4 3.3%

11 9.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

I bims

Veteran
I remember Aura Dione, my father really hated her songs and always changed the channel when for example "Geronimo" was played. :LOL:
The song is a banger but it really was overplayed on german radio. It was just too much.

ESC94

The song is a banger but it really was overplayed on german radio. It was just too much.

I didn´t like it as a song already due to the very irritating chorus "Gigi-Gogo-Lala-Geronimo" or something like that and the fact it was played all the time didn´t make it any better. :sick:

Remembrance

Dipping my toes in for the first post of the new year :)

Danish tabloid / celebrity magazine 'SE og HØR' have revealed the songs taking part in this year's 'Dansk Melodi Grand Prix';

- Aura Dione - Mirrorball of Hope
- Basim - Johnny
- Chuchu - The Chase (Zoom zoom)
- Janus Wiberg - I need your love
- Roseelu - Real Love
- Saba - Sand
- Stella - Sign Here
- Ublu - Planetary Hearts

The songs are due to be revealed by DR during an official press conference tomorrow in Copenhagen.

I'm looking forward to hear the lineup, Aura Dione in particular.
Don't think I recognize any other name here, apart from Basim, who is back after his successful participation 10 years ago.

Last edited:

Betwixt Tales

So far I've only been able to listen to one of the DK hopefuls. And it's actually promising I think. :)

Stella - Sign Here

empo21

Veteran
Changes in format.

Televote decides the 3 superfinalists.

Winner decided by 50/50 jury and televote. Jury consists of 10 fans from Denmark, 5 foreign fans, 5 foreign professionals, so this will either go according to the eurofans' consensus or absolutely the opposite way with no in between.

Mainshow

Veteran
Changes in format.

Winner decided by 50/50 jury and televote. Jury consists of 10 fans from Denmark, 5 foreign fans, 5 foreign professionals, so this will either go according to the eurofans' consensus or absolutely the opposite way with no in between.

How can I apply? :D

Remembrance

Aura Dione - Mirrorball Of Hope

Basim - Johnny

Janus Wiberg - I Need Your Love

RoseeLu - Real Love

Stella - Sign Here

UBLU - Planetary Hearts

Saba - Sand

Chu Chu - The Chase (Zoom Zoom)

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
Changes in format.

Interesting the jury does not consist of national professionals but have 5 foreign ones.
Shouldn't they at least have 5 national professionals, so the representation of the jury would still be on a national side rather than an equal split between foreign and national.

Mainshow

Veteran
How the fuck can they make top 8 so fast, I've learn about the songs getting released like 5 mins ago :lol: :lol:

It's like WiWibloggs deciding to dislike an entry after listening to it for a few seconds, talking over the track for another minute and skip the second part of the song.

:D

empo21

Veteran
Interesting the jury does not consist of national professionals but have 5 foreign ones.
Shouldn't they at least have 5 national professionals, so the representation of the jury would still be on a national side rather than an equal split between foreign and national.

Yeah it kinda makes no sense when there's a 50% televote already. It's giving Spanish demoscopic jury tbh.

tsegaye

Saba has the best song by far. Sure, it's Melodifestivalen pop 101, but the melodies are great. Feels like real jury bait if it were to qualify from the semis (and win DGMP first of course).

Betwixt Tales

Well... for me it's between three songs.

> Stella – 'Sign Here' - First song I heard and it's actually good, IMO. And she's from a town just 20min from me, so that was a fun surprise. :)
> RoseeLu – 'Real Love' - I enjoyed AlphaBeat's music (and Stine Bramsen's solo project) so I guess I shouldn't be surprised this is in my top three.
>Janus Wiberg – 'I Need Your Love' - Might the Faroese get a reprieve from last year's total downfall? He sounds amazing in the studio version at least. :LOL:

mauve

Veteran
Well, this section is not very diverse, but there are a few good songs for me: Ublu, Saba and Stella.

Betwixt Tales

I'm a little sad there are no rock elements to any of them.

Edit: That was meant as a replay to you, mauve, but something went wrong in my reply and I don't know how to fix a post. (sorry)

Mainshow

Veteran
I can totally understand comments like ":dk: is finally back" since this bunch of songs is quite lovely if you like radio-friendly pop with a very few moments which are more exciting but overall, the NF still feels quite vanilla to me since it lacks variety but few pop songs are somehow competitive and I can see them bringing Denmark back into the Grand Final even if I don't like them.
It's clearly a different :dk: than last year - even though they could have thrown a rock entry or a modern ballad or a song in Danish just for the sake of variety.

01. Saba - Sand :8:
Great voice, catchy hook and lovely synth-pop production and an uplifting and memorable melody. I agree with @tsegaye it sounds very Melodifestivalen but actually the good kind which would easily get into Melodifestivalen's Final.
Personally, I think that the 2nd part of the chorus is slightly reptitive but I think that's :dk: ticket to finally end that miserable streak of NQs.

02. RoseeLu - Real Love :8:
The chorus is catchy as hell - a big moment in his radio-friendly pop-heavy NF if you ask me! I love the strings in the arrangement - it feels quite uplifting sonically and RoseeLu sounds amazing in the middle 8 part. Also, I feel like it's quite "up-beat" for this NF as well.

03. Janus Wiberg - I Need Your Love :6:
Finally, a voice which draws me in. The lyrics are quite basic but the production and his vocals make up for it. The middle-8 part is quite "OneRepublic"-smash-y but the song also got a few "meh" and "basic talent show" vibes. I would still include it in my Top 300 Eurovision playlist, though.

04. Stella - Sign Here :6:
I guess this is the "obligatory kinda alternative" entrry this year - and it's still very pop-y. Even though the chorus sound great, imo, it's very repetitive but its also very catchy and makes you wanna join Stella.

05. Basim - Johnny :4:
Basim's voice still sound very boy-ish - something I didn't like back in 2013 either. The song itself is a very generic, radio-friendly track which could have sung by Olly Murs a decade ago. They try to attract the general public/str8 folks by these anthemic "oohs" in the second part of the chorus but it still sounds flat at part. I think they wanted to create an uplifting, sing-along tune for the radios but I think they failed. It's below average for me.

06. Chu Chu - The Chase (Zoom Zoom) :3:
No. No. Meh. I'm too old for such shouty intros. The production, however, is very interesting and probably the most exciting one in this field. It's competitive and quite entertaining - catchy hook but it's clearly tailored for GenZ.

07. Aura Dione - Mirrorball of Hope :2:
I feel like this song's verses sound incredibly dated and very 00's Eurovision-esque whilst the chorus has been lazily-written. The built-up sounds really trashy, camp and cheap like it was prodcued a decade ago.
The tone of her voice saves this mess from being a total disaster. The vocalising parts in the chorus are really repetitive as well.
I expected more from her. What a very vanilla and absolutely dated mess.
That sound would have flopped in Eurovision 2006.

08. UBLU - Planetary Hearts :0:
All twinks unite! - I loved the intro but it just went downhill from there. It's a song Markus Rivas could have come up with. Horrible. Do I hear traces of Dubstep in the middle 8? 2011 is that you?

Top Bottom