Contact us

Do you want the voting presentation to remain for next year?

Do you want the voting system to stay the same?

• Total voters

Jacketh

Hope this thread is okay, as its more about next year!

I've put a poll up, and I'm fascinated to see how many people were won over by it tonight: "system" is referring to the presentation, as obviously there hasn't been no change in the system of assigning points, its still 50/50.

FilipFromSweden

Re: Do you want the voting system to remain for next year?

Absolutely. In many other years you we're lucky to even have an exciting voting, remember 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013? This way we can have an exciting year every year. My nation wasn't even up for the trophy and my heart was beating so fast all the way to Russia getting their points.

simonPL

As a Pole, I say: no changes. This was exciting! :D

But, third time in a row, juries burned us down. What the heck?!

EscGeek

Veteran
keep it...i only want back the :8: and :10: announcments

0scar

This was exciting, yes. But I think this was mostly exciting for the remaining countries who didn't get their points yet and ESC-fans. I've seen on social media that when the points of the Netherlands were being read, everyone was a bit disappointed and didn't care for the rest of the voting at all.

So I don't actually know. I really enjoyed it but I also really enjoyed still having something to look forward to as you could get points until the very end - which, I think, a lot of viewers enjoyed more.

DanielLuis

This was exciting, yes. But I think this was mostly exciting for the remaining countries who didn't get their points yet and ESC-fans. I've seen on social media that when the points of the Netherlands were being read, everyone was a bit disappointed and didn't care for the rest of the voting at all.

So I don't actually know. I really enjoyed it but I also really enjoyed still having something to look forward to as you could get points until the very end - which, I think, a lot of viewers enjoyed more.

Well, Portugal isn't even participating but everybody was glued to the TV screen here in my house

0scar

Well, Portugal isn't even participating but everybody was glued to the TV screen here in my house

Yeah, maybe just BECAUSE Portugal didn't participate this year. You weren't able to get points so there already was nothing to expect, while the participating countries did.

DanielLuis

Yeah, maybe just BECAUSE Portugal didn't participate this year. You weren't able to get points so there already was nothing to expect, while the participating countries did.

I really don't think so. You could use that logic to say that last year everybody but the people from Russia and Sweden would be bored by the end of the voting. With this method it really is exciting for everybody until the end.

blein

Voted for revert, this voting shows how political this contest is and how ugly it is, second year in row jury won over 200 million televoters.
First they killed italy, next they butchered russia

0scar

I really don't think so. You could use that logic to say that last year everybody but the people from Russia and Sweden would be bored by the end of the voting. With this method it really is exciting for everybody until the end.

I don't think you get my point (not trying to be rude! but I really have the feeling I'm not explaining myself well). Last year everyone but the people from Russia and Sweden would still be sort of excited by the end of the voting because of the possibility that they could actually get points until the very end, even though they couldn't win anymore. Czech Republic this year, for example, lost that excitement after they were being called with zero points.

It's true that it's exciting until the very end to know the winner, but this voting concentrates much on the winner, I always thought it was interesting to see what happened below the top.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the voting and thought it was really exciting.

aef

As a Pole, I say: no changes. This was exciting! :D

But, third time in a row, juries burned us down. What the heck?!

I'd see it the other way round: Your huge diaspora always helps you with the televoting! ;)

Top Bottom