it.
:8::se: Sweden - 8 points. There's no way to ignore Loreen! She's SO GOOD! The song isn't nearly as good as Euphoria, but...
:10::fi: Finland - 10 points. I'm obsessed with that song! LOVE the dancers! I hope Käärijä wins it all!

And finally....

:12::ei: Norway - 12 points! Just the best song for me from the beginning! Gorgeous Alessandra, great beat! I'll listen to that for many years to come for sure!

Some honorable almost-TOP10 mentions:

:md: - The best non-qualifier for me. LOVE IT!
:ge: - Second best non-qualifier. All the different drum beats annoy me big time, but the singer is great!
🔛 - Third best non-qualifier. Her looks in Liverpool is a major cooldown for me. Liked her in Icelandic NF a lot more.
:ch: - Didn't like the song much before the rehearsals. Now it has a potential in my TOP 10 and in my all-time-favorites playlist!
:rs: - The best song from Serbian NF for sure. But I guess I'm too "straight" to appreciate that song more.
:sl: - A REAL honorable mention! Actually, I'd switch it for any of my 10th to 4th place easily. LIKE!!!
:ua: - Liked the previous Ukrainian entries a lot more. This is NOT bad, but still - something's missing.
:it: - Like it, but not nearly as much as Italy's previous entries. This is actually quite meh for me.
:lv: - It's a GOOD SONG! My issue is that my favorites were left in their NF unfortunately.
:lt: - Absolutely hated the gold stockings she had on in NF. But she improved for Liverpool. Some great harmonies in that song.
:az: - Like it! No banger, but a great mood song.
:au: - Good. But not great. I miss our Bedwetters and Ollie....
:cz: - Nice gesture towards Ukraine and actually a good song. Just a bit not enough to get to my TOP 10.
:mt: - Quite ok. Like it especially because they're underdogs. Maybe TOP 15 in the final if they get through the semi.
:nl: - Good song! Just not outstanding enough.
:pt: - Like it and curious to see where it ends up. TOP 10 would not be a surprise.

Some honorable sub-:0:-point mentions:

:es: - I don't get that song at all. It's definitely a pure art, won't argue about that. Still, goes past me BY FAR.
:al: - Also, not even nearly my taste. It's cultural thing, I guess. It's just too different. The melody is very nice though.
:h: - I do get the symbolism, but the song itself and performance - can't bear it for even 30 seconds.
:gr: - Usually LOVED all Greece's entries. This song does absolutely nothing for me. Nevertheless, a very brave young dude!
:ro: - Üks parimaid alla nulli viiteid tegelikult. Laul meeldib mulle, aga esitus – üldse mitte.
:dk: - See on lihtsalt minu muusikamaitsest nii väljas. Nii laulu kui esituse mõttes.
:be: - See ei meeldinud algusest peale ja see pole mulle üldse külge kasvanud. Meh laul ja esitus minu jaoks.
:pl: - Noh, ma arvan, et ei pea seda välja kirjutama. Pärast kogu Poola NF-ga seotud draamat ma lihtsalt ei suuda seda hinnata. Isegi kui ta on oma laulmist parandanud.
:sm: - Tegelikult pole paha laul. Tavaliselt mulle see žanr meeldib, aga see jätab mind üsna külmaks. Ei oska täpsustada, miks.
:ie: - VÄGA segased tunded selle kohta. Laul ise pole üldse paha.
AGA!
Kui see rahvusliku valiku võitis, olin nagu - Oh ei... Mida sa teinud oled...
Kui ametlik video välja tuli - WTF ja MIKS olid mu esimesed küsimused.
Ja pärast proove – ta ei laula ju eriti hästi?

Ja lõpuks

:ee: - Minu riik. Muidugi toetan Alikat. Loodetavasti pääseb ta finaali! Kuigi ega mul seal suuri ootusi pole, kohad 16-20 on minu ennustus. Ja ma lein endiselt Ollie ja/või Bedwettersi pärast... "Mis siis, kui" jääb mu sees kauaks...

Tervist minu poolt ja nautige saateid!xwave
Unusta Olli selleks korraks ära, tal ei oleks võimalustki, sest Austraalia ja Saksamaa söövad ta lihtsalt ära. Bedwetters ole6ks eristunud veel kuidagi...Alika pääseb finaali 100 prossa.

Semra

Round 19 from :no:

:12::am: Armenia
:10::lv: Latvia
:8::cz: Czechia
:7::es: Spain
:6::ch: Switzerland
:5::rs: Serbia
:4::fr: France
:3::sl: Slovenia
:2::fi: Finland
:1::ge: Georgia

11th-12th:
:se::au:
I'm not a girl pop fan but must admit :il: looks very professional.
"Thing is not known"
Things might actually change for me:unsure:

Last edited:
Top Bottom