7 5.2%

4 3.0%

11 8.2%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

jatojo

because this is an alternative song. it was presented like a bland pop song.
I tend to agree. But I guess a more punk rock staging wouldn't have changed things - the average Eurovision viewer just isn't into that style of music and expression.

Patrick12340

To be honest, it's absolutely not Aiko's fault and she was very good.
But after watching her performance, I felt that the staging was too dark/red, it felt really obscure while the song calls for self love and shining.
Also her clothes were too dark, I wish she wore more colorful clothes and the staging was more consisting of joyful lighting.
It's so sad because the song is very very good and the performance was excellent.
All in all, I am proud of her and proud of czechia for sending this song that has a very important message.

Rocket man

because this is an alternative song. it was presented like a bland pop song.
Exactly. I liked this song and Aiko, but they staged it as a pop song. It should have been more similar to the music video instead. I don’t like making predictions but I bet this came 11th in the semi-final.

boyardor

Exactly. I liked this song and Aiko, but they staged it as a pop song. It should have been more similar to the music video instead. I don’t like making predictions but I bet this came 11th in the semi-final.
So she can replace Joost if it will be needed...

Patrick12340

I hope she came 11th to be able to replace him, actually today some rumors claimed that she was rehearsing but ahmad said they were not true

Chrisiam

It is too late to add a contestant into the mix. The running order was done with The Netherlands in mind. And there might not be enough time to switch things from Luxembourg's staging to Czechia's to Israel's. And the way things are going a final decision on Joost's participation might not be done until late this evening. And there frankly wouldn't be enough time to rehearse things with Czechia in, regardless of where they would put them.

boyardor

It is too late to add a contestant into the mix. The running order was done with The Netherlands in mind. And there might not be enough time to switch things from Luxembourg's staging to Czechia's to Israel's. And the way things are going a final decision on Joost's participation might not be done until late this evening. And there frankly wouldn't be enough time to rehearse things with Czechia in, regardless of where they would put them.
Czechia doesn´t need anything. They don´t have any props.

Chrisiam

They need the cubes to be lowered slightly ahead of time so it doesn't take as long for that bit in the middle. And the timings of waiting for that to go up and down is likely far more demanding than just bringing someone on with a fake keyboard and chicken costume, or just playing the semi-final 2 performance.

han-g

I don't know I think Czechia contrasts well with luxembourg and Israel. San Marino could work too, as could Albania Belgium and Denmark(though not as well the first two)

nofuxCZ

We don't really know if we even finished 11th. But, even if we did and they brought us back - can you imagine the backlash? Netherlands was one of the fan favourites. I can already see the amount of hate Aiko would get if they brought her back. She doesn't deserve to go through something like that. We tried our best this year and it wasn't enough - best to leave it at that. Let's put some pressure on ČT and fix the NF next year.

Patrick12340

I hope that by fixing the NF we don't mean blaming Aiko for the NQ, I still stand by my words that she was wayyyy wayyyy better than estonia, armenia, latvia.....
Well, that's life. I hope czechia do better next year

Mainshow

Veteran
Personally, I think that her performance was fierce.

I think that all ten finalists deserved to qualify and that it was a very fair result but if I were able to replace one of them with :cz: , I would have done so without doubting my decision any second.

:cz: was the glow-up of the season (I mean, Aiko's NF performance was tragic as hell) - I think it was staged in a very entertaining and classy way. It was quite edgy without leaving the "pop territory"

Andrin

The only ESC 2024 song I made a piano cover of.

I think nothing beats the first studio version, but kudos to Aiko for improving so much throughout the season !

Of course, she deserved her place in the final but that's life.

Paco Roca

"Pedestal" has always been a song that I liked and that the vocals didn't sound perfect wasn't a problem since the song winks at Punk. However, even if "Pedestal" didn't need clean singing, Aiko couldn't and still doesn't know how to sing. Listening to her live was painful. I'm not the type to completely reject, I liked Aiko charisma, her plastic poses and her commitment. NQ deserved but, as with Mustii, there was a possibility of achieving more. The songs weren't bad. All that was missing was the voice which is fundamental for a singing contest.

Paco Roca

Well, yes, but Finland this year and last year plus Croatia 2024 indicate that you can be successful without good vocals.
True. I can also add Bambie Thug. But if you have a strong, entertaining show and/or have the right hype you can qualify and even win. “Pedestal” had nothing to help it stand out or hide the vocal flaws.

jatojo

True. I can also add Bambie Thug. But if you have a strong, entertaining show and/or have the right hype you can qualify and even win. “Pedestal” had nothing to help it stand out or hide the vocal flaws.
I do think they managed to hide it quite well, compared to the national show.

Milos-BC

She pulled the maximum from the song with her performance but sadly it wasn't good enough.

I believe :cz: will come back with a stronger package next year.

Top Bottom