11 8.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
On a more serious note, she is not a bad singer, the question is if she can maintain her vocals during her performance.

https://www.tiktok.com/video/7349111383499214113
One reason why she sounded bad during the live performance was because she was dancing so much so she was constantly out of breath. She should remain stable and let the dancers take over the dancing. Another reason may be the bad sound mixing of the studio the performance was held in.

Jupiter

On a more serious note, she is not a bad singer, the question is if she can maintain her vocals during her performance.

Yes, this, and I think one can tell from the NF live too. She's not the best singer ever, but likely perfectly capable if she adjusts the performance. They need to give her dancers or something else that keeps the energy up, so she can focus on the vocals. If they stage it right, this has a shot to qualify IMO, evrn if the semi is very strong.

Etanna

I know just about nothing about singing but it seems to me that she has the pipes to sing it but her technique is not good. The notes are quite unsupported and when she starts moving around it will affect the vocals easily. I'm really curious to see how they'll stage it

jatojo

She has changed what I wanted her to change: The "Pedestal" part is less shouty than in the early versions. :)

It still sounds very "live" - but this song stands out, and I have had it in my top 10 from the outset. Hope she remembers to be a bit punky in her appearance, corresponding to the song - instead of trying to be a beauty queen.

Wynnter

The energy of the song is quite enjoyable, even if the first two verses and choruses feel copy-pasted. The last minute manages to elevate quite enough for this to not land in the mediocre category for me. But as a song itself it... isn't forgettable per say, but there is something lacking here and so it doesn't really grab me.

:7: points

HayashiM

Veteran
She needs a way to start singing the song with more of a bang. Otherwise by the time the small mouse becomes interesting, the casual viewever has already zoned off. Hopefully in Malmö her voice can be brought forward and she won't have this constant club problem of the instrumental being way too loud.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I'm really happy she finally nailed it with a live vocal. For the type of song Pedestal is, it doesn't need to perfect. You can allow some rawness into it as the charisma (which Aiko has in bucket loads) is most important. That last performance was really good. Night and day compared to the national final. That big note was honestly a great addition to the song as well.

Patrick12340

I think if things keep improving that way, we will really be positively surprised in May! What an interesting artist, I am glad I replied to mean comments on her videos by saying she will improve, because she really did.
Czechia prepare yourself the big pedestal is coming!

Rocket man

Yeah I have a lot more belief in Aiko's singing and as a performer now. It's obvious she's worked hard on this in the last couple of months, everything is so much more controlled but not stiff like a robot, just professional.

Czechia are really good at staging too so imo I think it's looking good for Aiko's chances of qualification.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Yeah I have a lot more belief in Aiko's singing and as a performer now. It's obvious she's worked hard on this in the last couple of months, everything is so much more controlled but not stiff like a robot, just professional.

Czechia are really good at staging too so imo I think it's looking good for Aiko's chances of qualification.

Exactly. Vesna and We Are Domi both had one of the best stagings in their respective years.

Top Bottom