Contact us

Did Jarmo Siim try to get Måns Zelmerlöv disqualified?

FilipFromSweden

The swedish newspaper Aftonbladet might not always be the most reliable source of information/news, but in an interview with Jarmo Siim himself, editor in chief for eurovision.tv Jarmo is accused to tell a greek journalist through a Facebook message to bash Måns Zelmerlöv and his song Heroes (representing Sweden :se:). Here is a screenshot of the message:

http://www.typologies.gr/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-17-at-19.59.19-300x88.jpg

When Aftonbladet directly asks if Jarmo has written it, he doesn't really directly deny it or wants to speculate about it. Here is the article: http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/melodifestivalen/article20810449.ab

So, what do you think?

Mimoliin

My two cents on it: If he hadn't written it, a denial would've been in place.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Every year Swedes try to make out that there's an anti-Sweden campaign. Be real pls

FilipFromSweden

I was trying to be neutral in my post and create discussion, please don't put stamps on me because I'm a swede. Had it been Albania or Moldova it would've been a completely different thing, eh?

Sean

Admin
Staff member
I was trying to be neutral in my post and create discussion, please don't put stamps on me because I'm a swede. Had it been Albania or Moldova it would've been a completely different thing, eh?

I am being neutral. It's just Sweden trying to stir anti-Sweden feelings again. If you post a small screenshot of a 'Facebook message' which is SO EASILY edited if needed then there's no substance.

Pawhlen

I am being neutral. It's just Sweden trying to stir anti-Sweden feelings again. If you post a small screenshot of a 'Facebook message' which is SO EASILY edited if needed then there's no substance.

It´s our pathetic newspapers, don´t even care about that bullshit

Mimoliin

The original article is by some Greece media news site called Typologies though, but I'm uncertain whether or not it's a reliable/trustworthy source.

ETA: English translation below greek wall of text.

Pawhlen

The original article is by some Greece media news site called Typologies though, but I'm uncertain whether or not it's a reliable/trustworthy source.

AKA, just someone pathetic person trying to make drama, nothing to even care about :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicholas123

I saw that this blog is owned by the greek newspaper "To Paron" and the journalist Makis Kouris, so that automatically means that the reliability of the source is questionable :mrgreen:

alca

I also don't understand how exactly would it disqualify Sweden if some random greek website bashed their song?

I think he meant "not to qualify". Not to make it to the final, that is. Turn people against the entry so they don't vote for him.

Schlagerman1

If this is true (I can't say for 100% if it is or false), than I think it is more that Mr. Siim doesn't like the swedish song and want to do badly personally rather than EBU thinks so :lol:

This feels really overacted and now Aftonbladet is making articles if the Eurovision-voting is fair or not and making all sorts of examples from recent years. Of course you can wish it was better (and to be honest, Sweden and SVT is one of the responsible for how the rules look as they do), but no voting will be 100% perfect I think. But I think it is good that EBU have all the votes open for public and tries to make it more democratic by getting people involved in the voting, so that they can change it instead of making all things wrong and untouchable for us fans! :)

Sean

Admin
Staff member
This was just asked about in the EBU press conference but they skipped past the question. I think there's no substance to this.

Romeo

Every year Swedes try to make out that there's an anti-Sweden campaign. Be real pls

And the UK never wins because of political votes..

so much eurovision tradition these days, it wouldn't be teh same without it haha

Pawhlen

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/melodifestivalen/article20911238.ab

Here is more information about this (English), IF this "video proof" is real and not fake, this is very very bad for the already damaged reputation of EBU.

The first time in worlds history that "Aftonbladet" has used source criticism for real xshock1

And I expect this Jarmo to be fired immediate in that case.

A big thrash to the rest of EBU that tried to put everything under the carpet again just like the "Azerbaijan-gate" back in 2013. Then we have this:

"There has been talk of the EBU using Eurovision accreditations as a way of preventing criticism."

If that is true, it is for sure one of the greatest scandals in the history surrounding this event

Alaska49

but the facebook message is dated 3 april lol

surely this is not related to the results then? unless the conspiracy is that sweden was marked to win almost two months prior and this jarmo dude tried to stop it

Top Bottom