6 4.6%

5 3.8%

12 9.2%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

NeoTen

They did her dirty with the camera and make-up though. Make up looked really cakey and way to dark a tone.

jatojo

The international juries don’t do anything good for Denmark in the NF’s.

Realest

The Song was finalworthy, but she didnt deliver. A complete different Singer was needed here.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
She was good, but not good enough. That happens sometimes.

Anyway now that Georgia AND Latvia AND Ireland reached the final, guess which country now has the longest ongoing NQ streak out of everyone?

jatojo

She was good, but not good enough. That happens sometimes.

Anyway now that Georgia AND Latvia AND Ireland reached the final, guess which country now has the longest ongoing NQ streak out of everyone?
Next time, Denmark must send a screaming 67-year-old non-binary singer with loads of plastic surgery on “their” body and dressed as a moose.

Last edited:

jatojo

Denmark's video from semi 2 getting the least views on YouTube so far. (Norway getting surprisingly few viewings too!)

njdevils94

Veteran
DMGP needs to be completely rejigged. Saba isn't a great singer to begin with but better than Reiley was at least. The graphics were some of the cleaner ones from this semi but the song just ultimately strong enough.

Sammy

Veteran
That staging was too static, too little going on. The intended surprise moments were not strong enough. Especially the idea with the spot on her chest felt like a technical malfunction.
I wanted to spare this for the „unpopular opinions thread“, but here I go: Basim would have qualified.

ViVillRejv

SAND SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

The national final staging was way more effective than this one :/.

jatojo

DR’s leader of Melodi Grand Prix after the show:

“We will analyse what kind of year it was in Eurovision and how we could have been stronger. This year there are a lot of freaky songs and we came with a more classic song. So we'll have to see how we move forward with something that might take Europe by storm next year.”

Doing like Ireland did this year? I don’t think that will happen. Melodi Grand Prix is a more established event than the Irish one, and the Danes are not ready for noisy freak shows. They are not as desperate as the Irish, so to speak.

DR is often criticised for picking the wrong songs for the Danish show, but I’ve seen little evidence that strong songs are left out.

In my opinion, Denmark should primarily focus on finding strong singers. Too often it’s inexperienced singers who are singing the best songs. We’ve seen Latvia qualifying with a mediocre song, but a good singer, and in the Danish contest, a similar boring song qualified for the final. In both cases the singer’s qualities made the difference despite very bad odds.

The question is if DR can find such a good artist? It’s difficult because there is a big risk of stigma when you participate at Melodi Grand Prix. More risk than reward.

Looren

Veteran
Still extremly sad about this one, loved it sooooo much and will keep listening to it after ESC, my biggest grower of the year xheart

cassio

DR's director for Melodi Gradprix also said Nothing went wrong, SABA made her best performance of the song. The problem was that we came with a more traditional song were its now more guffy songs thats more popular. DR vil now look inside at their strategy plan. We (DR) hat 8 great final songs for the national selection ......

If DR stick to what the director said then its gonna take many years before Denmark will qualify ..... DR need think out of the box 8 complitely different songs for the final but as long as DR belive that they done so the past 5 years Denmark is getting noware ........ William from WIWiblogs said it in a youtube video: I dont watch the danish national final its to boring I rather like The Swedish, Norwegian and Finish finals.....

PS I still think that Saba was the best we have send since 2018 but it would not say much as we sould have send it in 2015

Last edited:
Top Bottom