Contact us

Early Preparations for JESC 2024

Marcos C

Georgian Public Broadcaster is now accepting applications for the seventh season of Ranina, the children's national contest that has been traditionally used to select Georgia's representative in JESC.

AlekS

Veteran

elanyvx

Simone Grande won this night the second edition of The Voice Kids Italy, he will represent the Italy at the JESC 2024

shameless

Although I am sure France would've done another excellent job in hosting, I am glad that Spain finally gets their chance to stage an ESC-event in the current era. It's great how all the classic-western nation have seen some revival in their enthusiasm for (J)ESC lately. Who would've thought so 15 years ago? Especially the JESC I expected not to last until the 10th edition when it was dominated by the Eastern Block only. Strange to think that now the tides have completely turned and nations like France, Spain and UK are considered to be the power houses of the contest when they didn't even participate for most of the times in between.

Hy Dranger

Well Armenia and Georgia remain a big force in JESC too, I think Georgia only flunked last year because of the wooden school-play like presentation of the song, they should have borrowed Armenia's choreographer! I really thought the Armenian Yan Girls would win last year but coming 6th in the televote dragged them down to 3rd place but they were sill a country mile ahead of the other 13 including the UK.

But certainly the standard has been high across the board in the last couple of years and I look forward to what this year will bring, I didn't rate the UK entry last year TBH, the 2022 song from Freya Skye was much better but top 5 two years in a row shows we've finally shown we can deliver a song in JESC as good as anything we've had in ESC.

elpanrdas

It's so good that many broadcasters have recently begun to understand the importance of JESC.
Also, I'm guessing the host city will be revealed at the regular press conference during Eurovision week.
Personally, I really want Valencia as the host city (great transportation and still promises unique hosting)

Hy Dranger

It's so good that many broadcasters have recently begun to understand the importance of JESC.
Also, I'm guessing the host city will be revealed at the regular press conference during Eurovision week.
Personally, I really want Valencia as the host city (great transportation and still promises unique hosting)

I think the entries in JESC are every bit as good as ESC, in fact so far this year I've seen nothiing in ESC 2024 which measures up to the top half dozen entries in JESC 2023. It's a shame the UK didn't participate in JESC for many years but hopefully that's changed now.

As for venue, my ancestry is Jerez so . . . but there's no likelyhood of my attending so transportation links etc are kind of academic. OTOH for beautiful location shots for the "postcards" Galicia is lovely.

Top Bottom