2 1.0%

16 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

John1

This performance is incredible, they surprisingly blend in well with the backdrop.

Slabsson79

Looks promising for a Q and a decent placement in the finals. :) I think we should not be dissapointed. The astral hour of Czechia is yet to come though :-)

randajad

Veteran
Unfortunately I cannot agree, their rehearsal reminded me of Harmonija Disonance. 👀 I'll try to stay optimistic and wait to see the final product.

Ajeje Brazorf

I like the song but I can see a potential flop here, unfortunately... Something is off, I don't know what but I'm not totally convinced... I'm still worried for Czech Republic, because I want them to be in the Final.

Slabsson79

Unfortunately I cannot agree, it reminded me of Harmonija Disonance. 👀 I'll try to stay optimistic and wait to see the final product.
You think a lot of spectators are familiar with a band which has not even made it past DORA? I do not think so. There will never be a full consensus and of course, one could imagine better ways to stage it, albeit worse also. Let us go for what we have and enjoy the show...

randajad

Veteran
You think a lot of spectators are familiar with a band which has not even made it past DORA? I do not think so. There will never be a full consensus and of course, one could imagine better ways to stage it, albeit worse also. Let us go for what we have and enjoy the show...
I said they reminded ME.

Staging is great.

It's such a nice surprise that they don't use any visual clichées of every East Slavic country having to be represented on stage, like in the video.

Instead, the choice of light rose clothes with long braids to represent *unfortunately* toned down version of feminism in East Slavic countries is great idea. I understood it at first sight. Great!!

The only thing remaining - vocals. They are still a Q mark.

P.S. Nothing like Harmonija Disonance, they are amateurs, they wouldn't be capable of pulling off sth like this in 20 years from now.

Slabsson79

Ok. Pink colour is always a bit risky, but still outstanding.
When people aim at the empty stage, they seem to forget, that the girls are 6 so there is no room for further persons on stage as by the rules so visuals - given the budget - is what is "filling" the stage.
Should be a Q? I think yes. Will it win ESC? No, of course not
THINK PINK! :love:
:):ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Diego

I see a lot of people complaining because they won't wear the clothes from the music video in the performance. That was a very right decision in my opinion. The performance would run the risk of becoming a satire/caricature of Slavic women.

Slabsson79

I see a lot of people complaining because they won't wear the clothes from the music video in the performance. That was a very right decision in my opinion. The performance would run the risk of becoming a satire/caricature of Slavic women.
Actually it was already said by them that they will not wear it. The video uses male dancers and the girls are already 6, thus exceeding the maximum. Those who say they feel dissapointed about not transfering the magic of the video to the stage would say this whatever VESNA would implement, IMHO.
The pink might be a risky colour, but still...pink is a colour which stands out and it is a feminine colour. So i guess they had an idea behind their staging and of course, we should not forger the low budget of Czechia...

nofuxCZ

Well, I wasn't sure what to expect but I am positively surprised :)
Some people are too tied to the costumes from the music video, while the inspiration for the costumes weren't even Slavic traditional clothes (you can see the inspiration for each of the dolls from the MV here https://www.instagram.com/p/Co-iiuQgsxG/)

The outfits they chose in the end look great against the dark, dystopian backdrops. I love the braids! I am curious what they're gonna do with them.

Here are 2 seconds from the TV screen :mrgreen:

honzak11

I thought the staging was great, although I expected something completely different. It does look very modern and cool, which makes it more competitive and it makes it look like it belongs to the year 2023.

I think Vesna have surely been working on getting nice angles and camera shots for the TV which is great, because we know some previous Czech participants were treating ESC more like a concert than a TV show.

These are my favourite shots: (by EBU Sarah Louise Bennett)
230501_Sarah%20Louise%20Bennett_EBU_0501.jpg
230501_Sarah%20Louise%20Bennett_EBU_0511.jpg
230501_Sarah%20Louise%20Bennett_EBU_0508.jpg
230501_Sarah%20Louise%20Bennett_EBU_0487.jpg

Sources:

Last edited:

boyardor

I thought the staging was great, although I expected something completely different. It does look very modern and cool, which makes it more competitive and it makes it look like it belongs to the year 2023.

I think Vesna have surely been working on getting nice angles and camera shots for the TV which is great, because we know some previous Czech participants were treating ESC more like a concert than a TV show.

These are my favourite shots: (by EBU Sarah Louise Bennett)
230501_Sarah%20Louise%20Bennett_EBU_0501.jpg
230501_Sarah%20Louise%20Bennett_EBU_0511.jpg
230501_Sarah%20Louise%20Bennett_EBU_0508.jpg
230501_Sarah%20Louise%20Bennett_EBU_0487.jpg

Sources:
Where did you find these pictures? I can´t see them in this gallery here: https://eurovision.tv/gallery/czechia-vesna-my-sisters-crown-first-rehearsal

Top Bottom