ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Slabsson79

The full NF with better audio/video quality on Youtube now

My prediction for the results:
:cz: Czech televote
1 Lenny
2 Tom Sean - could even be first, I've seen some insane promo from a couple of big celebrities and influencers
3 Elly
4 MYDY
5 Aiko
6 Tomas Robin
7 Gianna Lei

:eu: International vote
1 MYDY
2 Elly
3 Tom Sean
4 Aiko
5 Lenny
6 Tomas Robin
7 Gianna Lei

Total:
1 MYDY
2 Elly
3 Tom Sean
4 Lenny
5 Aiko
6 Tomas Robin
7 Gianna Lei
Personally, I think that MYDY will be TOP3 even in the Czech televote. They are known in Czechia and have a competitive song, so i think that even the Czech audience will send them.

Paco Roca

I listened to the songs and I have to admit it was painful. Medium songs for a waiting room or a small party with friends. Tomas Robin seems to me to be the catchiest (even though it's quite harmless). Elly isn't bad either. Perhaps MYDY could have the best impact on the Malmö stage.

boyardor

Live performance of MYDY´s song from 28. 11.:

honzak11

One interesting fact is that 3 out of the 7 songs were written at the Czech song writing camp - which seems to have now become a new generator of songs for ESCZ. I am not entirely excited about this approach - I think this makes the songs more generic, less original and less authentic to the artists themselves.
From what I know, Lights Off by We Are Domi was written at the camp too - and didn't do particularly well at the final. By contrast, Lake Malawi with Friend of a Friend and Vesna last year produced the songs themselves and both did very well around 10th place in the final.

I'm quite confused as to what should I even base my decision on. The live performances give rather useless information considering the constrains of the Roxy venue/sound mix/production. I guess all I am taking away from the live show is just charisma, stage presence & performance (not singing) skills - on these metrics Elly has fell down the most in my ranking. Apart from that, we only have an audio available. It just so hard to tell who might do well.

I think a common problem with all the entries is that none of them actually grow to a peak or creating a special moment within those 3 mins; they are mostly repeating the same melody/hook over and over again. Hope they revamp whatever gets chosen.
One good thing is that whoever gets chosen, they could only positively surprise as it seems that nobody expects a big result from any of these entires this year.

Last edited:

boyardor

Imagine if Pedestal had a dancebreak. The song is 2:32 long, and I think a dancebreak would fit right in at the end. When you play the video clip, a dance break would start at 2:00 and the part where "loving me more" is sung would move to the end

njdevils94

Veteran
Imagine if Pedestal had a dancebreak. The song is 2:32 long, and I think a dancebreak would fit right in at the end. When you play the video clip, a dance break would start at 2:00 and the part where "loving me more" is sung would move to the end
Imagine if :se: Tatoo had a dance break. Imagine if :it: Due vite had a dance break. Imagine if :ch: Watergun had a dancebreak.... We don't need one for every song. Would prefer Aiko to scome up with something more original if Pedestal wins the selection.

EscGeek

Veteran
Aiko's womanly curves remind me of Chanel too:cool:

Sabrewulf238

My ranking of the songs and performances.

01. MYDY - Red Flag Parade
02. Elly - The Angel's Share
03. Aiko - Pedestal
04. Tomas Robin - Out Of My Mind
05. Lenny Filipova - Good Enough
06. Tom Sean - Dopamine Overdose
07. Gianna Lei - Starlet

Pedestal might have been my number one if the performance had been stronger. Starlet might have been a bit higher too if it was performed better. I feel like both Aiko and Gianna struggled with the live performance...

Imagine if :se: Tatoo had a dance break. Imagine if :it: Due vite had a dance break. Imagine if :ch: Watergun had a dancebreak.... We don't need one for every song. Would prefer Aiko to scome up with something more original if Pedestal wins the selection.

This made me imagine Suus having a dance break.

Mainshow

Veteran
Just voted for "Out of my mind".
I'll keep my fingers crossed that he can defeat MYDY in the end.

Top Bottom