7 5.6%

4 3.2%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ESC94

Here´s part two of the ESC kompakt songchecks 2024. Today it´s :cy: turn.

The blogggers verdict:

Benny - The first excpert sounded pretty quite promising (Bop) but all in all it´s too predictable, too tame and too much handbrake. A real climax is missing and from the second verse "Liar" is just boring. Even the dance break is strangely powerless. A missed opportunity. :4:

Berenike - In itself "Liar" may not be bad, but this kind of song Cyprus sends to almost every second ESC really bores me now. It feels like the tenth re-infusion of the same song. It´s still fun in the Euroclub somehow though, thats why still :3:.

Douze Points - At the beginning I was very disappointed in "Liar". Without the video and stage performance thaz´s a mediocre Eurodance product. The lyrics aren´t a winning theme either. But I think the dance break could get something out of the song. :5:

Flo - As visually impressive as the video is, the song itself is average at best. This kind of beat and drop was already there countless times and it needs a big staging to stand out. The mix is noticeably strong in the video in favor of the beat, live Silias voice sould be more in focus. :5:

Manu - Liar” isn´t better, but also not worse than the typical ESC feel-good songs you’ve heard many times, which somehow sound like going on a vacation in the south. If something like that plays on the radio, it won´t get switched away. But nowadays on the big ESC stage, a song like this can only score good points with an extremely good staging. We'll see if Silia can do that, especially since I'm currently guessing that Cyprus will open the semi-finals. Overall, a good :4:.

Max - Probably over are the times when Cyprus showed more commitment at the ESC. "Liar" isn´t a bad song but if feels like it could´ve already been released ten years ago, addtionally comes the pre-programmed dance break and that the song doesn´t really have many highs and lows. I don´t necesserarily skip "Liar" when it appears on my playlist, but the song hovers somewhere in the middle for me. :5:

Peter - You have to ignore that trashy hotel lobby video when your trusted ESC DJ plays “Liar”. It's what grooves that counts. The lyrics are nonsene, but it´s maximally danceable with a contemporary funky-style retro beat. That's enough. And Silia is sexy and can dance extremely well at an elegant table dance level with an Ibiza approach. For me that's enough for :10:.

Rick - I have to admit: I think the pop/dance track from Cyprus at the ESC is great. It's simply music that catches your ear, is produced in a cool way and also sounds international. Whether Tamta, Eleni or now Silia – I always like it, event hough I'm aware that this isn't the most profound music ever. In addition, “Liar” isn’t really recognizable enough to really end up really at the top. But I trust the staging team from Cyprus and am looking forward to another contemporary uptempo track. :8:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Here´s part two of the ESC kompakt songchecks 2024. Today it´s :cy: turn.

The blogggers verdict:

Benny - The first excpert sounded pretty quite promising (Bop) but all in all it´s too predictable, too tame and too much handbrake. A real climax is missing and from the second verse "Liar" is just boring. Even the dance break is strangely powerless. A missed opportunity. :4:

Berenike - In itself "Liar" may not be bad, but this kind of song Cyprus sends to almost every second ESC really bores me now. It feels like the tenth re-infusion of the same song. It´s still fun in the Euroclub somehow though, thats why still :3:.

Douze Points - At the beginning I was very disappointed in "Liar". Without the video and stage performance thaz´s a mediocre Eurodance product. The lyrics aren´t a winning theme either. But I think the dance break could get something out of the song. :5:

Flo - As visually impressive as the video is, the song itself is average at best. This kind of beat and drop was already there countless times and it needs a big staging to stand out. The mix is noticeably strong in the video in favor of the beat, live Silias voice sould be more in focus. :5:

Manu - Liar” isn´t better, but also not worse than the typical ESC feel-good songs you’ve heard many times, which somehow sound like going on a vacation in the south. If something like that plays on the radio, it won´t get switched away. But nowadays on the big ESC stage, a song like this can only score good points with an extremely good staging. We'll see if Silia can do that, especially since I'm currently guessing that Cyprus will open the semi-finals. Overall, a good :4:.

Max - Probably over are the times when Cyprus showed more commitment at the ESC. "Liar" isn´t a bad song but if feels like it could´ve already been released ten years ago, addtionally comes the pre-programmed dance break and that the song doesn´t really have many highs and lows. I don´t necesserarily skip "Liar" when it appears on my playlist, but the song hovers somewhere in the middle for me. :5:

Peter - You have to ignore that trashy hotel lobby video when your trusted ESC DJ plays “Liar”. It's what grooves that counts. The lyrics are nonsene, but it´s maximally danceable with a contemporary funky-style retro beat. That's enough. And Silia is sexy and can dance extremely well at an elegant table dance level with an Ibiza approach. For me that's enough for :10:.

Rick - I have to admit: I think the pop/dance track from Cyprus at the ESC is great. It's simply music that catches your ear, is produced in a cool way and also sounds international. Whether Tamta, Eleni or now Silia – I always like it, event hough I'm aware that this isn't the most profound music ever. In addition, “Liar” isn’t really recognizable enough to really end up really at the top. But I trust the staging team from Cyprus and am looking forward to another contemporary uptempo track. :8:

Flo saying the video is visually impressive ? Gurl where? It's one of the worst music videos of the year along Australia and Azerbaijan.

Realest

Flo saying the video is visually impressive ? Gurl where? It's one of the worst music videos of the year along Australia and Azerbaijan.

:az: will release a new Video soon.

Realest

"She's a Nonqualifier..."

lilka

It's such a shame that such a wonderful country, with a rich culture and awesome artists, does the same thing over and over again.
Well, I'll be happy when it qualifies because it's Cyprus, but... it's not what I really wanted.

Looren

Veteran
But compared to Noa, Chanel and Eleni she lacks charisma. She's giving tiktok girlie not a pop-star and that's a problem imo.

I mean, she's like 17 or something while Chanel and Eleni were 30 <

Noa is something like 22 but already an established act with a lot of experience

So I think that considering her age and the lack of experience Sillia is doing really really good

rasmuslights

Veteran
I mean, she's like 17 or something while Chanel and Eleni were 30 <

Noa is something like 22 but already an established act with a lot of experience

So I think that considering her age and the lack of experience Sillia is doing really really good

Well, it doesn't matter, does it?

I'm not saying she's not talented, cause she is. But talent isn't enough at esc.

The same with Croatia - people saying he lacks experience, well that's not our problem is it? We judge what we have not what it can be if you add that and if you wait this long and if you consider that.

Realest

But compared to Noa, Chanel and Eleni she lacks charisma. She's giving tiktok girlie not a pop-star and that's a problem imo.

I can't see anyone above 20 voting for this.

Well, shes competing with Hera, Tali, Bambie etc...and not with Noa and Chanel.
And :cy:s only Goal is qualifying this Year.

Looren

Veteran
Well, it doesn't matter, does it?

I'm not saying she's not talented, cause she is. But talent isn't enough at esc.

The same with Croatia - people saying he lacks experience, well that's not our problem is it? We judge what we have not what it can be if you add that and if you wait this long and if you consider that.

I know that all of that doesn't matter when you're on the ESC stage 'cause all that would matter there is the song and the performance

I just said that I think that comparing her with Noa, Chanel and all in term of charisma is a bit unfair to her ;)

EscGeek

Veteran
The only reason some people genuinely think she's not qualifying is because Victor crashed and burned last year. For others it's just wishful thinking:LOL:

Realest

432131384_18272898640205582_8917408596250748025_n.jpg

Top Bottom