Super Moderator

flag-800.png
'

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
What I said about Tattoo was "I don't want to see this winning", Not "I can't"

Alcatraz

I was looking for support for my opinion that the Croatian song is bad. So I played it for my old mother - thinking that a song like that doesn't appeal at all to the elderly. But - unfortunately - she likes it! A devastating blow ...
It's a shame you didn't inherit good musical taste from your mother. :D

musicfan

People compare it to Cha Cha Cha but I think it might be better. The rhythm part is more interesting to me, I like the change up towards the end as well. And the melody in the chorus instead of being bubblegum has more of a rock-pop feeling. Cha Cha Cha aimed more at camp with the stage performance, this one (so far at least) looks less weird in the staging but still seems fun and relevant to the song.

StephenMuckle

This definitely gets my 12 points. It's not really like Cha Cha Cha at all, but more like the Nu Metal songs I listened to back at school. I'd maybe compare him to a one man version of The Offspring or Good Charlotte more.

Now go on and get that Rim Tim Tagi Win

Etanna

he's not the best singer, but it doesn't matter at all when there's a crowd that goes crazy and sings along. The song truly came alive at the pre-party!

Jupiter

Official Upload from the pre-Party yesterday:

Vocals sound much, much better than at Dora. Still room for improvement, but a.) he still has time and b.) for this type of song it's enough for me alongside his energy and charisma.
If the staging gets a sinilar Upgrade in Malmö this is still my pick for the televote winner in a competitive year :)

musicfan

I didn't think the staging was that bad at the national selection. Some slight adjustments such as some better camerawork but it was certainly more interesting than the music video (including the costumes).

Ezio

Veteran
Melodically and lyrically this song is really clever, but all in all it just is noise from hell to my ears.

Paco Roca

Melodically and lyrically this song is really clever, but all in all it just is noise from hell to my ears.
I instead see it as a basic composition both in music and lyrics elevated by a good but not even so epic interpretation. The strong points, vote catchers, are the confusing "collage" between Rock*, joke entries and 00s ESC nostalgia + a staging that has already been tested (not exceptional but solid). I'm happy that Croatian fans can enjoy the competition but we are faced with an overvaluation on biblical levels. Surely, without making mistakes in the staging and the vocal side, in a weak year like this, it will enter the Top 10. I'm sure it will get votes both from lovers of the joke genre and from those approaching Rock and from the Bubble. Good support from Eastern Europe will not be missing.

I conclude that, after the ESC, it will be brutally forgotten.

* The Rock in this song is only a facade. A mainstream product, a mask. It may obtain consensus in a competition between emerging artists but in the world of Rock, less subject to rules of courtesy, by TRUE ROCKERS artists and extremist Rock fans it will be looked at as a poor product. I am ugly and bad? No, it's reality. In the past we have witnessed historic groups massacred and losing fans because they winked at the mainstream. And for me, I say it without fear, with Måneskin we got closer to Rock but we always witnessed lambs dressed as wolves. In the golden age of Rock perhaps they would have opened a few concerts and been forgotten, lost in the "Game of Thrones".

Jupiter

The Rock in this song is only a facade. A mainstream product, a mask. It may obtain consensus in a competition between emerging artists but in the world of Rock, less subject to rules of courtesy, by TRUE ROCKERS artists and extremist Rock fans it will be looked at as a poor product. I am ugly and bad? No, it's reality. In the past we have witnessed historic groups massacred and losing fans because they winked at the mainstream. And for me, I say it without fear, with Måneskin we got closer to Rock but we always witnessed lambs dressed as wolves. In the golden age of Rock perhaps they would have opened a few concerts and been forgotten, lost in the "Game of Thrones".

That "true rockers" argument isn't worth much IMO, it just sounds like the ESC Version of the Standard "not true metal" BS some Death & Black Metal Fans throw at everything else. It's mostly just showing the complainers lack of an open mind and exceptance of how varied music is.

ESC always has more "Radio version" Rock (& metal) compared to whats out in the wild, but I don't see how that makes the music worse or worth less by definition. Something like "ChaChaCha" (metal, not Rock, I know) was a massive hit with many "true" metal fans, to my knowledge even more so than Måneskin (who had a great show, lots of charisma - but to me a way more "we're writing this for the radio folks" song than Käärija or Baby Lasagna).

As an actual Rock & Metal Fan, I love "Rim Tim Tagi Dim", and so do most of the friends I've played the song to. You don't have to like it ofc, but please don't use Rock/Metal Fans like me as an argument for it ;)

musicfan

The Maneskin song seemed more about their look and presence on stage wowing some people more than anything else. He may have had swagger but the song had the most annoying hook which means it will always be among my least favourite winners ever. As annoying as Toy in its own way.

Paco Roca

That "true rockers" argument isn't worth much IMO, it just sounds like the ESC Version of the Standard "not true metal" BS some Death & Black Metal Fans throw at everything else. It's mostly just showing the complainers lack of an open mind and exceptance of how varied music is.

ESC always has more "Radio version" Rock (& metal) compared to whats out in the wild, but I don't see how that makes the music worse or worth less by definition. Something like "ChaChaCha" (metal, not Rock, I know) was a massive hit with many "true" metal fans, to my knowledge even more so than Måneskin (who had a great show, lots of charisma - but to me a way more "we're writing this for the radio folks" song than Käärija or Baby Lasagna).

As an actual Rock & Metal Fan, I love "Rim Tim Tagi Dim", and so do most of the friends I've played the song to. You don't have to like it ofc, but please don't use Rock/Metal Fans like me as an argument for it ;)
I opened a much broader discussion. I didn't focus on the R&M fanbase to weave a sterile apology.

“Rim Tim Tagi Dim” is a good entry for a singing competition and will definitely do well. I also wrote it in the previous message. But it cannot be said that he is brutally overrated by the Bubble and the enthusiastic noise of the Croatian fans. If we also look at the ratings, it's out of the Top 10 or at least in the low Top 10.

I don't criticize so much the almost repetitive pattern of fast syllables (which started from "Cha Cha Cha" and passed through "Damdiggida" by KEiiNO" up to "Europapa" and arrived at "Rim Tim Tagi Dim") which, however, denotes a lack of originality, I criticize the lavish praise for a super basic song. To listen Bubble's opinion we are faced with the new iconic Scatman John... If I were an Austrian fan I would be furious. Kaleen's limitations apart from "We Will"Rave" It's better built and has a longer range. The same goes for "Ulveham" which is a small masterpiece that is snubbed by everyone. Italy brings a cumbia mixed with electronics, trap, rap extremely accurate in every element (it's a 3 minute theater show)... So Jupiter, let's summarize the scheme of the Croatian song, the one that precedes "Rim Tim Tagi Dim": quick phrase + oooooh + quick phrase + oooooh and finally a "Rim Tim Tagi Dim"... Basic... By As for the staging, I only appreciate the "charisma" of Baby Lasagna, the rest is a modernization of a staging of the ESC of 2000s.

Have you compared Måneskin with "Cha Cha Cha" and "Rim Tim Tagi Dim"? In my previous message I wasn't kind to Måneskin but do I really have to accept this comparison? Leaving aside Croatia 2024, "Cha Cha Cha" was a triumph of Bubble and a fun (a little PSY) but forgotten song. Måneskin were, together with ABBA, Celine Dion and Duncan Lawrence (even if the latter was a flash in the pan) those who managed to achieve worldwide success. Käärijää are doing great concerts and that's it, Måneskin have won numerous prestigious world awards, they wrote a song for the Elvis film, they managed to enter the American market and they played with Morello from Rage Against Machine... And you know why did he succeed? Because they were close to playing real Rock (!), and that's why we were all surprised. We asked ourselves "What is this music?!". In the sea of mediocrity of Industrial Pop we discovered that in the past the music was extraordinary, competitive, truly iconic and truly revolutionary. Have the Måneskin really been forgotten? I fear this will be the fate of Baby Lasagna. He will do well in the May competition but will be forgotten and will never be accepted by the real world of Rock.

Honestly, if I had to vote for a joke song, instead of opting for shades of Midsommar, I'd rather go for a walk around Europe with "Europapa".

Alcatraz

Honestly, if I had to vote for a joke song, instead of opting for shades of Midsommar, I'd rather go for a walk around Europe with "Europapa".
I don't know what it has to do with Baby Lasagna, since his song has NOTHING to do with a joke entry. :cool:

Paco Roca

I don't know what it has to do with Baby Lasagna, since his song has NOTHING to do with a joke entry. :cool:
Following your reasoning why by all eurofans the direct opponent of "Rim Tim Tagi Dim" is "Europapa"? Why do many say that the fall of one would represent the success of the other? xshrug

There is affinity. Baby Lasagna probably doesn't bring a pure joke song but there are elements there, elements that recall the ESC of the 00s :cool:

Top Bottom